Profile for Jenny > Reviews

Content by Jenny

Jenny (East Yorkshire)

Royal School of Needlework Blackwork (Essential Stitch Guides)
Royal School of Needlework Blackwork (Essential Stitch Guides)
by Becky Hogg
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

5.0 out of 5 stars Super introduction to Blackwork, 28 July 2013
I have nearly finished my blackwork cushion cover but I have become addicted to blackwork and will be looking around for another project very soon. This book inspired me from the history at the beginning of the book to the complexities of the patterns towards the end. I enjoyed the feeling that embroiderers were stitching in this style making Queen Elizabeth I gowns in the 16th Century!

Bags--The Modern Classics: Clutches, Hobos, Satchels & More
Bags--The Modern Classics: Clutches, Hobos, Satchels & More
by Sue Kim

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing book, 28 July 2013
I have given this bag only 2 stars because it was below my expectations. This is a basic manual for a beginner to bag making which did not include any new ideas. The bags themselves were all very similar in design and to me it was only the bright colours of the fabric used which made any impact. I expected more innovative designs and styles from a book of this price.

The instructions were clear however and patterns were included so I am sure sewing novices would be the target customers.

Panasonic DMR-EX79EB-K Freeview+ 250GB Hard Disc Drive 1080p Upscaling DVD Recorder

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent machine - but the ads are unnecessary!, 19 Jan. 2010
Having resisted the idea of yet another black box under my TV, I finally succumbed just before Christmas, and bought the Panasonic DMR-EX79EB-K Freeview and 250gB HDD and DVD recorder. It has proved to be an excellent buy with easy to navigate instructions for recording and deleting etc. The ads that take up one third of the menu screen are a distraction and a bigger memory screen would be preferable, but presumably someone is paying somebody for the priviledge! However I can live with the ads, and if you want an excellent HDD recorder, look no further!