Profile for labaker > Reviews

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Like playing a computer game but in real life, 21 Jan. 2015
Feels a little cheesy to start with but turns into an interesting concept.
Like playing a computer game but in real life. What if you could perfect
your move, so as to build on the perfection time after time..

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Unique but very thin, 17 Jan. 2012
Have to say that these "shoes" are more like rubber socks and should only be bought if you are planning on running on a relatively soft ground. Road running would be ok too, although your feet will take a pounding.

I tried them on my usual cross country root: woodland track, path around pond and canal path; my feet took quite a beating as you feel absolutely every rock and bump. Only managed one small thorn though so I thought myself lucky.

These shoes could do with a thicker layer of very flexible rubber on the sole that would solve all my problems stated above. But also I managed to pull my right calf muscle which took about 5 days to shake off so that I could walk without a limp. I did however run straight out on my usual 5 mile run which was a bit silly of me; I assumed that as I'd adjusted my running technique to the barefoot running style for the preceding 3 months my calves would be strong enough.. I was wrong!

Start off small as all good advice says when switching to a new running style and build back up again.

I will be trying these again soon when my calf has fully calmed down :), next time it will be on the roads and park only!