Profile for Jim Martin > Reviews

A Whole New World
A Whole New World
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars This album makes you think, 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
Initially I bought this album with low expectations, but maybe I was wrong, in the past I've been guilty (and who hasn't) of poking fun at the 'Charles and Diana' of pop, criticising her apocalyptically irritating personality and his complete lack of one. But listening to this album made me think, and I like an album that makes me think.

Before i was an axe wielding, shotgun pumping masculine lumberjack, but now I find myself questioning that, I find myself sniffing scented candles and sinking into my scatter cushions.
I used to irrationally hate cyclists, environmentalists and vegetarians, but just the other weekend I cycled to my local gastro pub, ordered steak and chips, without the steak, or chips and just ate the side salad. I've also been contemplating owning a beard and buying a cagool.
I would quite often walk past my female work colleagues pinching their bums and winking while making suggestive hand gestures, but no more. Nowadays I communicate with them, and not just talk either, I actually listen.
Since buying this album my life has definitely improved, I've sold my old ford Capri, moved all the car parts out of my kitchen and my wife has moved back in.
I'm certainly a better person as a result of this album. And you will be to.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Xbox 360)
Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

2.0 out of 5 stars Wide of the mark, 2 Nov. 2011
I bought this game looking for a 'free driving' game, and imo this is a big dissapointment, The storyline as mentioned before is really rubbish, But as long as the drivings good...... Well Personally I think the driving is a let down, For a game thats had so little focus on the story you would expect the driving element to be top class, But it just isn't, It's like the racing games of old on the N64 where it was like steering a Brick round a track. The graphics arent great either. I know there different game styles but this is NO match for Forza

Silverline 371760 Short-Handled Tar Brush
Silverline 371760 Short-Handled Tar Brush

2.0 out of 5 stars Just about did a job, 29 Jan. 2011
Bought this brush for a bit of a roofing job at my grans, However before i got there the brush came apart from the main handle, But with it only being cheap i just got on with it. The bristles pull out easily and you don't really get an even coverage.

Party Bus Poster Wrap
Party Bus Poster Wrap

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Great Service, 29 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Party Bus Poster Wrap
I ordered this product on a Monday, Normal Delivery and by tuesday it was here, Well packaged and good service.

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy [DVD]
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Chancellor
Offered by The Happy Zombie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD, Not as Good as The Book, 29 Jan. 2011
I purchased this DVD after reading and enjoying the book, And although the DVD is good and has a few laughs, its not as good as the book.

Ronnie
Ronnie

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read about a great guy., 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Ronnie (Kindle Edition)
A good book about Ronnie Drew's life and times, a very honest read, At times it can be a bit slow but it's got a good mix of Humour and sadness etc. However there are alot of spelling mistakes and words without spaces, Which is a real letdown.

Mens Black Mitre Astro Turf Football Trainers - Black/White - UK SIZE 9
Mens Black Mitre Astro Turf Football Trainers - Black/White - UK SIZE 9

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 18 Oct. 2010
I bought these trainers when we started playing football for work on Astro Turf, They are a decent trainer and feel comfortable, However i only play once a week, If you play regularly then there are better options out there.

Making Fine Chocolates: Flavour-infused Chocolates, Truffles and Confections
Making Fine Chocolates: Flavour-infused Chocolates, Truffles and Confections
by Andrew Garrison Shotts

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product, 18 Oct. 2010
I bought this book as a beginner to chocolate making but as someone who is fairly good in the kitchen. I opened it and some of the recipes looked brilliant, and the instructions were also good and clear, and helped by illustrations, However It is an American Book and has alot of American names for things, Such as 'Heavy Cream' which is not a problem if you can relate these to English names,

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Oct. 2010
I must say i have debated about buying a kindle for a long time, Wondering if it was just another average gadget to have cluttering the house. But it's great, I bought the 3G one which makes downloading books really quick, you don't have to go through your pc. I was shocked at how light, thin and quiet the Kindle is. It's great for reading too, I know sitting at Computers and handheld gamers can irritate the eyes and cause headaches but this doesn't, It's screen is great and books can be downloaded in minutes. You don't need to be a techno wizard either, everything is really simple to use and simple instructions (Not that the Kindle needs any setting up really) Long battery life and really compact making it ideal for on the train and travelling etc. Only slight issue is the 'read to me' feature where you can have certain books read to you, The voices are both shocking and is definately in need of a rethink. Other than that brilliant product.

Draper 7Pc Vde Screwdriver Set-Boxed
Draper 7Pc Vde Screwdriver Set-Boxed

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great sizes, 20 May 2010
I bought these as an electrician looking for some fairly cheap drivers, They are tough and fairly comfortable to use, However they have no 'Terminal' (4mm) driver as such and there are no Philips drivers just PZ's These are OK for the Odd Jobber but if you are a professional there are definitely better out there. Such as WERA.

Page: 1 | 2