Profile for PlutoPlanter > Reviews

3 Seater Sofa Protector Burgundy / Wine 68" x 70.5" Water Resistant Quilted
3 Seater Sofa Protector Burgundy / Wine 68" x 70.5" Water Resistant Quilted
Offered by Bedding Bank

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and good looking sofa protector, 25 Mar. 2017
I've only had this a week but with 7 dogs, and a wash, it's had a good testing.

I've got a large 3-seater sofa and it's the right size. I don't know about anyone else but I don't find reviews giving one stars for something that's clearly the wrong size particularly helpful, so wish they'd return and review the correct item.

I ordered a 3-seater cover and that's what I good - I did measure up before ordering!
The cover is a polyester microfibre - no pile, but a soft flat finish. After years of thinking fleece throws were the thing when you have dogs (they really aren't!) it's nice to have a cover that I can just take outside to shake the fluff off or hoover off, or even use a lint remover brush.
It does move a bit, but then this is a very well priced product and sold basically under the one size fits all label - we know one size doesn't fit all, so I think that has to be taken into account when ordering.
The measurement given is for the main panel of fabric covering the seat and back of the sofa - the arm flaps are not included.
Running along the base of the arms and the back is a flap of fabric to tuck down behind the cushions - to prevent some movement. It works a bit but the flaps are only 3" deep and really could do with being 6-9".
The back cover just goes over the back of my sofa so again there is movement - but again, a case of I can't expect perfection when I'm ordering a product designed to fit a number of sofas.

I'm a dab hand with a sewing machine - I will be adding on more fabric to the flaps to tuck down behind the cushions. This will make the cover more secure.
I have just ordered a chair cover in the same colour - the arms will be cut off to sew onto the arms of the 3-seater and the body piece will be used to extend the flap over the back of the sofa.

Why have I given 5 stars when I need to modify? Because I couldn't buy the fabric to make this myself for this price, and for the price I am impressed with what it is. It fits my sofa well and it does it's job.

Oh, the fabric is water repellant as found out spilling my early morning cuppa. Please though, don't get water repellant mixed up with waterproof - two very different things.

12V Portable Cooling Fan/LED/Radio - Up to 6 Hours Running Time on Integral Rechargeable Batteries

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for people travelling with dogs in a caged out vehicle., 22 Jan. 2017
I bought this to go in the back of my van which is caged out for dogs. As I don't have air con this was a great boost for long motorway journeys in the summer. I haven't tested how long the charge holds but certainly worked for a hot 5 hour drive.

This isn't a small item but it's powerful and portable. So for the home or a vehicle such as mine it's idea.

Cadorabo - Book Style Wallet Design for Samsung Galaxy S2 / S2 PLUS (I9100) with 2 Card Slots and Money Pouch - Etui Case Cover Protection in CANDY-APPLE-RED
Offered by cadorabo-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover for my Samsung S2, 22 Jan. 2017
Very nice quality, good leather. The slots are useful for either credit cards or business cards. The phone is held very securely, so secure I'm hoping I don't need to remove the battery in the near future! The magnetic clasp is strong and closes with a pleasing 'snap' :) The leather is good quality so after many months of folding the cover back on itself the leather has not split, it still remains supple. Would totally recommend.

Kärcher WV2 Premium Window Vac
Kärcher WV2 Premium Window Vac
Offered by Karcher Center Chemtec

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for removing condensation from single glazing, 22 Jan. 2017
Bought this purely to remove condensation from single glazed windows. I went for the Premium in order to get the smaller blade. It does a great job. No more squeegee and wiping down windows with towels. This is quick and efficient. Does a good job up picking up water of the window frames as well so no more black mould developing.

I can't comment on it's efficiency as a window cleaner ... who has time to clean windows? ;)

If like me you have single glazing then this will do a great job. Also very quick for removing cooking steam. Wanted one a few years ago but couldn't justify the £75 price tag it started out with.

Sungle 20 x Brushed Stainless Steel T Bar Handles Kitchen Cup Board Cabinet Door Knob (96 hole centres / 150mm long)
Offered by CARPEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price for a quality product, 9 Sept. 2016
I had been living with a 1980s B&Q Racing Green HIGHLY polished kitchen since the very late 80s. Hated it, but good kitchen units and great sizes. Lived with it :( Always wanted to paint, didn't dare in case a hideous mess! A snooty estate agent came round earlier in the summer and told me the first thing anyone would do would be to rip out my kitchen and valued my house appropriately :( Hackles raised, I set to and thought how I could make it look good to go in photographs without costing a fortune. Plus to make good to be liveable with.

I painted the Racing Green with a cool, calm cream ... how paint technology has come on since the late 80s. Racing Green with wood trim and wood handles transported to fairly modern, cream with wood trim and ... wood handles. Nah, didn't quite have the look I was after.

I needed 20 handles. Had a good look around all sorts of websites, looking at handles and reviews then came across these. 20 handles, with 96mm hole spacing for £13.59 AND excellent reviews? Bargain! Had to be got. Ordered Tuesday, despatched yesterday, arrived today. Fitted this evening :D

I cannot fault these handles. They may not be as heavy in terms of how many grams they weigh compared to some handles costing over £7 a piece (I looked at a lot of those :O ), but they're sitting on a cupboard door, how heavy do they need to be? They are metal, unlike some of the handles I've looked at and seen reviewed. The screws are of good quality (again, unlike some of the reviews I've read), and were exactly the right size for my cupboard doors.

Really very, VERY pleased. The handles have transformed my kitchen to the much more modern look I was after. Thank you seller for a great product :D I don't think I have every been so excited about cupboard handles before ;)

The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
by Zoe Harcombe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to a whole new way of eating, 4 Sept. 2016
Bought this as needed to get some weight off, also cut out a lot of the carbs I was eating.

It's not a diet, but a way of eating. Lost 4 stone 3 years ago in around 10 months. Very happy - still off and love this way of eating.

Chocolate Cake Cookie DIY Silicone Moulds Baking Mold 55 Coffee Bean Shaped
Chocolate Cake Cookie DIY Silicone Moulds Baking Mold 55 Coffee Bean Shaped
Offered by super junior

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bean size (1/4tsp) moulds, 4 Sept. 2016
Bought this for same reason as some of the other reviewers, to make tablets of Golden Paste. Perfect for the job - each 'bean' cavity holds 1.2ml or 1/4tsp.

Seen a lot of poor reviews for similar products from people who haven't actually read the descriptions - these are small moulds, not sure where the cake/cookie bit in the descriptions comes from, but definitely good for my use, for small chocolate beans (yum), small ice cubes, sweets, etc. Ordered 2 originally and am about to order some more :)

Rogz Denim Rose Beach Bum Collar
Rogz Denim Rose Beach Bum Collar

4.0 out of 5 stars Rogz doesn't unclip easily but can be chomped through very easily!, 22 July 2016
Despite just the 4 stars, I love this collar. Anything Rogz is good quality and you can't fault the designs they come up with.

I chose this collar for the clip, it's 'lockable'. With a dog and her two pups, the pups kept hanging off her previous collar and they managed to 'ping' it off whilst on a run. We spent many hours looking for Mum's collar. However, sadly the collar was easily chomped through. Not unexpectedly. I think if Rogz could go the way of Lupine and offer a lifetime guarantee (including being chewed through) then in my books this would gain the 5 stars I'd like to give it. Not a problem for most, but it was a problem for me.

Would I buy again? Yes, absolutely :D

Pawhut PVC Coated Welded Wire Mesh Fencing Chicken Poultry Aviary Fence Run Hutch Pet Rabbit 30m Dark Green

5.0 out of 5 stars PVC coated fencing - used to make a puppy pen, 22 July 2016
I've been really impressed with this product. I had a litter of puppies and needed to make an outside puppy pen. This has been perfect.

Whilst the wire is fine, that's not a problem for my medium breed dog. The gaps between the wire is far too small for them to get their mouths through, unlike most puppy pens on the market ... gaps big enough for pups to get jaws through and then stuck :(

I'd intended fixing this to wooden frames to make an interlinking series of moveable panels. As it is, I haven't had time and they've been cable tied to a number of electric fence posts (doesn't everyone have a stash of these lying around? ;) )

I would definitely recommend, certainly to anyone thinking of using it for the same purpose I have. The price was at least half the price I could have bought a similar sort of product for locally.

Delivery was quick and on time. Cannot fault.

Master Lock Aluminium combination lock box for keys - size XXL
Master Lock Aluminium combination lock box for keys - size XXL

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, sturdy key safe, 28 May 2016
A good, sturdy key safe. Easy to set numbers. Easy to use. This particular size copes well with the 5" long key it was needed for. At 15.99 an excellent price!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3