Profile for Radiojock > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights

5.0 out of 5 stars Song sensation, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Wuthering Heights (MP3 Download)
Of course you have to have a copy of this song in your record collection. Of course you do! :D

journey to addis
journey to addis

5.0 out of 5 stars Utter bliss, 23 April 2015
This review is from: journey to addis (Audio CD)
I am so in love with the sound of this. It's the kind of album any jock would want to take on the road to tour with, it's THAT good.

Wasn't familiar with Cold Sweat as a studio version, so truly enjoyed getting to know it in its original format. Plus, Now That We've Found Love is absolutely splendid as a full length recording. The edit is about half of what the full track length turns out to be.

Title track? Awesome. As is Cool Meditation, a song I wished I'd had with me on many a gig. You cannot help but drum along with this as it plays through. Oh, but these guys know how to play, and how to fill our spirits with good stuff. Love the music. Really, really do.

Jin-Go-Lo-Ba
Jin-Go-Lo-Ba

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally unique, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Jin-Go-Lo-Ba (Audio CD)
Wanted the Jingoloba track. It's not the edited studio version on here, but goes on for 14:30 and is a completely different, exciting cut.

In the 70s, my Dad gave me Santana's Abraxas album. Loved that. Love this just as much.

Ironic
Ironic

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of radio, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Ironic (MP3 Download)
Love this song. Will probs end up getting the rest of the album :)

In The Court Of The Crimson King [Original Master Edition]
In The Court Of The Crimson King [Original Master Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 23 April 2015
Finally got around to playing this. The cover art is so intriguing that I had to know what the music sounded like.

Growing up in the 60s, I'd obviously heard of King Crimson, but was far too young to appreciate what I might have heard all those years ago. A few centuries later (lol), here I am, very much liking the production.

The genre is entered in as rock, but the subtle sounds are, to me, anything but. Really good music. There's even a flute playing on Track 2. Really appreciate a good album. I expected loud, almost angry sounds after seeing that cover picture. Don't be put off by that. It's one of the most gentle albums, from what I've heard so far, that I have in my collection.

I'm In Love
I'm In Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky, 23 April 2015
This review is from: I'm In Love (Audio CD)
Would have loved to have a version of Shame and Love Come Down on here. Two beautiful songs, which, thank goodness, I do have on other albums!

Still, I'm enjoying this album. Songs I've never heard before have been well produced.

Worthy addition to my booming record collection :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., 23 April 2015
This review is from: If I Could (MP3 Download)
Interesting version, this. I'd heard the song on a film and looked for the version I'd heard. Couldn't find it, so chose three others I found on here, of which, this is one of them.

She sings rather flat on the recording, but it's a good listen, all the same.

Idlewild South
Idlewild South

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice listening, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Idlewild South (Audio CD)
According to the stats in front of me, this is an album released n 1970. That was a bit of time ago, aye?!

Starts off sounding like 60s hippy music, which I instantly loved. The rest of the album is great, too. Shocked to find the Allman's did a version of Midnight Rider before Paul Davidson got his vocals recorded. Actually, this song is an Allman Brothers original.

Love the album. Glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song, 22 April 2015
This review is from: If I Could (MP3 Download)
Played this in full last night. It's a beautiful song. Not the version I heard on a film I was watching recently, but Barbara carries the lyrics and tune very well. She's always been a wonderful singer.

Best Pub Jukebox in the World...Ever!
Best Pub Jukebox in the World...Ever!
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the title, and the music, 22 April 2015
When I read the tracklist for this, I didn't realise that the final song on disc 2 actually holds parts 1 & 2 of American Pie.

How awesome is THAT! You normally only get the part 1 edit, so that alone makes this album worthy addition to my collection. Naturally, I've probably got most of these songs on other compilations, but with a few that I haven't got anywhere, like Bran Van 3000; Chumbawamba and so on, I just had to grab the album. No contest, really, especially with such a fun title, too :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20