Profile for Nick Butler > Reviews

Trabo Fish Steamer, Transparent
Trabo Fish Steamer, Transparent
Offered by Brands Warehouse Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 6 April 2017
Fantastic. Very durable and cheap for what it is. Very highly recommended

The Soul of a New Self: Embracing the Future of Being Human: Volume 2 (Philosophy Is Not A Luxury Book Series)
by Jeff Carreira

5.0 out of 5 stars Is reality becoming ever mor elegant?, 6 April 2017
Is reality becomes ever more simple and ingenious? As usual Jeff gives us simple ideas that you have never thought of before and then provokes you to bring about a life changing paradigm from deep thought about his teaching. What is the soul of the new self? You have to fascinate your self through roughly two hundred pages before you are given the answer in black and white terms so the book builds nicely to a crescendo.
I like his idea of the romantic spirit that there is always more truth out there that we have never thought about. I like his idea that reality = experience e.g. that chair is not a chair but an experience of being a chair; in the same way you are an experience of being a separate self. As I said a very thought provoking and exciting self help book for all lovers of wisdom,

The Advance of Love: Reading the Bible with an Evolutionary Heart
The Advance of Love: Reading the Bible with an Evolutionary Heart
by Bruce G. Sanguin

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you THINK and THINK again., 14 Feb. 2017
Makes you THINK and THINK again
I love the title of this book, The Advance of Love! All you need is an evolutionary lens and an interest in the bible to really enjoy it. Ongoing revelation, interpreting the bible in a metaphoric way and taking the bible seriously but not literally are very liberating ideas to me.
Assuming radical responsibility for the advancement of love, empathy and creativity in our own lives are just what humanity needs to hear right now.
The incredible thing about this book is that it really makes you THINK, the nuances, the subtleties, the perspectives the context are so exciting intellectually. The contents well worth pondering in quiet moments.
Easily the best self help book I have ever read if you could call it that. No wonder I have read it five times already. There is something about this guy's way of thinking that really resonates with me. Most ingenious to me. Just 5% of this book, I think to myself I don't agree with you Bruce on that one but the rest 95% is brilliant. A genius of our time who make complex ideas so SIMPLE to understand

A God That Could be Real: Spirituality, Science, and the Future of Our Planet
A God That Could be Real: Spirituality, Science, and the Future of Our Planet
by Nancy Ellen Abrams

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed her talk with Joanna Harcourt-Smith on future primitive, 14 Aug. 2016
The title is very enticing. Nancy has a very engaging type personality. I really enjoyed her talk with Joanna Harcourt-Smith on future primitive. The problem with the book is that if you are a Christian much of what she says goes against the grain .When I think of the cosmic self I have immense gratitude which Nancy helps me to appreciate. She uses some colourful phrases such as "milk life for it is worth" She like me loves the idea of emergence but her explanations of it are too convoluted for me but if you want a 2016 ultra modern view of God this is it.. An open mind is required. I wish the book success.

The Way of the Wind: The Path and Practice of Evolutionary Christian Mysticism
The Way of the Wind: The Path and Practice of Evolutionary Christian Mysticism

5.0 out of 5 stars Evolutionary mysticism at its best!, 19 Feb. 2016
Bruce is an intellectual heavyweight but he is great at making his ideas easily understandable to the person in the street. I like the way he interprets the New Testament in a modern scientific way. I like the way he implies we are here for the perfection and evolution of love. I like the idea of wholeness animating the universe. Many of his ideas are game changers. Thanks Bruce.

The Unbearable Wholeness of Being: God, Evolution, and the Power of Love
The Unbearable Wholeness of Being: God, Evolution, and the Power of Love
by OSF Ilia Delio

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit wordy, 21 May 2015
30% of this book very good especially the section on quantum wholeness so you could risk buying it for the sake of the 30%. But I found 70% too complex for me to get much benefit from.

The Search for Spirituality: Our Global Quest for a Spiritual Life
The Search for Spirituality: Our Global Quest for a Spiritual Life
by Ursula King

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable and enjoyable, 18 May 2015
Very readable with only average intelligence needed. A prior enthusiasm to learn about all the religions and pseudo-religions of the world is needed to get the full benefit of the book. Ursula rises the flag for the females - good for her. Good resource information in the notes at the end.

If Darwin Prayed
If Darwin Prayed

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes poetry come alive!, 26 April 2015
This review is from: If Darwin Prayed (Kindle Edition)
The nuances of poetry are something I find difficult but Bruce makes poetry come alive so this book requires many reads and much pondering. Much depth and subtlety in this great book.

Tails I Lose: The Compulsive Gambler Who Lost His Shirt for Good
Tails I Lose: The Compulsive Gambler Who Lost His Shirt for Good
by Justyn Rees Larcombe

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing true story, 30 July 2014
Fascinating story of an adrenalin junkie. A very confident Mr fix-it tried to fix one thing too many. A very engrossing and well written true story. I highly recommend it.

Undercover Marriage (Love Inspired Suspense)
Undercover Marriage (Love Inspired Suspense)
by Terri Reed
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting read, 14 July 2014
Okay this is pure escapism but it is still an exciting read. Well written in fact I rate Terri Reed highly as a suspense writer and this story is particularly emotive

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5