Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Spitfire Girl: My Life in the Sky
Spitfire Girl: My Life in the Sky

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing woman, 23 Jan. 2015
Enjoyed this book.Good light reading story line with some interesting descriptive words (that you may or may not have to look up) thrown in. Jackie was clearly an amazing woman, ahead of her time. Without people like this, the outcome of the war may have been so different.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow, repetitive and full of excessive padding, 13 Aug. 2013
I read the first 3 Ben Hope books by Scott Mariani, just before picking up this one and considering they are very similar in genre, all three beat this drivel hands down. Never have I come across so much repetition in a book. It seriously detracts from the storyline. As does the excessive description of the locations. Very nice if you are going on holiday there but its fall asleep padding when you are craving action.

I'm not sure how I managed to get that far but I made a point of highlighting when the book first started to get interesting, and it wasn't until I was 53% of the way through. No wonder its taken me so long to get that far.

I paid a lot of money for this kindle book (when it first came out). I could have bought the next 3 books in the Scott Mariani Ben Hope series for the same amount and I wish I had.

Repetitive and full of padding, I'll hopefully get to the end soon.

The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope, Book 1)
The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning book, 13 April 2013
Why have I not discovered this author sooner? Like Dan Brown but better. Straight onto book 2 for me. Thank you Scott for a fantastic read.

Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)
Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and gripping short crime thriller, 20 April 2011
I really enjoyed this short crime thriller and I could imagine it as a 1 hour tv crime drama. Its easy to follow and the characters are cleverly and easily developed as the story progresses, without the need for pages of flowery description. The plot is pretty clever and keeps you guessing as the story unfolds. Towards the end the graphical description leaves you in no doubt of the impact of the trauma the victims would have gone through.

Silver (Ogmios Novels Book 1)
Silver (Ogmios Novels Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver turns to Gold, 20 April 2011
I really really enjoyed this book. As a relatively new reader my previous reading experience has been on the Dan Brown series, and other templar knight style stories of that breed by Kate Mosse, James Rollins and Raymond Khoury etc. This, I have to say is one of the best ones. Its nicely written, fast paced and detailed enough to allow you to get in touch with the characters. My one gripe would be that on occasions it veers off into the history books a little too much and seemed (to me anyway) to be needlessly filling between the action. That said I'm a bedtime reader so some of that may have been loss of concentration due to being tired. I loved the fact the hero's made mistakes and were, well human. Defiantly worth the 70p and what an ending....just have to wait for GOLD now. Well done Steven, a great novel.

Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3)
Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Series review, 20 April 2011
I enjoyed reading this series. Its easy to follow and whilst the characters could do with more depth and the plot needs a more mature style to bring it out, I could see it as a film trilogy for the teens. My only major gripe is that its definitely a trilogy. Books 1 and 2 have no end of their own at all. If you read one as a one off, I could see that you would be very disappointed, but at least this one has an ending, even if it was a little predictable.

Torn (Trylle Trilogy, Book 2)
Torn (Trylle Trilogy, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars You need to get all 3, 20 April 2011
I enjoyed reading this series. Its easy to follow and whilst the characters could do with more depth and the plot needs a more mature style to bring it out, I could see it as a film trilogy for the teens. My only major gripe is that its definitely a trilogy. Books 1 and 2 have no end of their own at all. If you read one as a one off, I could see that you would be very disappointed.

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1)
Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good easy read, but, 20 April 2011

Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava
Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't think of a positive, 20 April 2011
Ok so I'm not the worlds most avid reader, and I picked this book as something alternative to what I would normally read. I thought it would be light reading and funny, but I just didn't get it. It's more like reading a badly written blog about someone's daily life. Nothing gelled, the characters were weak, the storyline poor and its just not worth the effort. Sorry, but its definitely one to avoid.

Medical Error: Prescription for Trouble Series #2
Medical Error: Prescription for Trouble Series #2

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 20 April 2011
Well I am a fairly new reader, that started late in life and have recently purchased a kindle. This was one of the first books I downloaded as a freebie offer and it was riveting to read. I'm not one for being able to guess the outcome of the plot, but the way this was written,the twists and turns keep you guessing right to the end. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2