Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Ramblin Russ > Reviews

Content by Ramblin Russ

Ramblin Russ

Page: 1 | 2
Portable Charger RAVPower 16750mAh Power Bank External Battery Pack with Most Powerful 4.5A Output and iSmart Technology - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Technology in the wilderness, 19 Aug. 2016
An excellent piece of kit. I bought this a month ago and have waited until I used it a few times before writing this review. I use this mainly to charge my phone when I'm out and about camping. It is reasonably weighty but stores enough power to fully charge my phone 3 times, a godsend when you're camping in a field miles from a power point.
Easy to use and comes with a nice padded bag and a couple of USB leads.
Couldn't ask for anything else. Spot on!

White Line Fever: Lemmy: The Autobiography
White Line Fever: Lemmy: The Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars From the heart, 28 Mar. 2016
Lemmy, as always, tells it as he sees it. No nicey, nicey, don't want to offend anybody, politically correct BS, just the truths.
I loved reading this well written and humorous book, as I've loved listening Motörhead and as I've loved watching Lemmy being Lemmy.
5 well deserved stars

Duende: A Journey In Search Of Flamenco
Duende: A Journey In Search Of Flamenco

5.0 out of 5 stars excelente, 18 July 2014
I read this book in one day. I love Spain, I love playing and listening to guitar music and I loved reading this book.

Guy Martin: My Autobiography
Guy Martin: My Autobiography

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 28 May 2014
Candid, truthful, well written and thought provoking.
I had a lot of time for Guy Martin before I read this book.......now I have even more respect for the man.

Fernweh: A Trans Continental Motorcycle Adventure
Fernweh: A Trans Continental Motorcycle Adventure

4.0 out of 5 stars a darn good read., 29 Dec. 2013
He did it with style, with determination and, it seems, a great deal of fun.
People and places on a rtw trip described in an easy to read manner. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Nice one!

Is That You Angus?
Is That You Angus?

5.0 out of 5 stars As real as reality can be, and just as funny., 13 Dec. 2013
It's only a story of a couple of blokes out on their bikes for a bit of a holiday, but it had me in stitches from start to finish. That could be because I know every character in the book. I've never met these particular people, but I've met people the same as them. I've never had exactly the same adventures and escapades that Ferg has shared in this book, but I've had many of an almost uncannily similar vein.
It's a great book. If you ride a motorbike and enjoy the company of others who share your passion, then you're gonna love this tale. If you don't ride a motorbike ....... well you really should. It's brilliant!
Ride free Ferg.

Portable USB Cassette Tape Deck to PC/MP3 Converter & FREE Breo Roam watch With Every Order

4.0 out of 5 stars It works just fine, 1 Oct. 2013
Unpacked the stuff, downloaded the software and with half an hour I was converting old tapes, that I hadn't heard for years, into WAV files. Easy, peasy!
I haven't tried the free MP3 player yet, but all in all I'm chuffed with this kit and with the price I paid for it.

Beginning Bass Guitar (Compact Reference Library)
Beginning Bass Guitar (Compact Reference Library)
by Peter Pickow

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy size for travelling., 28 Sept. 2013
A really well set out book, which was easy to understand.
I used it alongside a couple of other books and a DVD and I'm getting to grips with the bass quicker than I expected.

A New Tune a Day for Bass Guitar, Book 1
A New Tune a Day for Bass Guitar, Book 1
by Steve Kershaw

4.0 out of 5 stars Very, very useful, 28 Sept. 2013
A really well set out book, which was easy to understand.

Belkin N+ Wireless ADSL Modem Router with Increased Wireless Range & High-speed Internet Connection 300 Mbps (F5D8635uk4A)

4.0 out of 5 stars It works., 17 April 2012
I bought this router to replace my old Belkin N Wireless router which had given up the ghost after 18 months.
This model is well designed, easy to install and set up. It was also extremely well priced.
I am no expert in ITC but the installation was simple. The drivers and software installed themselves without a glitch.
The unit is working well (touch wood) and the LED display is quite reassuring.

The only reason I haven't awarded 5 stars is that I am not convinced of its longevity. I just hope it lasts longer than the last model that I had.

Page: 1 | 2