Profile for A.H m/ > Reviews

Dvd ~ Mamoru Kanbe
Offered by Urban-Gadgets

3.0 out of 5 stars A good series with things not for me., 14 Aug. 2016
Elfen lied.

I watched Elfen lied years ago at a friends recommendation and really enjoyed the story and the brutality of the series but there where annoyances.
Now I'm older I decided to get the anime while it was on offer as in the past I liked it. There are things I liked and things that where just unnecessary.
I like story even if it's not the most original. The story is a gory anime with lots of blood and violence with Limbs flying all over the place. I like the violent hyer gore as they say. The characters back story's are all well played out and interesting. The animation is smooth and full of the usual charm of anime. The fight scenes are interesting and there are a good amount in the series.
The middle ground
The English voice acting for most of the actors is well done and easy to watch compared to most animes with English voice Dub. There all full of emotion and energy for the most part. There is one charictor that annoys me a lot for the voice acting and that's Lucy ( nue). As Lucy she is fantastic and nue she just annoys. I know she is supposed to have reverted to a younger development but she is just plain annoying.
The Un necessary
I don't really like nudity in anime it's pointless and rather embarrassing. A little is fine if it's done tastefully but when it's done to just get attention by teenage boys it is not needed. The sexual situations and commenters that are again not needed. It's all as they say fan service to get a teenage audience. I am not keen on the over sexed side of anime I like a good story and art style.

This series has a good story at a good pace and is a fun violent anime with good meaning and morels just loses a few starts for the rather embarrassing and in needed sexualisation and nudity. In this series it's over the top and not used for the sake of the story apart from a few times,
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2016 11:51 PM BST

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Limited Edition Dark Side Artwork Sleeve) [Blu-ray ] [2015]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford
Offered by Coolest Bargains

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm a little unsure., 12 Jun. 2016
I'm really unsure on this film I like it but I also don't.

The film is fan service through and through. Nods to all the old films and lore and it is slowly added throuought the film.
The acting is well done with odd actors that I just don't agree with as the casting. Would rather have not seen the face of the main villain. Earth Vader was so good because he was obscure and never seen. If one thing I would have liked for them to copy it would have been that for atleast this one film.
The special effects are as you would expect from starwars and follows tradition. Each film utilises the best CGI of the time.

Now the not so great. Spoilers

The film feels stale and a rehash of start wars episode 4. The plot is very similar but on a larger scale.
I would also have left the last scene from the film for the next film as it feels a little tacked on to this one.
I hope the next one try's more for originality apnow they have got the fan service out of the way,

I'm very mixed on this.

Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 9

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice ff9 soundtrack., 4 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Final Fantasy 9 (Audio CD)
I do this the prices these go for is a little high.and that's the same for all game soundtracks. But I payed 29 for a new copy and I think it's well worth that. 4 disks worth of music that are close to an hour a piece.

Of your looking at this then you know what the music is like with is classical orchestral score with flourishes of electronics.

Not all the songs are great but there all short from a minuet to about 5 max.

The cd case is similar to that of the game. This comes in a card Sleave and a nice booklet with movie art and the track listing plus some info and lyrics. Nice set

Tunnel Blanket
Tunnel Blanket

4.0 out of 5 stars Low mood album that grew on me., 16 May 2016
This review is from: Tunnel Blanket (Audio CD)
When i first got this album..i was disappointed with it. I found it to be a slow. Quiet and boring listen. BUT

Over the past few years the album has really grown on me.
The tracks are less rock oriented and more ambiance driven. There are less leads and the precution is stripped back. The tracks have some movement bit not alot.

This album os not for everyone and is a musy listen before you buy expecially if you have listened to there first ep and album. Its a big departure. There are eliments of old in here but few and far between.
I find if i feel low this album makes me sit back and think. As i have grown with it i apreceate the mood it sets and love the album.

Room
Room
by Emma Donoghue

4.0 out of 5 stars Writen in s different way to most but well worth a read., 12 May 2016
This review is from: Room (Paperback)
I watched the film on Monday. Wanted to see how different the book was. So picked that up late Tuesday and finished it Thursday.

I am the kind of person who reads a little bit at a time so a book lasts me ages. This has lasted me 3 days.

The story is slow paced on many ways but is enough to keep you interested. It is split into 5 long parts that creeps a steady flow with no chapters.

The writing of the book is a little different as it's from the perspective of a 5 year old child who dose not know the world. I found this hard to get into at first and re read parts over to make sense of it but I soon got used to it and found it fine.

The story is good and gripping and is less on suspense more on emotion and feelings. It's not normally my kind of book but the crime element and the more realistic conduct in the end kept me hooked.

I found the book a good read. I like the film slightly more for some reason. But the book is well worth a read. The book and the film. Make you think about how victims feel after there ordeal.

Room [DVD] [2016]
Room [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Brie Larson

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a watch at the least. In my top 3 films., 10 May 2016
This review is from: Room [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
Room.

I watched the film before I read the book but after watching this film I was hooked. I got the book the day after and read it within 2 days and for how I normally read books that's very good for me.

Story
The story (minor spoilers of you know nothing about book or film) of room is a simple premise of a woman who is kidnapped as a teen is kept in a room by her kidnapper. She has a child called Jack and the book starts on his 5th birthday. The film for the first half is how they live in room and the imagination of a small child in an enclosed space. It looks at the affect the situation has on ma from a child's perspective. How ma has kept Jack happy in room and finally the escape attempt. The second half is the dealing with freedom from the eyes of a boy who never knew of the outside world apart from the snip its of TV and adjusting back into life by ma.

Actors
The actors in this film are brilliant. Ma is a character of a full emotional range her expressions and movements tell you her feeling before she speaks. She portrays a desperate and loving mother with a flawless performance. Jack was 7 or 8 when filming room and for such a young age he is amazing. He plays the emotional scenes very well showing his anger, sadness, fear in a realistic way. His performance during the first scenes of escape are just perfect and really powerful.

Cinematography
The way the film is shot is stunning. Considering the first half of the film is in a room with one skylight it is easy to tell if it is day or night from the lighting. There is no need to tell you if a day has passed as the set and lighting give that away easy enough. The room set looks lived in and feels realistic. Some shots are very artistic in and outside of room such as the sunlight from the skylight. The quick cuts to help with time passage. The film is amazingly shot using both close up shots and long shots even in smaller spaces.

Tasteful
Considering the film is about kidnapping, rape and abuse the film is not violent or depraved. There is some violence but it is very very minimal one quick scene that last seconds. There is no rude scenes between ma and old Nick on screen it is done tastefully so you know what's happening but not seeing it. The film is all shot from the eyes of an innocent child and works beautifully.

The film leaves you with a funny feeling. It is both sad and uplifting. It is a film that makes you think how this could happen anywhere as seen all over the world with the cases that influenced the book and film.
This film is very moving and I don't normally feel moved by films the only one that moved me was the hunt as you seen the depths of depression. One scene in particular made me feel sad yet smile was the escape with the use of this will destroy you as a soundtrack. In my top 3 films.

Rosewood Jolly Doggy Giggle Dog Toy Ball
Rosewood Jolly Doggy Giggle Dog Toy Ball

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but not sturdy., 8 May 2016
A destructive dog will shred it in a small amount of time like my puppy did. A few hours it lasted.

King of Flash Sports Armbands Running Bike Cycling Gym Jogging Ridding Arm Band Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII S4 Ace2 iPhone 3G 3GS 4 4S 5, HTC One Blackberry And For Various Mobile Phones - Tie Phone With Your Arm (Grey)
Offered by KING OF FLASH

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not for those with less muscle mass., 8 May 2016
Well made. Holds well

The screen cover was bent so now won't go flat.
A little big for those with smaller arms. A little lose on me but not by much.

CreatValu Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 Case ,Slim Wallet Leather Flip Book Case With Stand Function,[Card Slots] Leather Case Cover [Magnetic Closure] Secure Lock for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015- Color Gold

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really fit, 8 May 2016
The colour and material is good. But the phone is lose in the case so prone to falling out.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, looks amazing but has pulls due to bag., 16 April 2016
The look is amazing. Bright and colourful, the pockets hold everything I need it to. The material feels comfortable and fits well.
My only con is I where a camal pack as I go for a long time and also go up the tracks and trails so need to Carry rather a lot. This has resulted in the material pulling for some unknown reason so there are pulls to the sides under the arms where the straps are.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9