Profile for Angela Z > Reviews

Content by Angela Z

Angela Z

Page: 1 | 2
The Olympias Clue (Lucy Evans, InstaExplorer)
The Olympias Clue (Lucy Evans, InstaExplorer)
by Millie Slavidou

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun AND educational!, 15 Sept. 2015
Read by my daughter on holiday. She liked the mystery and adventure of Lucy's story. The instagram photos at the start of each chapter was a nice touch, and resonated well with my media-savvy young teen! Also, the glossary of Greek terms was an added bonus. Now we speak a little Greek too! Interesting and a very informative set of books.

Survival of the Ginnest
Survival of the Ginnest
by Aimee Horton

4.0 out of 5 stars nodding along with all the fun and games of having two little monsters invade your ..., 30 Jun. 2015
From start to finish I was laughing, and as a mother, nodding along with all the fun and games of having two little monsters invade your ordered, cocktail-party, DINKY lifestyle. No wonder Dottie turns to Gin! A very well-observed, and original novel. I look forward to Aimee Horton's next book - it's bound to be a hit! No pressure, Aimee!

Bride without a Groom
Bride without a Groom

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Out Loud Funny!, 22 May 2015
From beginning to end, I was gripped by Rebecca and her Bridal predicaments, mostly self-imposed! I am usually very skippy when it comes to reading properly, line by line; but in this book by Amy Lynch, I even re-tracked at times, to make sure I wasn't missing anything of the plot! Her humour is very much in tune with mine, ranging from the quirky to the downright ridiculous! That's not to say the plot is ridiculous of course, rather the main character Beccy; and her one-track determination on getting down that aisle, either with the long-suffering Barry, or without him!

I knew by the cover that I would enjoy this book, I'm clever like that! Lol. (And I'm not often wrong by the way!) It was a belly-laughing, relatable, and romantic romp-athon read. Miss it... and MISS OUT!

Amy Lynch is one author I shall be keeping an eye on in the future.

Anti-Social Media
Anti-Social Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Anti-Social Media by Kate-Beth Heywood, 24 April 2015
This review is from: Anti-Social Media (Kindle Edition)
From start to finish I could not put this book down. For me that is unusual - I have a very short attention span!

The characters, and style of writing in this book are a total joy. Honest, no-frills, and wickedly real. But most of all, believable, and in the end, loveable. The story of Constance, a would-be scriptwriter, and Jennifer, a self-obsessed monster of a celebrity, are engaging, and at times, laugh-out-loud hilarious! The men in the story are realistically disappointing. No cringingly unbelievable muscle-bound hero to rescue our flawed heroine, I am happy to report!

The way the story is woven around a backdrop of almost constant social media interference, is to me, extremely relevant to the way we live our lives in 2015. I look forward to reading further books from this Author.

Well done, Kate-Beth Heywood!

Confessions of a Do-Gooder Gone Bad
Confessions of a Do-Gooder Gone Bad
by Ann K. Howley

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, warm and occasionally 'out there' memoir of a ..., 5 Jan. 2015
Funny, warm and occasionally 'out there' memoir of a young girl growing up in LA, California. A really good read. Larger print too, which is always a plus when you are on the 'wrong' side of 40! :D

Victoria Secret Coconut Passion Body Mist & Body Lotion DEAL
Victoria Secret Coconut Passion Body Mist & Body Lotion DEAL

3.0 out of 5 stars Not packed very well though, just in a very ..., 21 Nov. 2014
Not packed very well though, just in a very thin jiffy bag. Perfume/Body Lotion arrived a little bit bashed about! Considering I live abroad, they could have packed it with a bit more care!!!

Northanger Abbey [DVD] [2007]
Northanger Abbey [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Felicity Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesser known work of Jane Austen, 3 April 2014
Excellent adaptation of Jane Austen's lesser known novel, Northanger Abbey. Although not so dynamic as Pride & Predjudice, Emma et al, has a certain gentle charm all of it's own....and a happy ending, which is always a plus!!! J J Fields is as gorgeous as ever - NOT my only reason for buying this....honest!!! ;)

Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD]
Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars An aquired taste of humour??!!, 23 Feb. 2014
What can I say?? My family & I LOVE Time Vine - and his latest DVD 'Punslinger' didn't disappoint!! He is one of the few comedians that is suitable for ALL the family to watch together, which is lovely!! Also, living abroad, it helps my 12 yr old to understand the English language and our many sayings, where she may not have come across them in daily life!!! A belly laugh AND educational at the same time....what more could you ask for in a comedy video?? ;) Thanks, Tim! :D

Dan In Real Life [DVD]
Dan In Real Life [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dianne Wiest
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous, side-splittingly funny romcom!!!, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Dan In Real Life [DVD] (DVD)
Reminds me of my own mad, crazy & dysfunctional family. A sweet love story manages to develop despite interruptions, obstructions and well-meaning match making from Dan's large & colourful family on a weekend away.

The Best of Paddington on CD: Complete & Unabridged
The Best of Paddington on CD: Complete & Unabridged
by Michael Bond
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kids & Kidults alike!!, 28 Oct. 2013
Read by the wonderful Stephen Fry, this set of 7 CD's transported me back to a gentler, more innocent time when Bears were addressed as "Sir" and the indomitable "Mrs Bird" ruled the Brown's household with a rod of iron, wrapped in Marmalade!!!

Page: 1 | 2