Profile for Bookworm > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Blue Ice Landing
Blue Ice Landing

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Different but Very Good, 29 May 2017
This review is from: Blue Ice Landing (Kindle Edition)
I have read all KA Moll's books and you learn a lot from each of them.

This book centres around 2 characters who, Coy and Coby, both not looking for love but sparks fly. What else can happen on an observation platform in Antartica!!

As with all her book's you will meet many characters especially Pedro, the chef, who has taught me a lot about low fat cooking.

This book may be set in a cold climate but it warmed my heart.

Bullets and Blackmail
Bullets and Blackmail

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpeace, 6 May 2017
When people say a book grabs you from the first page. This book is far far better it grabs you from the first sentence and keeps you hanging on each word until the book sadly comes to an end.

I have been following Mish since "Melting the Ice Queen." So you could say I have been there from the beginning. This book is different and i find that it reminds me of her first book with a dark undercurrent. I am not going to give you any spoilers but just say that if you needed someone to look after your problems you would want Joey McLain in your corner. Both characters Emma Jones and Joey have their own secrets and have their own ways of hiding them.

This is a book that has many twists and turns and will keep you reading until the early hours of the morning.

Never Come to Rest
Never Come to Rest

5.0 out of 5 stars A Glimpse of History through a Women's Eyes, 6 May 2017
This is a brilliant book that covers both a true historical event, votes for women and the gap between classes just before the Great War. Not only that we also have the background of society wanting to keep the status quo.

This is a masterful peace of work and has been very well researched.

Lost In The Starlight
Lost In The Starlight

5.0 out of 5 stars A Star Has Risen, 18 Sept. 2016
What can I say that has already been said.

You will not be disappointed with this Laugh Out Loud story that follows the loves and lives of Honey, Meg and the gang. With the very dry humor and the only person who can describe character traits which I would surely struggle with.

So if you need a book that will make you feel happy and doesn't break the bank this is the one for you.

The memory that this book leaves me with is to stay away from Curry and Eggs!!!

Hero
Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly moving story, 18 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Hero (Kindle Edition)
I was amazed when I read this book by Ronni Meyrick. It is not just a book about two wonderful women, Jackie and Carrie, but this is a wonderful story about two families. Jackie's family at home and her work family of the British Army.

if you want a sweet romantic book, this is in parts, but if you really want to know how soldiers suffer after war this is the book for you in a British Soldiers eyes.

A Darker Kind Of Love
A Darker Kind Of Love

5.0 out of 5 stars This Another Success from the Mistress of Suspense, 28 Jun. 2016
Angela has been quiet on the book front of late but when she does release a book you know it is going to be really special.

This is a story about Hanna, her ex Mel and her future love Sophie. Only trouble Mel doesn't want to let go. This is a story with a lot of humor in it and I felt as though I could her Angela's voice talking to me through the pages. Not only does she get you to laugh with her own unique brand of humor, she then switches tempo and you suddenly are taking a sharp intake of breath and wonder what is going to happen next. I would way it is a Hitchcock story with a good slice of love.

So if you haven't read any of Ms Peach's books before start with this. You will not be disappointed.

Poppy Jenkins
Poppy Jenkins

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Lovely Summer read with Hidden Gems., 27 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Poppy Jenkins (Kindle Edition)
This is such a nice story. You are grabbed from the first page. This book is set in a small Welsh village and is seen through the eyes of Holly Jenkins. As with all Clare's books the characters are so believable and you are taken through these peoples live's. This could be in any British village that you would recognise. I love both the main protagonists Poppy and Rosalyn Thorn bring you through the ups and downs of their relationship and village life. My favorite character was Pip the sister you love but would some times would just disappear.

You can see that the author truly loves Wales and this is shown in how lovely this story is and it makes you think.

Locked Inside
Locked Inside

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational Book, 5 May 2016
This review is from: Locked Inside (Kindle Edition)
This book has totally blown me away. Annette Mori has managed to build a story through the eyes and body of a young woman, Belinda, who wakes up from a six year coma to find out that she can see things but is can not communicate. Without the help of Carly this inspirational woman would not be able to move on.

This is a love story that takes you through the emotional roller coaster of true love. How these 2 woman fight against all the obstacles that are put in their way. All the characters are well-rounder and with the support of family and friends we are taken on a journey on how disabled people are treated and without the accepting assistance from other people you wouldn't be able to move on. I also loved Quinn who everyone needs to have in your corner. Always there to support you in times of trouble.

This book also proves that if you are of any disability, whether in a wheelchair or not, you have a brain and that just because you can not communicate verbally that you still have a brain and can give your part to the community. This book has opened my eyes to treat all disabled people as equals. This is from some one who is registered blind and had to work very hard to get through college.

All I Want For Valentine's (I Want Series Book 2)
All I Want For Valentine's (I Want Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars All I Want is More., 6 Mar. 2016
We all breath a sigh of relief as we welcome the return of Tori and Holly. This lovable couple who hooked up at Christmas continue their budding romance.

With the dry wit and humor that Clare sprinkles throughout her books this gives you a short rest bite from the world around you and a time to smile at this ongoing story. Can't wait for the next instalment.

Thought I Knew the Plan
Thought I Knew the Plan

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Judge A Book Just Read, 6 Mar. 2016
This is a fantastic bio. Being a sufferer I can fully agree with Mandy and her ups and downs in life. Not only with her family but with other people.

This is a must for anyone who wants to read a book through the authors eyes this is the one for you.
I will certainly be reading further books by this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16