Profile for maire bourke > Reviews

Content by maire bourke

maire bourke

SILK SLEEP EYE MASK SET WITH 2 SETS OF EARPLUGS & TRAVEL POUCH. Ideal Eye Mask For Men And For Women - Ideal For Travelling - Get Some Sleep Wherever You Are - No Need For Sleeping Pills.
Offered by GirlZone UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended., 30 Aug. 2016
The plastic mask made my eyes sweat and gave me a headache. Not recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2016 9:30 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap material, 26 May 2014
what does "sold by the metre"mean? We telephoned to find out and discovered they would sell us seven metres in one length.
Excellent service.

Size: ONE SIZE - Fits 50mm (2") Belts & Straps | Colour: BLACK | Use: VIPER SECURITY BELT BUCKLE
Offered by Kit Master Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Too strong to release easily, 26 May 2014
Not easy to release. We are hoping that it will become easier with use. Obviously designed for a MALE policeman with huge hands

ELIZABETH BENNET'S SURPRISING VISIT
ELIZABETH BENNET'S SURPRISING VISIT

2.0 out of 5 stars American Elizabeth, 22 Feb. 2014
All the Americanisms and faulty spelling were very annoying. No sense of period whatsoever. Very sad waste of author's time.

The Tale of Genji (Dover Thrift Editions)
The Tale of Genji (Dover Thrift Editions)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best translation, 15 Jan. 2013
Don't bother with any other translation than Waley's. I tried one by a Japanese translator and it was awful. I first read this novel twenty years ago and liked it, now that I am older I love it. For anyone interested in Japanese culture this is the perfect holiday read.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

3.0 out of 5 stars improvements please, 8 Nov. 2011
Would it be possible to arrange for one set of page turners to be locked/unlocked? I am having trouble because of mistakenly turning the page forward or back with the hand holding the Kindle. In fact it is driving me mad.

Also, it is a great pity that the screen is not backlit so one can read when the light is off (partner asleep!)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2011 4:18 PM GMT

Ship of Fools: How Stupidity and Corruption Sank the Celtic Tiger
Ship of Fools: How Stupidity and Corruption Sank the Celtic Tiger
by Fintan O'Toole

5.0 out of 5 stars Its all true, 30 July 2010
I was there at the time. Although we ordinary folk suspected that paper envelopes were being passed, no-one knew for sure. Mind you, there was plenty of talk.
To read Fintan O'Toole"s revelations - in which all the guilty parties are named - makes one feel sick. Sick at the blind hypocrisy we were all guilty of. How we admired those brave enough to "get away with it". How paying taxes was like a game - a game in which the winner paid least. Now we know that the game brought the country to its knees and every single one of us is suffering because of it.
I beg anyone who cares about decency, about democracy and about integrity to read this book.
Fintan O'Toole is rubbing our noses in it, and so he should. If Ireland is ever to hold up its head again, then we need to face the reality of what went on and what must never ever be allowed to happen again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2010 4:44 PM BST