Profile for damoske > Reviews

Content by damoske

damoske (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
EC Technology Foldable Wireless Keyboard Ultra-Slim with Aluminium Alloy Body for IOS, Windows and Android
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars It does get bent a bit easily if not taken care of, 29 Nov. 2016
The typing action is second to none - I almost prefer to my laptop keyboard. It does get bent a bit easily if not taken care of.

Peppa Pig 06161 "Laugh with Peppa" Plush Toy
Peppa Pig 06161 "Laugh with Peppa" Plush Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars and served as an excellent deterrant/guardian for dangerous places after that, 29 Nov. 2016
Scared the Jesus out of our 18mo when it first jumped, and served as an excellent deterrant/guardian for dangerous places after that. She can laugh about it, 2 years on.

Really Useful Box 84 Litre General Storage - Clear
Really Useful Box 84 Litre General Storage - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars We bought these 10 years ago to store sports gear ..., 29 Nov. 2016
We bought these 10 years ago to store sports gear. We've rarely used that sports gear, while leaving the boxes in sheds and outside in UK and Australia for those 10 years, and they've protected the contents perfectly against rain, humidity, thunderstorms, and international removals. I've broken one once by dropping it from a height, otherwise they're almost bulletproof.

Our descendants will probably discover them in our garage 50 years from now and find the contents perfectly preserved. They might not suit everyday use with continuous bashing around, but compared to the cheap stuff you find on ebay and elsewhere, these are worth investing in for buy-once, store-anywhere, last-forever reliable storage.

Logitech K480 Multi Device Bluetooth Keyboard for PC, Smartphone and Tablet (QWERTY) - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, but poor keyboard and too heavy for an accessory, 2 May 2016
I love Logitech kit, but this misses the mark.

Generally, the concept is great - quality is good as always, style is quite bold and nice, and everything is solid. There are two key problems, of different types.

The first is functional for the keyboard - I feel, the keys, while short-travel, are poorly balanced, with a poor quality action - what this means is that it seems to miss every 6-8th keypress; I see it missed the key, have to go back and fill in, and keep going. This halves my typing speed. The action feels fine if you try it in the shop without actually seeing which keypresses it captures, but once I started using it, I noticed that it was missing keypresses - possibly due to not squarely hitting keys; I'm not sure.

The second is practical. This thing is heavy! Yes, it does need to be heavily to balance and stabilise a tablet, but if a portable keyboard plus tablet is almost as heavy as a laptop.. then why not just bring a laptop? It's too heavy to carry in my rucksack 'just in case'; I use it as a second keyboard for my laptop at home, where it's then too poorly performing to actually use.

What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 4 Jan. 2015
Randal Monroe demonstrates both an entertaining wit, and an attention to detail of physics, geology, mathematics, that is all too rare in the world these days.

Griffin USB Adapter Mini Cable Kit includes USB to Mini USB, USB to Micro USB and USB to Apple 30 Pin - Black
Offered by SEDIVA UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Really handy and no mess, 22 Jan. 2012
I asked for these for Christmas as they are the perfect solution to someone who's always needing/finding/losing charging cables. Three cables, that cover every gadget I have, are handy enough to carry in my pocket as easily as my keys. They're robust, they're handy.

Having said that, within a month, I've managed to lose two of the three cables - which was something I feared would happen. You're not really going to pay less than this price for a quality branded item. Perhaps they should sell a multipack of 6 cables, for a slightly higher price, so as to avoid the hesitation of those of us who are just going to keep losing these regardless.

Kensington Travel Battery Pack and Charger for iPhone and iPod Touch
Kensington Travel Battery Pack and Charger for iPhone and iPod Touch
Offered by eoutlet-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Great-performing iPhone charger for a great price, 13 Mar. 2011
This is nowhere near as convenient as the Mophie Juice Pack Air that I bought for my iPhone, but it was a third of the price (£20) - so I bought two. And it's great. I charge it from USB, keep it in my bag, and if all else fails, then it's available there to boost my iPhone.

And it does very well - from 20% to 100%, in around 30 minutes - it has excellent capacity and speed, and the flip-out USB (fiddly to flip out, probably why it's discounted), means you need carry nothing else.

If you're ever worried of being somewhere with a dead iPhone, then as a fallback, this really works.

Logitech 960-000582 C270 USB HD Webcam - Black
Logitech 960-000582 C270 USB HD Webcam - Black
Offered by KAH Technologies Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, good quality, 4 Jan. 2011
I was just looking for a decent webcam that gave a decent high-quality picture for Skype calls. No fancy apps, no super-high-res quality to consume my bandwidth.

As it goes, the Logitech is great for this - I've just used the WinXP plug'n'play drivers, and haven't installed the Logitech additional drivers or software, and it works fine. The camera is small enough to fit in my 'stuff' bag alongside iphone charger and the like.

My only gripe is that the mounting of the camera on the screen is quite precarious, and although it doesn't fall off like you'd expect, I''d prefer it to be more secure.

The Thick of It: The Missing DoSAC Files
The Thick of It: The Missing DoSAC Files
by Armando Iannucci

4.0 out of 5 stars 80% as good as the series, 28 Nov. 2010
"The Thick of It" as a series is a hard act to follow, but the book does a pretty good job. It isn't as refined and filtered as the show, and so not as uproarously funny, but for any real Thick Of It fan, it's still a must-have.

M3 Sebertool
M3 Sebertool

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly useful, 10 Sept. 2009
This review is from: M3 Sebertool (Misc.)
I bought this because I couldn't find it's bigger brother, the Sebertool M4 (now made by IDC, and called the.. T10?).

It loses a lot from the M4 - no knife for starters. Actually, that could make it possible to take on aircraft (don't quote me on this). It retains the pliers, and then a large and small screwdriver on each 'arm' - one flat, one cross-head. From the M4, it also misses the tweezers, file, and bottle opener.

Construction is strong, as always. It's also a fair bit smaller than the M4, so isn't as bad an alternative as I thought (I never use the tweezers or file; occasionally bottle opener; but I do miss the knife). It's... OK.

Page: 1 | 2