Profile for AliJR > Reviews

Content by AliJR

AliJR (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Until Trevor (Until Series Book 2)
Until Trevor (Until Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Until Trevor, 22 Dec. 2013
Wow I really love these Mayson brothers! They are all hot, protective, alpha males. I love this series because there are no cliff hanger endings but each book gently leads you onto the next characters book. I liked that the story was fast paced but with enough drama in it to keep me interested. I did feel like there wasn't as much drama as there was in 'Until November' but it was enough. I also like the dual point of view, which I think is important in every story.

Aurora has shown that she knows how to write alpha males, but I also like that the females are strong characters.
This book set up 'Until Lilly' perfectly. I literally want to read that book now!! I hope the wait isn't long.

You wont regret reading this series.

Hard As It Gets: A Hard Ink Novel
Hard As It Gets: A Hard Ink Novel
by Laura Kaye
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard as it Gets, 22 Dec. 2013
4.5 stars
I've really started to love books which involve a bit of action/suspense in them. What I loved about this story was that I had no idea what was going to happen. Quite often you can guess the outcome but with this I felt just as lost as Becca, which is nice because you get to really understand her point of view.
Its a duel point of view which I usually prefer because there is two sides to every story! :)

The suspense in this book was also unreal! There is a scene fairly near the beginning in which I genuinely felt freaked out. The sort of freaked out that you might feel when watching a tv programme and you know something is going to happen and they start playing creepy music to build up to it! Obviously Laura couldnt play creepy music or turn all the lights out in her book but she still managed to create that tension and suspense and it was then that I knew this would be a really good book!

I also like the fact that she has left it so that there is much more story to be continued but didnt leave us on a cliffhanger. Looking forward to the next book!

Castle Hill (On Dublin Street)
Castle Hill (On Dublin Street)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant novella!, 4 Dec. 2013
Where do I start!? I absolutely LOVED On Dublin Street and so when I found out that Samantha had decided to write a novella I was pretty excited!

This book was only 83 pages and quite fast paced, some people won't like that but I love fast paced books. It jumped from one thing to another but I think it was done really well and allowed the reader to see different aspects of their lives and it all linked together.

Then when the main situation occurred it slowed down, allowing us to really feel the impact of the situation on Braden and Joss. Even though this book was short I felt that the author still managed to send us on a complete journey. I felt the emotions that Joss went through from start to finish.

I love Braden, who doesn't?! He's hot, sexy and has some alpha male tendencies! In actual fact, for some time now, I've thought that he would be perfectly suited to me!! ;)
But I also really love Joss. I feel like I can relate to her character. While she has problems which make her seem quite weak and fragile, I actually think that she is one of the strongest females characters that I know.

So if you havent read this book yet, you need to. You will not be disappointed in revisiting Braden and Joss. Thank you Samantha for giving us this extra bit to their story.

Until November (Until Series Book 1)
Until November (Until Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Alpha Male, 16 Nov. 2013
Firstly I judged this book by its cover and I was not disappointed!! I love a hot alpha male.

I have read books where the alpha male can come across as over- powering and controlling and that can be frustrating as a reader. At first I thought Asher was going to be like that but I was completely wrong. I found him caring and protective and I loved the light hearted banter between him and November, which really helped to make their relationship even more believable. She suffered some horrible verbal abuse in the past but she came across as a strong, independant girl who just needed some confidence.
I liked that it wasn't just a fluffy romance because there was that sense of threat and danger lurking in the background - but it wasn't over done!

I will certainly be reading more from this author - I can't wait for 'Until Trevor'.

Simple Perfection
Simple Perfection

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Simple Perfection (Kindle Edition)
I love Abbi Glines- her books never fail to impress. I love how easy to read they are. I love the dual narrative and in this book I love Woods! Theres not much I can say other than this is a FANTASTIC follow up to Twisted Perfection.
Another delve into Rosemary and all our favourite characters!

Lick: Stage Dive 1
Lick: Stage Dive 1
by Kylie Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 7 July 2013
This review is from: Lick: Stage Dive 1 (Paperback)
I loved this book. I couldnt put it down.
I'm sure you have read many books with rockstars as the lead, we love them but they can be a bit 'same old'.
I think that Lick's storyline makes it stand out from the rest because its different. Its almost a bit back to front and this works really well because your not sure what is going to happen next.

David Ferris will have you swooning and I think you might just be adding him to your favourite rockstar book character list!
A must read! This book wraps up in one but the author is writing books for other members of the band and I can not wait!
The book is in one point of view and there were times when I actually wanted to know what David was thinking so I hope Kylie Scott decides to write some scenes in his point of view in the future.

Trading Paint: Racing on the Edge: Volume 3
Trading Paint: Racing on the Edge: Volume 3
by Shey Stahl

5.0 out of 5 stars More of a prequel!, 28 Jun. 2013
This story is almost a prequel to Happy Hour. It's in Jameson's point of view and it flashes back to when he and Sway were children and tells the story of them growing up together. There's alot more about cars in this story and so I found it a bit slow BUT if you are a fan of the series you must read because it really shows how Jameson feels about Sway and how long he has loved her. Once I'd read it I wanted to start the whole series again. I really understood and appreciated the connection that these two main characters have. Their love came across as strong and real in the previous book but I really came to understand Jameson's point of view in this book and the reasoning's behind his decisions.

The Legend: Volume 5 (Racing on the Edge)
The Legend: Volume 5 (Racing on the Edge)
by Shey Stahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome awesome awesome!, 28 Jun. 2013
This has to be my all time favourite series! I absolutely LOVE Jameson! I am from the UK and my sporting knowledge doesnt really exist, nor do I have that much interest in NASCAR but Stahl manages to not only create some interest but also educate me! The series is so good because of the relationship between Jameson and Sway and their families and therefore you dont need any interest in car racing at all.
Their relationship feels so REAL. They feel like such real characters. Maybe that sounds strange to say but it wasnt the predictable, fairytale romance that so many books have (I love those books too). But their love felt so much stronger and so much more realistic because they had everyday issues, they had ups and downs and they pulled through each time. Their connection really came across. Not only between Sway and Jameson though but between all the other characters - there is such a family unit and I loved that.
Stahl is one of those writers who has me crying one minute and literally laughing out loud the next! So glad to have been a part of the 'Racing on the Edge' journey, I have loved EVERY second! Highly recommend if you are looking for something unlike anything you have read before. Jameson is a hot alpha male if that helps!! You need to read this series!

Leo
Leo

4.0 out of 5 stars Must read!, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Leo (Kindle Edition)
I went into this book not trusting Jake - because he wasnt Leo! Don't worry this is one of those annoying angsty love triangles. BUT Jake is now on my favourites list! ;) There were some unexpected twists which could be seen as slightly unrealistic but the author does a brilliant job of making it believeable. I think you really want to meet Jake!

Leo's Chance
Leo's Chance

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Leo's Chance (Kindle Edition)
I actually prefered this story to the first book! I think because as the reader you dont trust Jake initially in the first book but in this you really get to appreciate his love for Evie and start to understand the life they have had to live. Its an emotional rollercoaster but it makes Evie and Jake that much stronger. A really beautiful journey.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8