Profile for Jim Browning > Reviews

Content by Jim Browning

Jim Browning "rj" (British Columbia Canada)

The Voyages of the Princess Matilda
The Voyages of the Princess Matilda
by Shane Spall

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that reads like a conversation between friends., 6 Mar. 2012
Straight off the top..I live in Canada. One day while exploring the offerings of the internet I accidentally stumbled upon a UK television program called, "Timothy Spall: Somewhere At Sea". Being a fan of Mr. Spall, and all things nautical, I found myself captivated by the adventures of the actor, his lovely wife Shane, and their Dutch barge, the Princess Matilda. Their adventures afloat, their dynamic relationship, and the beauty of the United Kingdom have kept me entranced and entertained from episode to episode.

That being said, I was overjoyed to be able to order "The Voyages Of The Princess Matilda", and read the background story that lead to this epic adventure. I devoured the book in a 24 hour period of time. I could not put it down. The lovely Mrs. Spall skillfully weaves together the stories of their boating life and the heart wrenching tale of their fight against Tim's leukemia diagnosis. I was halfway through the book when I realized that I was indeed reading the story and not, as it truly felt, hearing all this information being told to me by a close friend. As many times as I laughed out loud I equally felt myself close to tears.

If Mrs. Spall takes it upon herself to write another book I would not hesitate in the least to purchase it sight unseen.