Profile for BillyBob > Reviews

BillyBob

Intex Pillow Rest Mid-Rise Airbed - Single, Blue, with built-in electric pump
Intex Pillow Rest Mid-Rise Airbed - Single, Blue, with built-in electric pump

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality & Sooooo Easy To Set Up, 22 July 2013
Gives 'Plug & Play' a whole new meaning....well not quite the play bit!

So easy to use - you simply plug it in, flick the switch and it inflates in minutes.

It's nice and firm, quite high off the ground but not too big that you would worry about a child rolling off.

To deflate in moments, plug it in, flick the switch and turn the knob the other way. Two minutes later, you've got it folded up in it's own bag ready to go back up in the loft.

Perfect!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but my daughter loves it!, 22 July 2013
Her Granny bought it for her birthday and I personally thought it was expensive for what you get.

However, Birthday Girl loves it and that's what's most important.

Surprisingly bright light whatever colour you choose and shows up well even if the room isn't pitch black as well as being cuddly

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars What you'd expect really, 22 July 2013
Exactly what you would expect birthday party invitations to do. Good quality, look good and enough space for writing. Great!

Chill Factor Squeeze Cup Slushy Maker (colours may vary)
Chill Factor Squeeze Cup Slushy Maker (colours may vary)
Offered by Dealberry.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Best Marketing For The Worst Product!, 22 July 2013
My 4 year old daughter was totally taken in by the marketing and wanted one for her birthday present.

We were quite happy to get her one because on the face of it, it seemed quite a good idea.

How wrong could we be! This has to be the biggest pain up the arse product 2013!!

You have to freeze the cup AND its lining before you use it and you must freeze it standing upright. For some reason if you don't. it doesn't slush as well.

Secondly, the drink that you put into must be chilled. The colder, almost frozen the better. Again, if it's a room temperature, it doesn't work.

So unless you have a super duper fast freezing freezer, bank on one drink a day!

And even when we have got a totally frozen cup and an very chilled drink, we have never managed to get it like the photo and the adverts.

Hasten to add, we will not be buying one for our son!

Stellar BL25 Steak Knives, Silver, Set of 6
Stellar BL25 Steak Knives, Silver, Set of 6
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what they should do - but with style!, 19 April 2013
These are stunning steak knives that are pleasing to the eye, comfortable to hold and most importantly, cut through large steaks like a hot knife through butter. Perfect!

7" inch Ultra thin SANEI n77 fashion 3D allwinner a13 cpu 8GB HDD Android 4.0.4 (Latest Ice Cream Sandwich) PC capacitive multi - touch 5 point screen 1.2 GHZ OTG WIFI 3G Tablet PC Supports Flash 11 by LélikTec (Power Adaptor NOT INCLUDED)

2.0 out of 5 stars OK Until It Froze & Died!, 19 April 2013
We bought this for our 3 year old daughter for Christmas 2012 and therefore didn't want to spend too much money in case she dropped it in her cereal/drink etc.

The tablet looks good and feels good quality.

It takes forever to start once you turn it on. I timed it once - it took for the time it took to boil a kettle and make a cup of tea and it had only just opened the home screen.

Display quality isn't brilliant but as it was for my daughter and not me, I wasn't particularly fussed as she was happy.

Screen isn't very responsive either, but my daughter knew no different.

Then in March 2013, it began to freeze for no reason and we had to keep on turning it off and restarting it. Last week even that didn't work!

Amazon have returned the tablet and as it is out of the 30 day window, have refunded me in full - £89 which is what we paid in December.

It is currently on sale I believe on Amazon for £44.

That's an acceptable price for an item of this quality and potential reliability.

However if reliability and screen quality is important to you, I'd go for a branded make.

My son has an Arnova and that's had to be returned twice and for the inconvenience and time wasted, I wished we just bit the bullet and bought them some Samsungs!

Lonely are the Brave
Lonely are the Brave
Offered by streetsahead

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits The Right Notes - Presses The Right Buttons, 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Lonely are the Brave (Audio CD)
I had never heard of Maverick Sabre until I heard an advert on the TV for this album which played the track Let Me Go. This has been sampled on many TV programmes, trailers etc and I loved it and didn't have a clue who it was until today. I bought the album on the strength of that track alone and do not regret that decision for one moment.

Like Adele and Amy Winehouse, I like the fact that Maverick Sabre has a love and appreciation of a wide range of instruments - not just electronic or digital musings and that combined with thought provoking lyrics and heart touching tunes had me sat in my office chair bopping and doing my thang!

Totally stunning debut album - one of those albums that you absolutely MUST have in your record collection.

Maverick - you have just made an old 40 something bird very happy!

Peppa Pig: Fun and Games (Wii)
Peppa Pig: Fun and Games (Wii)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Disappointed!, 7 Dec. 2011
I bought this for my daughters birthday and also for my son who is five to also enjoy.

Overall, I think this is an awful product.

The ratio is 4:3 and does not change automatically when viewed on a 16:9 television or when changing the settings. Ok that's probably my gripe, but for something that was bought in 2011 and created in 2010 you would expect that this is something that should have been covered as standard.

The games are what you would expect espcially if you have the Peppa Pig DS game but what is frustrating for my daughter is that despite what another reviewer has stated, you do have to point an din some games quite precisely, in order to make something happen. You just can't 'stand and shake the remote'. In the car washing game, you have to click and hold the button in order to hold the sponge or the hose, yet in the same game you also have to press and let the button go in order to pop the bubbles.

Our main bug bear is that the door to exit the game is positioned so on the screen that if your child does 'point and shake' they are liable to exit the game when they didn't intend to. That's what keeps happening with my daughter which ends with her....and me...throwing ourselves on the floor out of frustration.

A real let down for my children and me!