Profile for P. J. Duffell > Reviews

Content by P. J. Duffell

P. J. Duffell (UK)

I Should Have Known Better: A Life in Pop Management - "The Beatles", "Brian Epstein" and "Elton John"
by Geoffrey Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop Management, 17 April 2012
Geoffrey Ellis was an old University friend so I was particularly delighted to read his memoirs. I found the book immensely readable and entertaining. It should be a best seller in the field.

The Third Inspector Morse Omnibus: "Last Bus to Woodstock", "Wench is Dead", "Jewel That Was Ours"
by Colin Dexter

5.0 out of 5 stars John Thaw was the perfect Morse, 31 July 2009
I directed the tv episode based on The Last Bus to Woodstock and so I have a special relationship with Inspector Morse. I greatly enjoy Colin Dexter's novels and as an Oxford graduate they are particularly fascinating although I dont remember murders occuring in the groves of academe with such alarming frequency!
Peter Duffell