Profile for Indigo > Reviews

Content by Indigo

Indigo

Page: 1 | 2
Mains Battery Charger for Nikon Digital Cameras - Replacement for Nikon Quick Charger MH-24 for EN-EL14 Battery - AAA Products®
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, so far, 22 July 2017
Bought this to replace the original one which I lost. Have only used it once, so far, but seems good.

Ex-Pro Nikon UC-E4 USB Cable Lead for Nikon D Series [See description for models]
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase., 22 July 2017
Good, so far.

More4bagz Cabin Approved On Board Wheeled Hand Luggage Travel Trolley Flight Holdall Bag Fits Easyjet, Ryanair, BMI & Many More (Black/Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't know how I managed without this, before!, 22 July 2017
This suitcase on wheels is brilliant. I had read the earlier reviews so I knew it wouldn't stand up by itself but other than that (doesn't bother me) it is excellent value for money. The zips seem robust. Very pleased with it.

Cornish Guernseys and Knit-frocks
Cornish Guernseys and Knit-frocks
by Mary Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Sept. 2015
Interesting, readable social history. Looking forward to incorporating some of the patterns in my knitting.

Thank You, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster)
Thank You, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster)
by P.G. Wodehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Wodehouse, a great story-teller, 21 Sept. 2015
Delightful escapist light reading, on the sunbed in the garden.

Cute & Easy Crochet with Flowers: 35 beautiful projects using floral motifs
Cute & Easy Crochet with Flowers: 35 beautiful projects using floral motifs
by Nicki Trench

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 21 Sept. 2015
I bought this to teach myself to read crochet patterns and have been very pleased with it. Lovely projects, beautifully photographed.

Trouble is My Business
Trouble is My Business
by Raymond Chandler

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book., 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Trouble is My Business (Paperback)
Raymond Chandler is such a great story-teller, his tales are packed with detail, nuance and dry humour. Gripping, satisfying read.

Dell Inspiron 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) - (Intel Core i3 3217U 1.8GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 9 Jun. 2014
I returned this laptap to the seller and requested a full refund. At the moment, the seller has the laptop but refuses to refund or answer my questions about when they will refund, although Amazon have ordered the seller to refund me in full including the cost of returning the laptop to the seller.

This laptop worked OK for a couple of weeks and then, suddenly, would not power on. I contacted Dell support but they could not come up with a permanent fix. I went on the web, then, and found dozens of other unhappy people experiencing the same problems that I was having. After setting aside for a couple of weeks to lose the static electricity build-up, the laptop would power on but refused to load Windows. Tried and failed a few more times, then decided to abandon attempt.

In my experience - and, apparently, that of many others - this model is not fit for purpose, having a design failure that makes it completely unreliable. You could not count on it for maintaining your e-mail correspondence or checking your bank statements at any time on any day of the year. What else are computers for but at least to be able to do that? I gather that you can get it to work by taking out the battery. But, as this is a bit of kit that is intended to work with the battery IN, it is not acceptable that in many instances it can be got to work only by taking the battery OUT.

The reviews on the product page for this laptop must have been written by the seller's mates, as they are wholly misleading.

As the seller is now sitting on both the laptop and my money, despite Amazon ordering them to refund I have had to ask the credit card people to start a charge-back process. Very angry.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2014 6:07 PM BST

Birkenstock Gizeh Natural Leather, Style-No. 743851, Unisex Thong Sandals, Steel Blue, EU 37, normal width

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish Birkenstock made it easier to work out your shoe width, 30 July 2011
These sandals are as described, and I am very happy with them. But it took ages to work out whether or not my feet are - according to Birkenstock - "normal width". In the end, I went back to the shop where I had bought a black leather pair of these sandals about four years ago (and was wearing them) and asked the staff there what they thought. They said that they had only ever sold "normal width" so that was what I ordered from Amazon. (The shop didn't have the model I wanted; if they had, I would probably have bought the sandals there instead of on Amazon.)

Five Ring Circus: Myths and Realities of the Olympic Games
Five Ring Circus: Myths and Realities of the Olympic Games
by Christopher A. Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be required reading for all politicians, 30 July 2011
Much of what is written in this book, especially about "resistance", resonates with my experience so far of what is being done in London in the name of the "Olympic ideals". It should be required reading for all politicians thinking of bidding to host the next Olympics, before - and not after - deciding to risk bankrupting the country. For instance, in London, a year ago the cost of preparing the venue for the 2012 equestrian events was said to be £42 million; it is now reported to be £60 million and counting (a year still to go); and there will be absolutely nil legacy for the UK equestrian sport, just at the time when the UK's competitors - France, Germany, the US - are upgrading their national facilities.

Page: 1 | 2