Profile for Louisa > Reviews

Content by Louisa

Louisa "Louisa" (England, UK)

Ready For The Weekend
Ready For The Weekend

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 4 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Ready For The Weekend (Audio CD)
If you are considering buying this album because you've heard his singles I'm Not Alone, Dance Wiv Me and Ready For The Weekend and liked them, you should definitely buy this because the rest of the album is just as good, if not better, than those singles! Also, if you like his older songs, buy Ready For The Weekend - it's his best album by far.
It's very catchy as per usual for his songs, all the songs are great (there isn't one song on the whole album that I don't like) and the music is so good you'll find yourself humming it all day. Calvin has definitely not let us down (I was waiting for this album to come out ever since I first discovered him!) and I hope any albums he releases in the future will be as good and fun as this one!

Georgia's Book of Wisdomosity (Confessions of Georgia Nicolsn)
Georgia's Book of Wisdomosity (Confessions of Georgia Nicolsn)
by Louise Rennison

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Georgia fans (:, 4 Sept. 2009
My friends and I all bought copies of this when it came out a few months back and, well, we all love it! As a fan of the earlier books in the Georgia Nicolson series, I definitely recommend buying this book as it is as good as the other books in the series and gives great advice for teenage girls like me about all kinds of things related to the stuff we like to read and think about. I carry it around in my bag pretty much always and it never gets boring to read. If you like the series and the stuff Georgia talks/complains about, you'll definitely love Georgia's Book of Wisdomosity!

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
by Louise Rennison

2.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointing, 4 Sept. 2009
I've read every book in the Georgia Nicolson series, and loved them all until the end of Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers, because I loved how much fun they were and how, as a teenage girl myself, I could understand the stuff she was complaining about. The film Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging was great too.
After Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers though, the books started to get dissapointing in several ways. The final book, Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?, was no exception, in fact it highlighted the problems my friends and I all thought of the last few books.
The main thing that was annoying was that Louise Rennison appeared to have realized by now that people were definitely going to buy her book as soon as it came out, and had kind of stopped trying to make an effort with her books, but was now just writing random and pointless things because she knew that people would buy them and therefore she would be making money no matter what she wrote!
Instead of being hilarious and witty as were the first books in the series, Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? was dull and pretty repetative, and after 100 pages the plot still hadn't kicked in - instead Georgia was rambling on about nothing in particular, making me think "When is this book really going to start?"
I did read till the end though, and was left feeling pretty dissapointed. Though a few of my friends enjoyed it, most felt the same way as I did - let down by Louise Rennison!!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 April 2009
I'm giving this 2 because in its short life it was a good camera. The pictures and videos were all excellent quality and the only slightly annoying thing about it was that when viewing the photos I'd taken, it played them back to me so slowly that in around 30 seconds I could only look at around 8 pictures. Other than that, no complaints.
Until of course, it died. About 8 weeks after getting it, it started freezing when I tried to delete or view a picture, so I'd have to take out the batteries then put them back in again. Shortly after that, it just died. Very disappointing, won't be buying this again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2009 6:19 PM BST