Profile for BeatlesFan69 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
El Camino
El Camino

1.0 out of 5 stars Good music let down by lousy mastering, 28 April 2013
This review is from: El Camino (Audio CD)
The music I would rate at 4 stars, but the CD only gets 1 star due to the truly lousy mastering of this disc. Who mastered this? It's absolutely horrible, brick-walled beyond belief and that has killed any dynamic range that would have existed in the original studio recording. What a shame. I wish contemporary mastering engineers would STOP doing this. It's totally killing music. The CD itself is packed full of great tunes, but the sound is totally ruined by the brick-walled mastering that dominates most of the tracks. The loudness wars have gotten ridiculous. I have to roll the bass off on my amp completely in order to make this CD even vaguely listenable. I hope whoever mastered this CD is reading this. I'm off to listen to some CDs mastered by Steve Hoffman, someone who knows how to master a CD properly without killing the music.

ebase - Portable Rechargeable Mini Speaker
ebase - Portable Rechargeable Mini Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel companion!, 17 Dec. 2011
Whilst searching around for a good quality, small speaker product to use with my iPhone whilst travelling on business and staying in hotel rooms, I came across the EBASE portable speaker. I bought the product based on the favourable reviews I had read and was very pleased when I received the EBASE and tested it out. It was the perfect solution to the problem of it not always being practical to take my Altec Lansing docking station with me on my travels. The EBASE form factor is extremely convenient - so much so that I only take the EBASE now when travelling as it fits in my jacket pocket and doesn't have the bulk of the Altec Lansing system. You do have to watch the volume control but as long as you don't turn the EBASE up to maximum (and/or your MP3 player, iPod, etc) you will get a good sound that's far superior to the poor quality built-in speakers on portable music players and mobile phones. I would highly recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7