Profile for Anon Ymous > Reviews

Content by Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
45 x One Step Highly Sensitive 20mIU Ovulation / Fertility Strip Tests (Wide Width). These are identical to what we supply to the NHS
Offered by Simplytests

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not great, 25 July 2016
While easy to use, these didn't give me a crystal clear idea of which day I got the LH surge. The line did get darker around the days I thought I was about to ovulate but never as dark or darker than the control line as it says on the leaflet (and, yes, I was testing after 10am and before 8pm). I know I did ovulate this month as I had a blood test done by the GP. I think I'll try the more expensive Clearblue ones next month and see if they give me a better idea.

Yes Yes Yes Organic Yes Baby
Yes Yes Yes Organic Yes Baby

3.0 out of 5 stars On the fence so far, 28 Jun. 2016
Have only tried it for a month so far. Not pregnant but no irritation problems with it. A few more ovulation test strips would be nice to ensure the LH surge day isn't missed. Five is a bit stingy. I'll update in a few months as to whether the product does or doesn't eventually help me to conceive.

Second Chance
Second Chance
by Dylan S Hearn

4.0 out of 5 stars whereas that got downright boring in places, 12 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Second Chance (Paperback)
An interesting and thought-provoking read. It reminded me in some aspects of Peter F. Hamilton's 'Great North Road' but, whereas that got downright boring in places, this held my interest throughout. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series, 'Absent Souls', soon.

Single Point Perspective
Single Point Perspective

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 24 May 2015
At 99p this book was a real bargain. It would have been money well spent even at a few pounds more. I very much enjoyed the author's writing style. Despite dealing with some serious issues there was a good amount of appropriately placed humour throughout. I got through the book in just a few days: as a previous reviewer said, 'it was a real page-turner'.

Knife Edge: An Anthology of Crime, Thriller, Mystery and Suspense Stories
Knife Edge: An Anthology of Crime, Thriller, Mystery and Suspense Stories

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a look, 5 May 2015
A good selection of short stories. Even with those not to my personal taste I could appreciate the fact that they were well-written.

The Ultimate Kindle Formatting Guide: From Word to Kindle. Better Formatting = More Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 28 April 2015
This is a useful book. It gives enough information on the subject but doesn't overload and is well laid out.

Various Authors (The Fiction Desk Book 1)
Various Authors (The Fiction Desk Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting selection of quality writing, 27 April 2015
I enjoyed most of the stories in this nicely varied selection. They are all are very well written with interesting characters. My favourite is probably Ben Cheetham's 'Sometimes the Only Way Out is In', sad as it is. 'Rex', by Jon Wallace, 'A Covering of Leaves', by Danny Rhodes, and 'Celia and Harold' by Patrick Whittaker are somewhat strange, but still worth a read.

ION Audio Max LP | Belt-Drive Turntable with Built-in Stereo Speakers and USB Conversion - Wood

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, looks great, 4 Feb. 2015
Before choosing this I'd looked at turntables half the price but decided this looked more robust, more aesthetically pleasing, and had the closable lid and slipmat that some cheaper models lack. Having had the turntable for a couple of days and played a variety of 12" LPs and 7" singles (some from the 60s and a bit scuffed) I'm really pleased with it. Not tried 78s as we don't have any.
It came triple boxed. It actually took me a while to get through all the sticky tape and cardboard but that meant the item was well protected in transit. The power adaptor was hidden in the polystyrene so took a search to locate! Set-up after that was very easy, just a case of removing the needle cover really. It's a solid piece of kit - with the exception of the stylus arm and arm raiser lever which I think will need a gentle touch. Whilst it feels solid it's not too heavy to move around comfortably if one wants to take it to different parts of the house.
Sound is very good with the built in speakers and even better with my Sennheiser headphones. I've not tried connecting to external speakers but the instruction booklet seems pretty clear on how to do that. So far I've had no problems with records skipping at all.
I haven't tried the software to convert LPs to mp3 but it looks like it'll be straight forward. I'm really enjoying giving my parents' vinyl collection a second lease of life with this turntable and would recommend it.
UPDATE: the turntable suddenly stopped working after ten months. ION tech support said it was probably the pre-amp (the records were spinning but no sound was emerging except for at the needle) and advised me to return it to the retailer for repair as it was still within warranty. Amazon sent me a return authorisation, I sent it back and got an immediate refund. I'm ordering a replacement of the same model because, apart from the fact it stopped working, I have been really pleased with the player. I'm hoping I was just unlucky in it developing a fault but have revised my product rating from 5/5 to 4/5..

The Things They Carried (Flamingo)
The Things They Carried (Flamingo)
by Tim Obrien

5.0 out of 5 stars Storytelling at its best, 6 Jan. 2015
A fantastic book, a must-read for any aspiring writer as this is a master-class in storytelling.

Control Stress : Stop Worrying and Feel Good Now !
Control Stress : Stop Worrying and Feel Good Now !
by Paul McKenna

4.0 out of 5 stars The hypnosis track on the enclosed cd is very relaxing ..., 10 July 2014
The hypnosis track on the enclosed cd is very relaxing. The book is helpful too - not life-changing, but worth a read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5