Profile for Steve > Reviews

Content by Steve

Steve

Sleep Headphones - With Velcro Adjustable Headband- COZY Comfortable Soft Headphones for Sleeping - Perfect for Air Travel, Sports, Relaxation, Meditation and Relief from Insomnia (Black)
Offered by Firik EU Deals

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 20 Jun. 2016
There is never any feedback after reports of damaged goods received, Hence my pointless review!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2016 1:34 PM BST

Kindle Paperwhite User Guide: The Best Paperwhite Manual To Master Your Device
Kindle Paperwhite User Guide: The Best Paperwhite Manual To Master Your Device

1.0 out of 5 stars Help, No real user guide, 8 Nov. 2013
I bought a kindle paper white having enjoyed my own kindle with keyboard for several years. I wrongly assumed it would be easy to use. It came with no instructions and simply told you to switch on and the help menu would guide you. Wrong. The help guide doesn't tell you how to get back to the home page, when reading a book and if you try a sample book and buy the full copy, it tells you that you've already bought it. My wife read her sample, bought the book and it went straight to the last page and we had no idea how to get back to the beginning without scrolling back for ages. Also, with my 'old' kindle I would automatically connect to wifi and download anywhere including abroad. The paper white appears to need to piggyback my wifi. How would this work abroad with no hot spots. Gonna have to find some help online!!

Arena (Roman Arena)
Arena (Roman Arena)

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought this and realised it was a compilation of all the short stories. What a waste of my money., 19 Oct. 2013
I gave it this rating because I was disappointed to discover the book is a compilation of all the short stories I had purchased in the past. I thought the Amazon computer would have spotted this. Waste of my money!

The Scarlet Thief (Jack Lark Book 1)
The Scarlet Thief (Jack Lark Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars First read of this author, 19 Jun. 2013
I think it is a book that promises a lot. A very strong story line which could be the start of a series following the life of the fictional Jack Lark, who assumes the name and rank of his late former officer Arthur Sloames.

Sword and Scimitar
Sword and Scimitar

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Simon Scarrow, you'll like this., 13 Jan. 2013
Excellent book. Even though the history of the siege of Malta is written and you know the outcome, he still manages to vividly portray what it must have been like to live in those times. This is very much evident by the way he personalises it and you almost feel that you are living the life of the lead knight in the story. Lots of drama. Looking forward to his next book.

Arena: Challenger (Part Two of the Roman Arena Series)
Arena: Challenger (Part Two of the Roman Arena Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of book for your money, 13 Jan. 2013
I like Simon Scarrow as an author and have avidly read his books following the lives of Macro and Cato. As usual he projects what it must have been like to live there. I accept this is a short story and therefore only £2.00 to buy, however I'm not sure it's value for money, because there are no real twist and turns, just an inevitability about the outcome.

A4 and Lever Arch Large Black Rucksack Backpack Bag- Suitable Cabin, Flight School, College, Work, Holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars A4 and Lever Arch Large Black backpack, 17 Sept. 2012
Very good value for money. Hard wearing and many zip pockets. My only improvement would be to make the zips different colours, so you could remember which pocket is for which stored item!