Profile for Augusta Rieber Munir > Reviews

Content by Augusta Rieber...

Augusta Rieber Munir "Certified Soul Coach(R) -SCOCR" (Istanbul, Turkey)

Page: 1 | 2
Kindling the Native Spirit: Sacred Practices for Everyday Life
Kindling the Native Spirit: Sacred Practices for Everyday Life
by Denise Linn

5.0 out of 5 stars ANCIENT SPIRIT WISDOM AND PRACTICE FOR US TODAY, 1 Jan. 2016
Having read and worked with most of Denise Linn's books since many years I have been eagerly waiting for this one. Denise is the founder of the International Soul Coaching(R) Institute, CA and is of Native American Cherokee lineage.
In this book she presents her own Native heritage and her quest of discovering practices and customs, rituals and wisdom within many ancient tribes and cultures around the globe.

From healing practices of Hawai'an kahunas to life in a Tibetan monastery, from being adopted by the Aborigines, spending time with the Maoris, the African Zulu healer and 'seer' Credo Mutwa, from meeting healers in Vietnam and Thailand, the Mayan Yukatan and Lapland - Denise Linn's research and knowledge of indigenous cultures and history is vast.
Together with her own Native roots and that of other Native American tribes and traditions Denise found differences and common elements amongst all these ancient teachings. 'Kindling the Native Spirit' is the result of a majestic project which must have taken decades of dedication.

I have often wondered about my own interest and longing of ancient traditions and rituals. Now I understand that 'Being Native isn't what's in your blood; it's what's in your soul.' (headline of one of the chapters of the above book). This has brought it home.

A few examples of chapters in the book are 'Hearing Messages from Beyond' and 'Communing With Spirit': Animals, plants, minerals and beyond'; the significance of drums, rattles, feathers, spirit sticks, vision quests, tribal dance, astral travel, shape-shifting - to name just a few..

What I love in particular are the activities and exercises that Denise offers in each chapter. Practises for us today to re-connect to our own ancient native roots and psyche.
She points out how our fast-living, high-tech world has distanced us from the soul and order of nature, and of our heritage as living beings on this planet. This book brought me back to a more soul-and spiritually fulfilling way in my daily life. In one of my favourite chapters she writes about 'Becoming an Earthkeeper', a call to awareness of the 'effects of our actions on the generations ahead'.
May we all become earth keepers.

I love Denise's style in all her books and teachings. Starkly honest with 'simplicity' at it's very best. Everything is do-able, grounded, filled with spirit, heart, and wisdom.

This book is for everyone who feels called to re-connect and integrate deeper meaning into their life today - which can ultimately have a valuable and important effect on the survival of our future generations and the earth.
Huge thanks to Denise Linn! Heya Heyoo!!
I am deeply grateful for her teachings and sharing her heritage.

( The picture shows Denise's Cherokee grandmother - from the book)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Actesso Beige Wrist Support Carpal Tunnel Splint for Sprains, Arthritis and Wrist Pain. Medically Approved, Neoprene (Medium Left)
Offered by Actesso Medical Supports Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great support!!, 25 Oct. 2015
excellent support for carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis.
Very pleased!
Am wearing it daily and also during the night.

Life Loves You: 7 Spiritual Practices to Heal Your Life
Life Loves You: 7 Spiritual Practices to Heal Your Life
by Louise L. Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars Wsidom Conversation, 25 Oct. 2015
Wisdom conversation between Louise and R. Holden.
Informal read with though-provoking parts.

Ambiology 5: Eden by Goldstein, Barry (2006-06-06)
Ambiology 5: Eden by Goldstein, Barry (2006-06-06)
Offered by FHL Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - multy-purpose ALPHA waves -meditation music, 25 Oct. 2015
Totally calming and beautiful. Ideal as background for guided meditation, and for relaxation.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!, 31 July 2015
I wear this splint every night; soft inside, comfortable, safe.
So glad I bought it.
Thx.

It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works
It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works
by David R. Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars BrillianT!!!, 7 July 2015
Brilliantly written about how mind matters - and becomes matter.
Research results, sparkling style, passion for the subject - and all life.
absolutely loooove it!!
Go and hear David H. at one of his conferences or seminars - you won't regret it - ever. and always be happy you went-and got the book :-)))

IMAK Elbow PM for Night Time Pain Relief
IMAK Elbow PM for Night Time Pain Relief
Offered by Creston

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Comfort for a suffering nerve/arm..., 7 July 2015
Brilliant because it is soft and very comfortable to wear!!

Keep Going: From Grief to Growth
Keep Going: From Grief to Growth
by Aimee DuFresne

5.0 out of 5 stars This is real love - in more than one sense..., 24 Aug. 2014
I read Aimee's book in only two sittings. It is written in a way which intertwines Aimees marriage with Ben Morgan, a love story that anyone would only dream of, their happy and fun times,travels, and incredible fondness for life.

I love the author's complete honesty in sharing intimately what she experiences in loosing first her father, and then Ben.

In a Valentine's card Ben writes to Aimee: 'When I am with you, I enter a dreamy state in which the rest of the world does not exist.'
Aimees account is of her journey through immense grief, alwasy supported by the 'message' that Ben left: 'Keep Going'. There is a feeling of great relief when Aimee makes the decision to embrace her life again.
I think it takes enormous courage to open to love again after having found and then lost it.

Aimee is in my 'Book of 'Life Masters'. The beauty in her story is to always feel that love present while now living her second marriage with such joy and radiance.
To me it is like a universal 'flow of love'. 'From Grief to Growth' -isnt that what we all can grow with, each one in our own way...
Thank you for bringing your message to the world, Aimee :-) I know that more and more magic will unfold for you and your 'Moon'. Your book gives faith that real love and JOY truly does exist - no matter what we are being given to grow.

With love
Augusta, Istanbul, Turkey

Cath Kidston Cut Roses Crush Mug, Fine China
Cath Kidston Cut Roses Crush Mug, Fine China

5.0 out of 5 stars just gorgeous, 9 Oct. 2013
We absolutely love these Cath mugs -design, quality of porcelaine, shape and size - all perfect and so pretty :-)

Soul Coaching: 28 Days to Discover the Real You: 28 Days to Discovering the Real You
by Denise Linn

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Inner and Outer Blockages-Shifting to Alignment With Your Truth, 29 Sept. 2013
Since five years I have been working with the Soul Coaching program, so beneficial it is for me. Each week is dedicated to one of the Four Elements, the ancient cosmological wisdom they withhold in our bodies and world. This was an absolute revelation to me. It made me aware of the air I breathe, the fluids in my body, transformation and dynamic fire-energies, and the final grounding and strengthening of the physical self with Earth. Clearing mental and emotional debris, detecting and healing inner shadows in my spiritual self...What beauty...
Being guided to de-clutter my home, relationships, even thought patterns - was new to me and has made me understand that I can create new space for positive shifts which have been waiting to come in. Completely new was the NON-JUDGMENTAL approach to myself - after decades of self-criticism and never feeling good enough.
Each of the 28 days includes a short, personal letter from Denise, an affirmation (they really work!!), a daily focus, and three levels of exercises for the day. These enable everyone to work accordingly to their own inclination and available time. Even if you dedicate 10-15 minutes/day you will get results. Signs and synchronicities have often shown me that even if I don't have time for a few days the program works anyway...it's magical somehow...
The diverse tasks - about a hundred at your choice - include lists for self-assessment and questions for journaling, days dedicated to Gratitude, Going slow, our true values, `energy juicers and -suckers' - to name just a few. Amongst my favourites are creating a vision board collage and the JOY Journal.
The book is your inner dialogue between whom you perceive to be me, and your truth, soul, and purpose in this life.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who feels committed to looking deeper into their soul-being and finding joy, truth, wisdom and beauty of who we really are.
For more info on Soul Coaching®; www.deniselinn.com
All my Gratitude to Denise Linn and hayhouse publishing house!

Page: 1 | 2