Profile for Fishbuff > Reviews

Content by Fishbuff

Fishbuff "badgerchops"

CamKix Screen / Battery Extension Frame Mount for GoPro Hero 4 Black and Silver, 3 and 3+ / USB, HDMI, and SD Slots Fully Accessible - Light and Compact Housing for Your Action Camera - For Use With LCD and Battery BacPacs - Includes 1 Large Thumbscrew / 1 Tripod Mount / 1 Rubber Lens Cap / 1 UV Filter Lens Protector
Offered by ECO-FUSED UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It allows better audio performance because the microphone is open, 4 April 2016
This frame mount enables you to mount your GoPro on all the accessories without having to use the full waterproof perspex housing. It allows better audio performance because the microphone is open. This mount also allows access to the power socket so it can be used whilst attached to the mains, invaluable for long exposure/time lapse photography etc. Obviously though, it isn't waterproof!
This item is sold at less than half the price of the GoPro equivalent and works just the same. Highly recommended piece of kit

Womens/Ladies Christmas Design Reindeer/Snowman Winter Hooded Onesie (UK 10-12 EURO 38-40) (Beige)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Dec. 2015
Nice bit of Christmas fun. Very warm. Antlers are a bit flimsy otherwise would have been a five star.

Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
by Mark Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal, 4 April 2015
I haven't finished it yet, I'm halfway through the eight week course. My initial thoughts are that this could be the most important book I've ever read. What I like about it is the way the author(s) present everything. There are explanations of why such-and-such works, backed up by the science and presented in an easily readable way. It never seems to get too bogged down in the heavy stuff so you don't need a degree to understand it all. The exercises on the attached CD are delivered in a lovely, soft spoken English accent, which seems to lend so much more credence to overall package. (I was worried it would have been delivered by some airy-fairy Californian hippy chick!). The results so far have have been tangible. I feel better and I have learned a new escape mechanism for when things are getting a bit frantic.
I am cautiously optimistic that this book could herald the beginning of a whole new me! My wife will be pleased!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 April 2015
It sucks!

Wild Animal Gift Ornament Figurine Elephant and Baby Calf
Wild Animal Gift Ornament Figurine Elephant and Baby Calf

5.0 out of 5 stars She was delighted with it, 4 April 2015
Bought as a present for my wife. She was delighted with it. It's a good size and the fine detailing is excellent.Both elephants are really lifelike (I've seen some where the eyes just did't look right, but these are perfect) and It was sent well packaged so stood up well to the rigors of the delivery system with no ill effects. Highly recommended

Victorinox - Chefs Knife Plain Edge Wood
Victorinox - Chefs Knife Plain Edge Wood
Offered by pierre johan

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Jan. 2015
This was a gift but I already own one. BBrilliant blade and quality knives.

Buddhism: for Beginners: A Practical Guide to Mindfulness & Awakening for a Fulfilling Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but ..., 26 Dec. 2014
The basic content is okay, albeit widely availabe elsewhere. My problem with this book (kindle edition) is that there are typos all over the place and it just doesn't have a 'quality' feel about it. That said of courselves I did pay less than a quid for it!

Every Inch of the Way; My Bike Ride Around the World
Every Inch of the Way; My Bike Ride Around the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Just another "I cycled around the world" story ......., 6 Feb. 2014
Well yes, I suppose. However, this is a lovely book. It's well written, in an easily digested way, and you don't have to rush off to the thesaurus to understand what he is trying to say. It is written with the author's sometimes wide-eyed innocence of the splendors of our planet, from vastness of natural beauty, like the Grand Canyon or the man made triumphs of human endeavors, like the Hoover Dam or the Great Wall of China, to the simple kindness of strangers who invite him into their humble homes and feed him and require nothing in return save knowing they've helped a stranger. The author is often insightful into the way we, as humans in the modern world, are missing out on so much because we hurtle headlong without a care for anything but our own immediate lives, which includes all the quick fixes we've become so dependent on.

It is good to read something that makes me stop and think. It is good to read something that makes me want to get on my bike and get out there and discover.

Highly recommended and a most enjoyable read

Schwalbe City Jet 26X1.5 Wired Tyre with Puncture Protection Skinwall 570g (40-559) - Black
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Superfast city tyres, 19 April 2012
I bought these a couple of months ago having decided that I would use my mountain bike for my daily commute. I wasn't getting enough use out of my bike on the trails and did most of my miles on the road so it made sense to change the tyres rather than continue to struggle with slow rolling MTB tyres. The difference was immediate and dramatic. They are super-fast and pedaling up the local hills is just so much easier. Coming down them again is a blast too!
After a trip out a few days ago, I pulled a 1 inch length of wire out which had become embedded in the rubber. The anti-puncture enhancements of these tyres is really excellent. I'm sure I'd have had a flat on 'normal' tyres.
Word of caution though, they are genuinely useless off road as you might expect. Did a trip along a canal towpath last weekend and in a couple of muddy sections the bike was all over the place! But if you're going to be just on the roads, and you have 26" wheels, these little beauties will serve you well. I thoroughly recommend them.