Profile for WitchoftheWest > Reviews

Content by WitchoftheWest

WitchoftheWest
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
GhostBed Luxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress, Single (90 x 190 cm)
GhostBed Luxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress, Single (90 x 190 cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, and very comfortable, 26 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are a lot of memory foam mattresses around, some cheap, some extortionately priced, and all with varying degrees of quality. This mattress falls pretty high up the price range for a single, so is it any better than the cheap ones you see advertised constantly on shopping channels. It comes neatly vacuum packed and rolled up in a heavy, but manageable sized box. Once unpacked you have to leave it for around 24-48 hours to fully “aerate” and gain it’s proper shape. So, if you need the bed to sleep in, best to leave the mattress somewhere else overnight to do it’s thing!!

A word of warning here, the mattress does contain latex, and this does give off a noitceable odour. Although it dissipates almost completely after a few days, it may be a problem for some, as there are a number of people who have an allergic reaction to this smell, and especially to contact with the skin.

Luckily I am not one of them, and over the last 4 days the smell has gradually disappeared. This looks and feels a quality mattress. It is well put together (handmade apparently), and extremely comfortable to sleep on. I have a recurring problem with lower back pain so I was worried that this mattress would aggravate the problem, but I’m pleased to report that it supports my spine very well indeed, and I have had no issues at all. In fact, over the last 4 nights my sleep has been comfortable and undisturbed, so top marks on that front.

My other concern is that after a prolonged period of use (2 or 3 years), the memory foam may retain it’s memory a little too well, leading to a dip in the foam where my bodyweight has been. I am not overweight, but the last two memory foam mattresses I have owned have dipped/sagged after extended periods of use, and have had to be turned regularly to extend their life. Only time will tell with this mattress, but as the memory foam and gel are only thin layers, I hope it won’t occur. I will update the review if any wear and tear issues present themselves.

So, I’m very pleased with the Ghostbed, and although it is quite expensive, it is certainly far better quality than many others I have seen, and the other two O have owned. I agree with the claim it is likely to be suitable for most people, because it is not too hard, and certainly not too soft. In fact it feels very supportive in all the right areas, so it may well be a godsend for others who have certain chronic back pain issues, and for whom conventional mattresses do not offer the right combination of support and comfort. Highly recommended.

Remington S8596 Keratin Radiance Straightener
Remington S8596 Keratin Radiance Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Kind to hair, and work well, 21 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have owned several Remington hair styling tools for many years.... I love their hot styling brush which I have used for years and have been lucky enough to review the latest version which is even better than my trusted original, so I was excited to try these straighteners.
I have been dubious about straighteners as I have friends who have damaged their hair using them, but knowing that these are covered in the same protective coating as the hot brush, I felt confident that they would be kind to my hair and I'm pleased to say that this is the case.
I have long naturally curly and unruly hair which gets very dry, so I use coconut oil to condition it, but because these straighteners are coated in keratin and macadamia they leave my hair shiny and smooth, they also sense how hot to get so my hair doesn't get damaged ......it's amazing! I love the fact that the plate 'floats' so it moves with my hair and gives an even amount of pressure. As with the hot brush, these have an auto cut off so you don't need to panic if you forget to turn them off and come with a heat proof pouch so you don't need to wait ages for them to cool down before you can put them away.
I think they are a very good price for such good quality and am very pleased with them, I can see they will be a great addition to my hair styling equipment and gives me another whole look with lovely straight smooth hair! I'd give them more than the maximum 5 stars if I could, if you've been put off using straighteners, I recommend you try these!

Busy B 2017 Desktop Calendar
Busy B 2017 Desktop Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited appeal - no good if you want to make a lot of daily entries, 17 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Decent A5 size diary with the unusual bonus of a flap stand that allows you to stand it up and display it. There are storage pockets provided for monthly documents, but the space allocated to each day is only a small square, so if you need to make a lot of notes for specific days, this diary probably isn't for you. It's attractive enough, and nice made, but then the price is quite high too. Ideal for my needs, but i suspect I could be in a minority. A pity Busy B didn't make it's appeal more universal by adding extra pages, and splitting the weeks to make more writing space available. Check out the photos of the Month pages on the Amazon page to see if it will suit you.

Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great Meguiar's product, 16 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Another excellent product from Meguiars. I have been using this quick detailer in my car, and around the home for a while now. It is more expensive than most other interior detailing products, but it leaves no nasty greasy residue, or colour that comes off on your hands, and all over your clothing. Be careful not to use it if the interior of your car is very hot, because the fine spray will dry on contact, and be very difficult to remove. Simply spray on a cool surface, wipe over the surface with a clean cloth, then remove the excess with another clean cloth. It restores sun dried plastics, rubbers and other surfaces, making them look brand new, and leaving the interior of the car smelling nice. I have also used on leather and vinyl furniture, black and silver household appliances, my metallic TV stand, and my Bluray/Audio equipment. It makes them clean, sparkly and dust free for ages. In fact the only negative for me is the trigger with it's fine mist. You have to be very careful when applying this product, or the fine mist produced by the trigger and nozzle will go over surrounding areas. This is wasteful, and often a pain to remove. Use the trigger gently, with the nozzle about 6 inches from the surface. Other than that this is another excellent product from Meguiar's, and I absolutely recommend it!

CobraCo FB6540 Round Bravo Fire Pit
CobraCo FB6540 Round Bravo Fire Pit

5.0 out of 5 stars Focal point of any evening outdoor event., 13 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always wanted one of these for family BBQ's and camping trips. This is a real heavy duty fire pit, and a good size too (2.5ft wide and 1.5ft high). It was easy to put together, and once assembled It weighs approx 11-12kgs, so is easy enough to move around to where it is needed. It is also easy to clean after use . Once alight the mesh side inserts give a great view of the flames, no matter where you are sitting. Be careful not to overload the fire pit, and I would recommend adding seasoned wood to approx half way up the mesh sides, and then using kindling and a fire lighter to get it going. It really is a great feature, and our guests last night were really impressed with it. It added real ambience to our BBQ! The lid keeps the fire contained, so all you really need to do is set it up on a non-flammable flat surface (a patio is ideal, grass not so much) and keep young children and pets away from it. The mesh also virtually eliminates any sparks or embers, and we only had a few when removing the lid to add more wood. It's expensive, but it is great quality, and I feel certain it will last for many years. My daughter is having her friends around for a marshmallow and hot dog party tonight, and this fire pit is going to be a big hit. Highly recommended!

Motorola Moto G4 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Motorola Moto G4 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Big in size, big on quality, 10 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off this is a pretty large phone - at 5.5 inches almost minil tablet size. It is also extraordinarily good value for money, which may well be as a result of Lenovo having acquired Motorola. Despite it's size the phone is surprisingly slim at just under 10mm, and featherweight in comparison with other larger phones. The Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and chip set has 2GB of RAM, and this particular model has 16GB of storage. This storage can be increased up to 128gb, which is impressive. The 3000mah battery is more than adequate, and with normal use is going to last you the whole day. I charged it to full and ran video clips until it was exhausted - just over 12 full hours of video, so not bad by any means. The 5.5 inch display has full HD resolution, excellent brightness and contrast adjustment, and it looks very nice indeed. There is a 13 megapixel rear camera, and a 5 megapixel front camera. The rear camera produces fantastic results, and the front camera is pretty good too. Call quality is very good, and the G4 is easy to use, and mostly easy to live with. I say "mostly" because this isn't the size of phone that you can just put in your trouser/jacket pocket and walk around with. You really need a handbag or a man bag. The upside of this is that it's size makes it look imposing, and it's not going to be that easy to lose or misplace. The G4 isn't waterproof or water resistant, but it is splash resistant. At this price point I'm struggling to think of a phone that comes close to rivaling the G4. What you get for the money is simply outstanding, and I can highly recommend it. The phone comes complete with charger, and very brief instructions, but it's so simple to use, you really don't need anything more to get you started. If I'm being picky there is only one thing that I wasn't 100% happy with. During prolonged use on calls, it does get quite warm. It's never uncomfortably so, but on a hot day it can be a bit annoying, I'm not sure whether this is a problem on my individual phone or not. However, it's nothing that would deter me from buying, and that's precisely what I am going to do for the wife and kids this Christmas. It makes me wonder how a manufacturer can stick an "i" in front of a product name, and charge 4 times the price.

Meguair`s G18616EU Gold Class Leather and Vinyl Conditioner Spray
Meguair`s G18616EU Gold Class Leather and Vinyl Conditioner Spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive product, 7 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Meguiar's products on my car for quite a while, and they are excellent. This leather and vinyl conditioner is no exception. I've used it on the black leather upholstery in my car, as well as on the black vinyl trim. It leaves the leather looking glossy and brand new. It works just as well on vinyl. I have a dull whiteish patch on one of my black vinyl armrests, and no matter what I have put on it, the white still comes through. I sprayed a small quantity of Meguiars on, worked it well, and then re-coated after 30 minutes, and it has disappeared. I have also treated out black leather sofas and chairs, and the results were fantastic again. Our dog has a habit of rubbing himself along the bottom of our chairs, and it has left a brown mark where the grease comes out of his coat. Once again, the Meguiars has not only removed this mark, but left the leather in tip top condition, and with a lovely sheen to it. One word of caution, be careful to wipe off all the excess spray, and make sure you treat the entire surface you are working on. If you don't, you can be left with spots of overspray, and small areas that might get missed stick out like a sore thumb. Other than that it is an excellent product, and although it isn't cheap, it works far better than other leather and vinyl conditioners we have tried. Worth the extra money and highly recommended.

Brabantia BBEK1031-R 4-Slice Toaster, 1800 W, Red/Brushed Stainless Steel
Brabantia BBEK1031-R 4-Slice Toaster, 1800 W, Red/Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and well built, 5 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this to replace my ageing Brabantia 4 slice toaster, which has served me well for many years. It's a stunning looking toaster, well built, with a lovely brushed chrome effect, and gorgeous red paint job. The slots are extra wide to accomodate bagels, crumpets,home cut bread etc, and there is a clever feature built into the toaster that will only toast the cut side of the bagel when this setting is selected. You also have a defrost button to toast from frozen, a reheat to make cold toast nice and warm again. There are two variable toasting controls (one for each two slice segment of the toaster) and these allow you to vary the toasting results between barely brown, to a very dark brown. The toaster is easy to clean, and has two crumb trays that can be pulled out from their slots underneath, and emptied. The only downside is that it is expensive to buy, but it works extremely well, and it is extremely stylish. It looks great in my new kitchen, and I'm now looking to buy other small appliances of the same colour to match it. I'm very pleased with it.

Salter 144 WHSVDR Extended full view dial mechanical bathroom scale
Salter 144 WHSVDR Extended full view dial mechanical bathroom scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely scales. They look great, 5 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like these scales. They are big and chunky, and most important, a traditional mechanical design . The nice big dial gives your weight in stones/pounds or kilograms, although it isn't that easy to accurately read the pounds scale with the markers being so close together. A couple of downsides I have noticed:-- 1. I have needed to reset the scales after each weigh, as the needle does not return to zero, and 2. In common with most mechanical scales, when you stand on them you must keep still. If you move, or bend down slightly to read your weight, the needle will fluctuate by several pounds. So, not as accurate as digital scales, and not as easy to read, but a whole lot more attractive, and they don't require new batteries every few months. I'm really pleased with them, and they look great in my bathroom. I would have awarded five stars, but I find having to reset them to zero constantly is rather annoying. Not sure if this set might have a minor fault, and that maybe it will disappear with continued use.

Bourjois Volume Reveal Waterproof Mascara
Bourjois Volume Reveal Waterproof Mascara
Offered by Faith Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, lovely thoughtful packagng, 4 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I regularly use Bourjois lip glosses, sticks and foundation, but have never tried their mascara before. This comes in a very attractive triangular shaped container, with a little magnifying mirror built into the side, which is very handy for checking whilst applying. This mascara certainly adds volume, and is good consistency, making it easy to apply without clumping. I have tested the waterproof claims in a swimming pool, and it stays on well without running. It looks great, and lasts all day, whilst being easy to remove. It's good value too, so I will definitely be investing in more from their mascara range in future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20