Profile for David A. Novak > Reviews

Content by David A. Novak

David A. Novak "David Novak" (Lorain, Ohio)

Luther's Lute
Luther's Lute

5.0 out of 5 stars Rare Beauty, 17 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Luther's Lute (Audio CD)
A recording of rare and delicate beauty. I recommend it to anyone with an passion in period music for lute or counter-tenor. When I have it on in the car, the noise of the day disappears and magic happens.

The Sacred Spirit of Russia - Conspirare
The Sacred Spirit of Russia - Conspirare

5.0 out of 5 stars New Old Music, 12 Mar. 2014
While I have some experience in liturgical music, I always learn more than I think I know. This recording provided new music and it is performed in a way that evokes and inspires. It is splendid. It rates very high on my personal tingle meter.

Alec Cobbe: Designs for Historic Interiors
Alec Cobbe: Designs for Historic Interiors
by Julius Bryant

5.0 out of 5 stars Interior Spirit, 12 Mar. 2014
I bought this booklet to investigate Cobbe's insight into historic interior. While I hoped there might be more information concerning libraries (I am a librarian of a special collections library) I found the book a mother load of insight and information that was helpful for me. I am pleased to have this booklet in my library.

My Memories of Six Reigns
My Memories of Six Reigns
by H.H.Princess Marie Louise

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 7 Dec. 2013
I begant to research this volume when I was researching the library collections of the Queens's Dolls' House. Princess Marie Louise is the most amazing catalyst for one of the most amazing libraries in the 20th century. Her Memoirs are the unexpected rabbit hole into the imagination of her world. I cannot use words to express a delight I feel so deeply.
David

The Illustrated Christmas Cracker
The Illustrated Christmas Cracker
by John Julius Norwich

5.0 out of 5 stars Double-Jolly, 7 Dec. 2013
Lord Norwich's Christmas Crackers have delighted me for years; the illustrations have brought me even more delight. One wonders why his Commplace books have not been illustrated before. I wish there were more, many more. Thank you, Lord Norwich.

David

The 30-Minute Cook
The 30-Minute Cook
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum, Yum, 20 May 2013
This review is from: The 30-Minute Cook (Paperback)
Great book and much wit. Mr Slater is a witty cookbook writer and I appreciate his commnets as I slowly enter into the recipes with him. It arrived ahead of schedule. Thank you!

Spoils of Poynton [DVD]
Spoils of Poynton [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pauline Jameson
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy!, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Spoils of Poynton [DVD] (DVD)
I remember watching this film version of the "Spoils of Poynton" as a young man. It is a wonder to see it without the commericals. The DVDs arrived in perfect condition. Thank you.

The Big Bang: Christmas Crackers 2000-2009
The Big Bang: Christmas Crackers 2000-2009
by John Julius Norwich

5.0 out of 5 stars commonplace, 15 Jan. 2011
I collect commonplace books and I find Norwich's series of them among the most delightful and fun. They inform, amuse and surprise me.