Profile for A. F. H. Mayne > Reviews

Content by A. F. H. Mayne

A. F. H. Mayne "speaker sticks" (Lincs u k)

Page: 1 | 2
Jean-Philippe Rameau: L'Orchestre de Louis XV (Le Concert des Nations/Jordi Savall)

4.0 out of 5 stars Things to explore., 19 Nov. 2014
This was a first excursion into French Baroque period and it is an enjoyable experience. It links well with the Telemann I purchased latterly which was good to discover. Rameau is yet to fully discovered as will be Couperon. I will be looking them up.

Corelli: 12 Concerti Grossi op6
Corelli: 12 Concerti Grossi op6

4.0 out of 5 stars Corelli as a bargain, 19 Nov. 2014
These concerti are well performed and occupy the mind in the Baroque period well. I find this set a good bargain as a two CD set and am glad to own it.

Tefal Mini Compact Food Steamer VC135215, Three Tier, 6.5 L Capacity - Black and Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars To the rescue, 16 Jan. 2014
I gave this cooker to a member of the family who had just broken an earlier model. They were thoroughly delighted and were able to get through a large Christmas meal with it in their home.It appears to be very useful. They were delighted.

You Made Me Late Again!: My New Collection
You Made Me Late Again!: My New Collection
by Pam Ayres

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift of fresh air., 16 Jan. 2014
My wife saw the on '"Countdown" and I decided to purchase it for her. She thinks that she has improved on the DVD of 2007 and I look foreword to reading it myself. Thanks the quick return.

Pam Ayres Unsupported: Live On Stage [DVD] [2007]
Pam Ayres Unsupported: Live On Stage [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Pam Ayres
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost too much., 16 Jan. 2014
I heard about her latest book and became aware of the video when purchasing the book though Amazon. It was a smart buy. I gave it to my wife and she enjoyed the simple and mischievous humour greatly. Today we had meeting of "Friends and Neighbours" at my home, and nine women roared with laughter for a half hour. You could not entertain women of a certain age to many of todays DVRs
This one did the trick.

The Lost Art of Having Fun: 286 Games to Enjoy with Family and Friends
The Lost Art of Having Fun: 286 Games to Enjoy with Family and Friends
by Gyles Daubeney Brandreth

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring back the old!, 16 Jan. 2014
This was a gift to my 50 year old son for the enjoyment with his two children. He was thrilled with it and could see its possibilities for the present and the future. I heard about it on Countdown with Gyles Brandreth. Thought you would like to know.

String Quartets
String Quartets

5.0 out of 5 stars Artemis Quartet, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: String Quartets (Audio CD)
This was a purchase for my edification. I play it on my Brahms days and it meets with my satisfaction. I recommend it to all Brahms devotees. Thanks for listing it and for the pleasure.

Highland Fayre Christmas Treats Gift Hamper Prosecco Non Vintage
Highland Fayre Christmas Treats Gift Hamper Prosecco Non Vintage

4.0 out of 5 stars Another welcomed Christmas gift., 16 Jan. 2014
This gift was thoroughly appreciated by those receiving it an we were thanked before Christmas Day.
An excellent product they said. Thanks for the idea.

Accurist Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Chronograph Display and Multicolour Stainless Steel Plated Bracelet MB1059B

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected purchase., 16 Jan. 2014
I have been considering purchasing a new watch after showering in my old one which got damp. I put off as a bit of indulgence on my part. But I was stimulated by the offers on your advertisement On handling the Chronograph I am sure I bought the correct watch for me that will last me out. That is what I needed, thank you.

Haydn: Piano Sonatas Hob. XVI:32, 34 & 42 / Fantasia, Hob XVII: 4 / Adagio, Hob XVII: 9
Offered by WORLD WIDE MEDIA MARKET

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfred does it again!, 25 Aug. 2013
This CD set was very much enjoyed and has led a purchase of the whole set by my sister to whom i gave it. Brendel deals with the sonatas in a masterful and subtle way which shows how much Beethoven owed Haydn. A good buy.

Page: 1 | 2