Profile for M. Lam > Reviews

M. Lam (UK)

Berghaus Freeflow 25L Backpack
Berghaus Freeflow 25L Backpack

4.0 out of 5 stars fantastic day sac, 29 Sept. 2011
I brought this bag mainly for the freeflow system to prevent a sweaty clammy back whilst hiking. I have used this bag on hot and cold rainy days. I have noticed my back doesnt get so clammy with the freeflow system which is exactly what i needed.
The bag has enough extra storage spaces for small items in its side and top zip pockets, but the main compartment is deceptively small due to the design of the freeflow system. I do not carry a lot of things with me, so make sure you can carry all the extra clothing you need.

The bag is quite heavy, and the design of the bag seems to put all the weight on the top of my shoulders. It feels top heavy even with all the heavy items at the bottom. The waist strap is disappointingly thin and of not much use.

This rucsac is ideal for a day hike due to its size and also comes with the rain cover.

I like using this bag, though I dont like how it feels on my shoulders as when i first started using it my shoulders would ache.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars tech wash on soft shell, 21 Sept. 2011
I tried washing my soft shell jacket with liquid soap flakes and reproofing with the TX direct wash in. This made the jacket wet out and absorb water like a sponge. I tried again just washing with Nikwax tech wash and my jacket came back to life, water beaded off like it was new.
I will wash my soft shell again with tech wash. Not sure if i will reproof again.

Samsung N210 10.1-inch Netbook (Intel Atom N450 1.66 GHz Processor, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 6 Cell Battery, up to 11.2 Hours, Webcam, Windows 7 Starter, White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic netbook, 25 Aug. 2010
I brought this to take with me on holidays, to surf the net and watch movies.
It is very light weight, and has a good battery life.I have had over 6 hours of use on full cpu power watching movies and surfing net. It has an old school type matt screen, which doesnt reflect in outdoor or bright light situations and that makes it more ideal for travelling.
I have upgraded mine to 2GB also, which makes a big improvement if you have sevaral applications running.
It is not lightning fast, you do have to wait for applications to load up and for general tasks, sometimes the function key is a bit slow to respond, ie changing volume and screen contrast. Dont expect to use this for cpu hungry programs like 3D CAD. I have read it will play 720p video but it stutters constantly on mine, i can play 420p avi files fine and youtube too but only on low quality setting. 420p movies look fine on this machine and i am more then happy with its performance watching those type of videos. The 250GB hard drive is plenty for my needs, would be better if it had a HDMI socket too.
It is very silent, and only really gets warm at the bottom. The power supply is quite small so is quite good for travelling.
I think the biggest selling point is that it has one of the longest battery life of all the netbooks on sale at the moment.

Highly recommended, but remember this is not a replacement for your desktop pc or laptop.

Michelin 12276 Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge
Michelin 12276 Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge
Offered by AoE Performance

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect tyre gauge., 4 Jan. 2010
Brought this due to the fact that it won the Autoexpress grouptest. Does what it says on the tin, i can't comment on accuracy but it seems consistent. Only problem I have with it is that sometimes it wont form a good seal between valve and gauge so air leaks and u dont get a good reading. Other than that its a good product.

Samsung Story Station 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Samsung Story Station 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great external drive, 7 Dec. 2009
I have a laptop and need an external drive to store my over flow of data.
This is a great drive and does exactly as is intended.
It transfers data at about 21Mb/s via the USb. Im not sure if this is slow or fast, but it does the job well enough.
Also has a on off switch which i find useful.
Only downside is that it does not have eSata connection, then transfers would be around 56Mb/s on my laptop. So if u are expecting to use it a lot then I would recommend you get a Esata drive, but at this price you cant knock it.
personally i think the drive looks good also.

Thumbs up from me.