Profile for C. Hanks > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
WEIGHT LOSS with the NORDIC DIET
WEIGHT LOSS with the NORDIC DIET

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Scaninavian Diet, 26 Oct. 2015
This is a very disappointing booklet. I cannot call it a book, as it is very thin. I had assumed it was a Low Carb / High Fat cookbook, as the Scandinavian diet discussed by Sten Sture Skaldeman and Sofie Hexberg (which are both excellent). This book does sing the virtues of real food - as plus point, but uses carbohydrates quite liberally. The author promotes fish, meat and vegetables, which is great, but espouses low fat dairy and meat, which you will see are not such a good idea if you read the books I mentioned above. Also, Voleck and Phinney's "the art and science of low carbohydrate living" and Andreas Eenfeldt's "Low Carb, High Fat food revolution" give a good scientific background to explain why low fat and high grain diet is unhealthy.
In addition, some of the translation could be improved: the section of cholesterol really does not make sense.

Price & Kensington Amelia Tea Towels, Set of 3
Price & Kensington Amelia Tea Towels, Set of 3

2.0 out of 5 stars could do better, 22 Sept. 2013
They looked bright in the picture, and the patterned towel is the most robust. The plain green one is made of a honeycombed material and lost it's shape quickly, and the spotty one simply looked worn very quickly. I would not buy them again.

Denman Black Denman Duck Bill Sectioning Clips - 4pk - DENDDK01BLK
Denman Black Denman Duck Bill Sectioning Clips - 4pk - DENDDK01BLK
Offered by Excellent Salon Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 22 Sept. 2013
These are strong and effective and light enough to stay in place easily. They appear to be robust and I expect them to last a long time.

High Quality Waterproof Bath Shower Cap Hat in Blue Rose Design
High Quality Waterproof Bath Shower Cap Hat in Blue Rose Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cap, 22 Sept. 2013
I needed a cap, so I bought a pretty one. It is efficient as it holds my hair firmly; much better than the more flimsy ones. And as the only woman in the household, it is great to have something feminine!

Cushions & Quilts: Quilting Projects to Decorate your Home
Cushions & Quilts: Quilting Projects to Decorate your Home
by Jo Colwill

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 22 Sept. 2013
This is a beautiful book, but also a very useful book. It has a good variety of projects, with templates and clear instructions. I have a few quilting books and this is my favorite.

BaByliss 2777U Big Hair Rotating Styler - 42 mm
BaByliss 2777U Big Hair Rotating Styler - 42 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works for me, 7 Mar. 2013
I am a novice with this type of device, but this is very easy to use and makes my hair look almost as good as when the hairdresser does it. I am really impressed with this.

Together
Together
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Together (Audio CD)
Having watched the GBT clips on YouTube, I was completely moved by this duo. This album did not disappoint. It is difficult to find something new to say after the well deserved superlatives that have already been used! I can’t stop listening to this album and like it more as I do.
I look forward to their next CD.

Campanet 350513 Bin Butterfly, Ivory, 30cm
Campanet 350513 Bin Butterfly, Ivory, 30cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Butterfly bin, 3 Oct. 2012
I am using this in the loo near the sink, where it is resistant to any splashes. It is a creamy finish which is ideal. My Granddaughter (4) loves the butterflies. It is fairly sturdy, but I would not recommend it if you have boisterous young boys who think that everything is a football!

Sloggi Women's Basic Maxi 3 Pack plain High Rise Shaping Control Knickers, White, Size 20

5.0 out of 5 stars Sloggi briefs, 3 Oct. 2012
Always reliable and comfortable with no seams. Wash at 60 degrees C so hygienic and sturdy. I have tried others, but these are the best.

The St. Michael All Colour Cookery Book
The St. Michael All Colour Cookery Book
by Jeni Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cook book, 28 Aug. 2012
I bought this about 30 years ago & my much used copy was falling apart. I was delighted to find this nearly perfect copy to replace it. Thanks very much!

Page: 1 | 2