Profile for dancer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Hate U Give: The Book Everyone's Talking About
The Hate U Give: The Book Everyone's Talking About

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book, 6 May 2017
I read this book from start to finish in a day. I highly recommend it to teenagers although maybe it is the older generation who need to read it.

The Red Notebook
The Red Notebook

4.0 out of 5 stars Great short story, 1 May 2017
This review is from: The Red Notebook (Kindle Edition)
Our book group had done a couple of heavy reads. This was a lovely contrast. Charmingly French characters. A romantic interlude which can be read in an afternoon.

Villa America
Villa America

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating story, 7 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Villa America (Kindle Edition)
I loved reading this amazing story. Such a good book on many levels. I will be reading more about the Murphy's and their talented group of friends.

The House at the Edge of the World
The House at the Edge of the World

5.0 out of 5 stars The opening sentences were excellent. Short statements that had you wanting to read ..., 18 Oct. 2016
A page turner. The opening sentences were excellent . Short statements that had you wanting to read more straight away.

The Slap
The Slap

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 18 Oct. 2016
This review is from: The Slap (Kindle Edition)
I really did not enjoy this book

RM-Series Replacement Remote Control for JVC RC1895
RM-Series Replacement Remote Control for JVC RC1895
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement TV remote, 18 Oct. 2016
Delivered on time. It works perfectly.

After the Fire, A Still Small Voice
After the Fire, A Still Small Voice

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 12 Sept. 2016
A really lovely page turner. Beautifully descriptive writing brings you right into the scenery and the characters are so clearly drawn I felt I knew who was who straight away.

Academy Street
Academy Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Academy street, 4 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Academy Street (Kindle Edition)
A most powerful story, beautifully written. I needed just to sit still in my own presence , for quite a while , when I finished reading the book.

My Brilliant Friend (Neapolitan)
My Brilliant Friend (Neapolitan)

5.0 out of 5 stars A snapshot of life in Naples, 4 Jan. 2016
I enjoyed reading this story, it's a slow moving glimpse of the lives of young people growing up in post war Naples. The friendship between two girls . I found the whole story thoroughly believable. What I was unsure about was the translation. Was it intended to be so poor? Was the translator attempting to translate in such a way in order to attempt to enrich an Italian feel when reading in English? If so , for me, it did not work , I would be interested to know what the author wanted from the translation.

Lime Street at Two
Lime Street at Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling reading., 25 April 2015
Having finished the first book in the series I just read on until I had read all four books. A heart breaking picture in words of life in Liverpool pre and during the Second World War. A family who struggle endlessly to survive in miserable circumstances. Parents who are so deep in their own misery they unable to function in their parental roles. The pages just flip by. The characters are very vivid. Excellent reading .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3