Profile for K. Cavill > Reviews

Content by K. Cavill

K. Cavill "virgo" (Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Panasonic DMR-BWT720EB Freeview+HD Blu-Ray Disc Recorder, with 1Tb HDD & Twin HD Terrestrial Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars A great recorder., 24 Mar. 2013
I got this from another retailer at the end of last year. I wish I had got it from amazon as it was a little it cheaper, but that's just one of those things.

Now, for the machine. It is a really good bluray player.

The difference between bluray and standard dvds is only subtle, but if you want a more stunning effect, you can link the player to a 3d tv and watch 3d movies. With this i can also record and watch hd tv channels, which again is only subtly different from standard definition. But the picture definitely has more depth. What is handy also is the twin hd tuner, so I can record one channel and watch another, or watch tv through my tv tuner and record on both of the bluray's tuners.
If the built in 1tb int enough space for your recordings, you can alway put stuff on bluray discs, and if you record programmes in standard definition on Blu-ray Discs, you can fit hours and hours of recording onto one disc.

I decided to get this as my mum already had the older model without wifi built in. We had never set hers up to the net as the dongle you can add to make it wireless was over £60 and I she didn't want wires running all the way from the hall to the living room. So when I bought my recorder I had very little idea of what the Internet capability would be like.

The ability to access BBC Iplayer is brilliant. Netflix can also be watched through the bluray player, but so far no app for love film, which I already subscribe to. The only thing I don't like is the YouTube app. It's not that easy to use or navigate.

I also have a Panasonic camcorder, which when plugged with a USB is quickly picked up by the player. When my pc broke down a few months ago and I was worried about not having a copy of the footage on the camcorder's sd card, I transferred everything onto the bluray player's hard drive. It only took a matter of minutes to do the transfer and everything is once again backed up.

Overal, this was a completely worthwhile purchase. Although it was quite an expense I don't think I will need to upgrade for quite a long time. Just one note to the people at Panasonic though: please, oh, please add love film to the player's apps!

Birthday Balloons - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Birthday Balloons - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars So convenient, it's ridiculous., 24 Mar. 2013
This was a present for one of my teenage cousins. I know he shops here and thought, as I have no clue what he's into these days this would be a better present than anything else I could come up with. I also ended up making an impromptu visit to see his mum, so the ability to print the voucher myself and have it there and then was wonderful.

Brilliant!

HP 901 Tri-color Original Ink Cartridge (CC656AE)
HP 901 Tri-color Original Ink Cartridge (CC656AE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ink does not need to cost more than rocket fuel, 23 Mar. 2013
I was really happy with this cartridge. It has proved economical, and did not make me bankrupt. I have nothing to complain about with this product. The quality of the prints it produces are brilliant.

Pet Brands Corner Litter Tray with Hood Plus Filter, Black
Pet Brands Corner Litter Tray with Hood Plus Filter, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap and not made to last., 23 Mar. 2013
This is a second toilet which we keep upstairs for our kitten. Unlike the other toilet he has downstairs ( a normal hooded toilet, not corner one) the lid was very difficult to get back on when removed for cleaning. Upon examination, we realised the lid had excess bits of plastic round the rim where it had not been finished properly. So I scored them off with a knife which solved the problem. However the second or third time we removed the lid, one of the clips that keeps the base attached to the lid snapped, but we had been sent a spare with the loo so that was alright. A matter of a couple of weeks later, and the spare clip also broke. So now the tray cannot be carried by the handle in the lid as it is to secured to the base. Not impressed.

3M Scotch-Brite lint roller, with 56 adhesive layers to remove lint, dog hairs etc, EACH
Offered by NHSL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cat hair, 23 Mar. 2013
Although I can name several shops where I can pick cheaper brand lint rollers up for £1, these are with the extra cost as they are more effective. It is used mainly for getting my kitten's fine fur off the family's clothes, and it works a treat.

You use less sheets each time and therefore one scotch roller lasts longer that its counterparts.

Mikki Grooming Ball Pin Slicker, Soft Grip Handle, Small
Mikki Grooming Ball Pin Slicker, Soft Grip Handle, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars There's nothing better than a good groom., 23 Mar. 2013
Having used a wide tooth comb, a flea comb and a zoom groom on my kitten ( a Birman with fine medium lengths fur) since he came to live with us last summer, I found that as he began to shed his winter coat, the previously mentioned were not collecting enough of the loose hair and our carpet was having to be hoovered daily. Not only that, but our kitten is fastidious with his own grooming and I was becoming concerned with the amount of fur that was going down into his tummy. I considered many brushes but saw this and decided to give it a go as I already had some things from the Mikki range that I thought were good.

I was right to put my faith in this brush. The last thing I wanted to do was to use something that my kitten found uncomfortable, as he is such a sweetheart when it comes to being groomed. So I was pleased that this brush is gentle, not scratching the skin as the ends of the bristles are protected by little metal balls. Although it is gentle it is also very effective. My kitten is malting less on the floor and he really loves his new brush too so everyone's happy. We stil use this in conjunction with the combs but it works much better than the zoom groom.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not right for my needs., 23 Mar. 2013
I have a special needs bath, and the cushions provide it needed replacing a few months ago. The bath company charge almost £500, so not happy to have money extorted from me, I started researching an alternative. These I thought would do just as well. However I found that when the bath was filed with water, the suckers on each corner of the base pillow did not stay stuck down. I must say that I am not a regular sized adult, and if I was heavier, it might have stayed put. So back to the drawing board for me I'm afraid.

Battle Born
Battle Born

5.0 out of 5 stars They've done it again!, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Battle Born (MP3 Download)
Having bought all of the Killers albums and owning Brandon Flower's solo 'Flamingo', I decided it would be wrong not to get this one. It is, in my opinion, up to the band's usual form. I particularly like 'Runaway'. Some may argue that it is more of the same, that the sound on this album is the same sound presented to us in Hot Fuss, and I agree that it does have the band's distinctive sound. But I don't feel that is a bad thing.

So, in short, if you are already a Killers fan, I'd say buy this album. If you love 80s rock, go for it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Arthur (Blu-ray + DVD) [2011] [Region Free]
Arthur (Blu-ray + DVD) [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Russell Brand
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best That Russell Could Do., 22 Mar. 2013
I loved the original Arthur and it's sequel starring Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli and expected to not love this, but had some gift vouchers and thought I'd take a punt. Worthwhile, indeed it was. Russell Brand plays the lead, whose vaneer of childlike innocence and sense of fun attempts to play down the seriousness of his problems with addiction which are a reponse to personal sadness (actually now wondering if Mr Brand is actually playing himself). Whether Brand is being himself or not, it is still an enjoyable movie. All the cast do a good job, although I was a bit surprised that Jennifer Garner was 'the Susan woman' rather than Niomi (the bigger character). Also something happens with Hobson that does not happen in the original, but if you want to know what that is, you'll have to watch the film!

This is a lovely film, probably not quite as good as the original in my eyes but pretty blooming good. Give it a try.
By the way, I ordered this in February 2013, and when I checked the digital copy had expired.

The First Time
The First Time
by Cher

5.0 out of 5 stars An insight, 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The First Time (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading Cher's autobiography very much. She is an interesting figure whose career has spanned from the 60s to the mid-noughties (I saw her farewell concert and it rocked, but the question is, will she be back?).

The book is very honest about most things, although her apparent plastic surgeries are not gone into, but fair enough. Overall, worth what it cost.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15