Profile for nickthejuggler > Reviews

nickthejuggler (Bath, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Lenovo Ultraslim Wireless Keyboard AND Mouse Radio Transfer, PC / Mac, Keyboard
Lenovo Ultraslim Wireless Keyboard AND Mouse Radio Transfer, PC / Mac, Keyboard

4.0 out of 5 stars Both the keyboard and mouse are very good, although as other reviewers commented the keyboard is ..., 16 Feb. 2016
I bought this to use with a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 laptop. Both the keyboard and mouse are very good, although as other reviewers commented the keyboard is quite noisy, although it is not obvious why. I also find that the mouse tracks very quickly, much quicker than any other mouse I have used, and as yet I have found no way to adjust the tracking speed. It is fine once you get used to it, just makes switching between different mice slightly more difficult. My one gripe, and the reason I didn't give it 5 stars, is the keyboard layout. Why oh why can't manufactures copy the laptop layout when making external keyboards? It is 90% the same but the remaining 10% means switching between built-in keyboard and external causes me to miss certain keys. I am not a touch typist but still I find this frustrating. Lenovo do make a keyboard that matches the laptop layout, but that includes a trackpad I don't need and costs proportionately more. So please Lenovo create a halfway house, an external keyboard with an identical key layout but no tcak pad.

Kent Brushes Handmade Combs Range 6T Medium Size Coarse and Fine Comb for Women
Kent Brushes Handmade Combs Range 6T Medium Size Coarse and Fine Comb for Women
Offered by HAIRBRUSH & COMB CITY

5.0 out of 5 stars I find the 6T to be the perfect everyday comb and I also have a smaller one ..., 16 Feb. 2016
Unlike cheaper combs these Kent combs do not scratch your scalp. I find the 6T to be the perfect everyday comb and I also have a smaller one to carry around. i have used them for tears and whilst a little more pricey I would never go back to a cheap plastic comb.

Heath Robinson: How to be a Motorist
Heath Robinson: How to be a Motorist
by W. Heath Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully eccentric and very British, 10 July 2015
I grew up with my parents referring to any sort of ramshackle solution to a problem as being a bit 'Heath Robinson' but I had never actually read any of the books. I had assumed the books were long since out of print until I read by chance review of this book and thought I must have a copy. It is best if you can transport yourself mentally to the 1930s/40s as you read it, because Britain was a different country then - no I am not that old but I have read a number of books written in that era - but it is very funny anyway. Next will have to be 'How To Live in a Flat' so I can learn how best to swing a cat.

Sony SRF-S84 FM/AM Radio Walkman - Silver
Sony SRF-S84 FM/AM Radio Walkman - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Best small AM/FM you can buy, even if it looks pricey compared with the competition, 10 July 2015
I bought this for listening to the commentary at motor sport events, which all seem to broadcast on 87.7 FM. Very compact and light with good sound quality. I have looked at several other 'small' radios and none are as small, light and have the sound quality. It may look expensive for a basic AM/FM radio but the quality is worth it. This is the fifth I have bought to the extended family for the British GP and I wouldn't buy another model.

The Story So Far: The Very Best Of Rod Stewart (2CD)
The Story So Far: The Very Best Of Rod Stewart (2CD)
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars The Very best of, plus a few less good, 10 July 2015
I have always been a closset Rod Stewart fan, but somehow it was never fashionable to say so. Watching a recent documentary reminded me how good some of his music still is so I bought this. It definitely has the best of Rod Stewart, but also includes some less well known (to me at least) tracks which I don't rate quite as highly. Luckily once ripped and on iPlayer I can playlist the real best of.

Ledlenser K2 Key-Ring LED Torch (Black) - Blister Pack, 8252
Ledlenser K2 Key-Ring LED Torch (Black) - Blister Pack, 8252

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pocket torch, 10 July 2015
I have bought several of these because when you need a torch that is really compact and yet gives good illumination then this really does the job. I actually bought them for camping where I wanted a torch that fits in a trouser pocket easily and is always available. I wouldn't want to assemble a tent using just this, but for walking around a camp site at night it is perfect.

Briggs and Stratton Genuine 280399S Starter Rope
Briggs and Stratton Genuine 280399S Starter Rope
Offered by ISE Forest & Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly and D. Raybould's fitting instructions are BRILLIANT, 11 May 2015
On Sunday the starter cord broke on my Hayter Harrier 41. Getting a repair at this time of year typically takes 2-3 weeks. I looked at the online guidance and whilst in theory it is easy to replace the starter cord in reality on the Hayter Harrier it is a nightmare to get at. But then I read the review by D. Raybould (30 Apr 2013) and it suddenly looked easy. My cord had broken but the end was still accessible. So I ordered the replacement and followed the instructions. Simply brilliant. I would only add a few additional pieces of advice: (1) When trying to pull the cord out it helps to hold the kill switch on, which to me was counter intuitive; (2) To make turning the engine over I removed the spark plug. (3) Because my cord had broken it was hard to pull out and whilst I thought I had pulled it fully out I hadn't, so I had to use a pair of screwdrivers to wind the recoil back an extra couple of turns; (4) The correct knots to use are figure of eight, and if you don't know how to tie on use your favourite search engine; (5) Do remember to thread the new cord through the guide on the handle, else you have to undo it all again; (6) The cord as supplied was the perfect length so don't shorten it - at least on a Hayter Harrier 41.

A big big thnak you to D. Raybould for his excellent advice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2016 1:12 PM BST

Philips Softone ESaver, 16W, ES, Warm White (827) Pack of 3
Philips Softone ESaver, 16W, ES, Warm White (827) Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 25 Oct. 2013
These are hard to find in the shops and I have some Anglepoise lamps which are designed to work with this particular weight of bulb. Great to be able to find them on Amazon.

Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin - Multi-Colour
Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin - Multi-Colour

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better made, 25 Oct. 2013
In most ways this really deserves 5 stars but Joseph Joseph have let themselves down with the quality of the manufacturing. In most ways it is a lovely product and the design and implementation are beautifully done. But unfortunately the actual the holes in the ends of the wooden roller are not in the centre of the roller so that the plastic rings that create the depth are not correctly aligned. So as you roll the pin the depth goes up and down slightly, there is about 0.5 mm difference between the thickest and thinnest for any chosen thickness. I can live with this because that is probably more accurate than most people can achieve by hand and eye but I view Joseph Joseph as a premium brand and they really should be able to get this manufactured to much tighter tolerances.

Tubular Bells
Tubular Bells

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as ever, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Tubular Bells (Audio CD)
For some reason I had not purchased this album on CD until recently, having bought the vinyl version when it was first popular. The deluxe edition is to my mind brilliant as it combines the 2009 remix with the original recording, and for those of us who remember the original that is key. The DVD contains the 5.1 surround sound version which I personally don't have the equipment to fully appreciate but also the excellent recording from BBC2 "2nd House" of a live recording of Tubular Bells (Part One) which is worth the price all by itself. There is something magical about this album and this version captures every aspect. Buy it and enjoy.

Page: 1 | 2