Profile for Patrick Quirke > Reviews

Content by Patrick Quirke

Patrick Quirke "murt1987" (Ireland)

Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD]
Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Fox
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 or 5 stars??????, 1 July 2006
First off I'd like to say that this package is a total rip off, it seems like all american tv shows are now put in two parts rather than one full package here in europe.

Anyway, I found it hard to give the first half of season two 5 stars mainly because it was very slowly paced. Admittedly there were a few outstanding episodes in the first thirteen epsiodes but it didn't have that special feeling I had with the whole first season. Dont get me wrong, this is lost at its very best but it just feels different after what we discover in the first episode. You'll know what I mean when you see it. The mystery of THAT particular thing was gone and it then took quite a few epsiodes to get that feeling back for me.

Four stars for the first half of the series but if the second half continues the way it has so far(3 episodes left), it looks like a 5 for the whole season.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

2.0 out of 5 stars Whats all the fuss about?, 5 Mar. 2006
Honestly, I only bought this album because of all the hype and sales its been getting. The album certainly isn't bad but why so many people have bought this, I'll just never know. Not a bad album but definitly not a good album.

Shield: Season 4 [DVD] [2002] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Shield: Season 4 [DVD] [2002] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by M and N Media US

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good season but......, 17 Jan. 2006
I think season 4 and season 3 aswell just falls short of the first two great seasons. The big talking point in this series is the inclusion of Glenn Close who plays the new captain and also the new villain played by Anthony Anderson. The plotline in season 4 is just a little bit boring for me. Anothony Andersons role in the series was enjoyable but I feel it played out too long and drawn out just to keep Anderosn in the show till the end. At the begining I didn't really get/like the Captain Rawlings(Close) character but I have to say I began to like her especially towards the end.
I miss the good old days when the strike team were knocking down doors and doing their dirty business but there is very little of that now. This season the strike team are not together anymore and without them the show doesn't feel the same as before.
Anyway, I still think the season was very good. I actually loved the Glenn Close and Anthony Anderson character and the whole storyline with Shane and a lot more but I dont want to spoil it for you. I think my review comes out more negative than anything else because Im comparing this to seasons 1 and 2 which were far superior in my view. Dont let my negatives put you off this as it is one of the most unique TV shows ever made. From my understanding this is just the beginning of the best were gonna see from the show, the way the season ended and also from what I hear about season 5, it seems its gonna be back to its best.
Oh yeah, this season 4 and season 3 better be released here in Europe, we're suffering out here.

Casino (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Casino (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert De Niro
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodfella's but in Las Vegas, 30 July 2005
This film is unbelievable, it has so many similarities to Goodfella's from the cast, the Director and the story. Difference is its set in Las Vegas when the mafia ruled the roast out there. If you loved Goodfella's which I do, you will absolutly love this. I wish I had heard of this film earlier because it really is a masterpiece. By the way, I still think Goodfella's is my favourite film of all time, this come a very surprisingly close second. I honeslty didn't expect it to be anything close to it, but it did. Great stuff.

The Massacre: Special Edition
The Massacre: Special Edition
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to this a few times and you'll love it, 15 April 2005
I can honestly say that this is definitly better than his first album. It might have taken me about five or six times to listen to it before I liked more it but dont let that put you off. Whatever you do, don't just listen to this once or twice and start dissing this album cause you didn't give it a good enough chance. I agree that its downfall is that the album is not an instant likeable album but its definitly a grower.

Shield: Season 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Shield: Season 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by SKYETORI

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show,good season 3, 24 Feb. 2005
I am a huge fan of this series and although I do not have this DVD YET, I can say that season 3 is a very solid season but unfortunatly does not beat the first two. Having said that, it is definitly better than your average TV shows and on the plus side, the first two seasons were some of the best TV I have ever seen in my life and season 3 does an excellent job in keeping the grittiness of the first two going. If you have the first two seasons on DVD, I highly reccomend this. There are some scenes and storylines that will just blow you away but I wont say cause I'll spoil it for you. Anyway, buy this now.