Profile for Mark B > Reviews

Content by Mark B

Mark B (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mario Party 10 (Nintendo Wii U)
Mario Party 10 (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Turbotrance

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not quite Wii Party, 11 Jan. 2016
Much better than the previous Mario Party but still not as good as Wii Party U.

The Mario Party board game is ok but a bit light on mini games and progress can be quite slow. It also seems quite random as to who wins, you could be leading the entire way through, win most of the games played for it to all be lost with your last role of the dice!!

In Wii Party U you can play a first to 3 or 5 wins which is quite good for a quick round of games and Mario Party has a similar function except for it is rounds of 5 or 7, which is a bit limiting. One time when we played this we ended up with the same game 3 times during the 7 rounds which kind of ruined it that time.

I have also tried out the Bowser Party board available on the game which allows 5 players to be playing at the same time (one as Bowser) but for the person playing bowser it isn't always the most engaging and again board play is slow and takes awhile in between players rolling the dice.

We also picked up an Amiibo for this game which unlocks a special board that can be played, again this was very short on mini games and was not overly different from what is already available. For the price of the Amiibo it is not worth buying specifically for this game but if you can get use out of it on other games then you might find it useful.

One thing not mentioned much about this game is the inclusion of badminton, which can be played 1v1 or 2v2, at first I thought this was a strange inclusion for this type of game but having played it we fell in love with it, the 4 player 2v2 has been played a lot and is very entertaining!

Overall the games is quite good but if you are looking for a replacement for Wii Party U I don't think this is it, it does offer some new and exciting mini games with more 3v1's and 2v2's than you get with Wii Party U but many of them are adaptations or similar to what we have already seen. This mixed with the linear, short, slow and rather dull Mario Party board doesn't give you much to shout about. That said all in all it is a decent game and will give you some enjoyment but I doubt you'll keep playing it again and again.

Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan - Tiger Design
Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan - Tiger Design
Offered by Aquapet

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and good size, 17 Sept. 2015
Got 2 of these for my 2 cats

They certainly help contain any smells, which is great so I don't come home to a smell everyday!

These are certainly on the large side, and you would easily fit a normal size litter tray inside this, I just bought XL litter bags and lined the inside rather than having a tray sit inside it.

Cats took to using it straight away and never had any issues with the door/flap.

Carbon filters for the top are fairly cheap and don't need replacing too often.

These are great quality and much better than open litter trays, great if you don't have a big house and want to keep the litter tray a bit more hidden

Ohropax Earplugs Soft
Ohropax Earplugs Soft
Offered by Tiger Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Sept. 2015
Great product!

Easy to use, feels comfortable and great for blocking out noises.

I use them as I am a light sleeper and get woken up quite easily, using these allows me to get more sleep as I am not woken up by my cats running about or my girlfriend snoring

Black Double Sided Foam Tape 25mm x 4mtr Automotive Grade Number Plates Cars Trims
Offered by Fosseway Tapes & Fixings Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, does what it needs to, 17 Sept. 2015
Great product, does exactly what you need it to, sticks very well and is pretty strong, but that is where it loses a star, its so strong that if you ever need to get it off you'll be left with pieces and marks where it was!

Rogz Catz Alleycat Collar, Black
Rogz Catz Alleycat Collar, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Gave up trying to use them..., 17 Sept. 2015
Cats very quickly (and easily) managed to figure out how to get this off!

They would get their back paw inside it and 'ping' it open, after multiple times of this happening I gave up on using them!

They quality of them was great and they looked good, and would certainly work of your cat was out and got stuck, but if like me you can' get them to wear it then its a waste of money!

Cat Tree "Kitty" Black Incl. Uniquely Styled Cat Cave, Ladder, Multiple Levels and Plush Covered Cat Hammock

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty wobbly but cats still use it, 17 Sept. 2015
Its a good height, about the same as me, and the cats do go on it, but there is one big problem with this cat tree..... It is pretty unsteady and wobbles when either of my cats go on it, the base is pretty light weight and having only 2 legs mean it moves quite easily when the cats are up the top part

M bigger cat tends not to go higher up, instead he uses the little hut near the bottom. Also neither of them have been brave enough to try get on the hammock that hangs down, there is no real easy way for them to get on it and it moves to much, so even if they did want to try they'd probably fall off!

I had a much larger one before this that had 3 legs and a much heavier and wider base and it never wobbled at all, I wouldn't say this one was unsafe but some cats might be put off by how much it wobbles when they are higher up on this

3" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper
3" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper

3.0 out of 5 stars Was ok, but not as good as the real thing, 17 Sept. 2015
I bought this when I had to move home for a few months while my house was being built

Certainly makes the bed a bit more comfy, but having come from a mattress with built in memory foam this was a bit of a let down.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to buying a whole mattress then its better than nothing, but personally I would invest in a proper mattress with built in memory foam top that you can try out in the shop

Antiference me200bkb Magic Eye Sensor
Antiference me200bkb Magic Eye Sensor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great prodcut and even better price, 17 Sept. 2015
Great product if you want to control your Sky box from another room, and much cheaper than some other ones on the market.

Plugs into the cables I had perfectly and has a much smaller infrared receiver than the other one I have, which is great for sticking on the front of the tv without you really even noticing its there

20 Pairs of Moldex Spark 7800 Ear Plugs
20 Pairs of Moldex Spark 7800 Ear Plugs
Offered by Tiger Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't block out enough noise!, 17 Sept. 2015
Bought as a cheaper alternative to other ones I had used before! wasn't worth it, they do very little to block out noise! I could still hear my girlfriend snoring.

They fit well and are easy to use but do not deliver the desired level of noise reduction

Catit Senses Water Fountain
Catit Senses Water Fountain

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it, 17 Sept. 2015
Cats love it and took to using it straight away, can get a bit loud when water level is low, but easily fixed by topping up with more water.

Only reason I've given 4 stars is due to the fact replacement filters cost £8!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3