Profile for Zoot > Reviews

A Walk Among the Tombstones
A Walk Among the Tombstones
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film - bit violent but part of the story, 9 May 2017
Good film - bit violent but part of the story
Always good to see Liam :-)

Don't have more to say but there were minimum number of words

Operation Ironman: One Man's Four Month Journey from Hospital Bed to Ironman Triathlon

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was inspirational and funny. Loved every page and am now reading the ..., 2 May 2017
This book was inspirational and funny. Loved every page and am now reading the Free Country which is equally entertaining.

The Beardless Adventurer and her inconvenience: A first-time cycle trip across Europe

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 13 April 2017
I don't like to write negative reviews, but to me this was pretty much a moanfest - Moans about food, roads, cultures, campsites, phone companies, drivers, hills, dogs you name it Donna moans about it. For someone so well travelled I found her very narrow-minded about "differences" in other countries.
I am a cyclist and was thinking I would love the book but I hated it and only read it to the end to look for some redemption. She did seem happy towards the end but even then moaned that it was an anti-climax. I know that homour can be found in bad times but it wasn't even funny.
I always look for the positive so this was total torture to me . I also found it incredible that being such experienced travellers they managed to leave home with all the gear but no idea how many campsites were going to be closed - and to have a useless phone in the 21st century is just plain stupid.

No-One Ever Has Sex in the Suburbs: A Very Funny Romantic Novel
No-One Ever Has Sex in the Suburbs: A Very Funny Romantic Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun easy read, 31 Aug. 2015
Great fun easy read. Probably be ideal for new mums and dads if only they had the time to read.

FileMaker Pro 12: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
FileMaker Pro 12: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool, 8 Aug. 2012
If you are looking for a great Filemaker resource -this is it as far as I am concerned.
I only downloaded this book yesterday and in 1/2 hour I have learned or been reminded of some amazing time saving tips. Having as a kindle version is also brilliant as it means I always have it with me (even if only on iphone) also am able to annotate it so I can find the bits that were important to me without having to make notes on scraps of paper.
This book is really well written and I would imagine it being of benefit to new users as well as Power users that are referred to with extra more tehcnical tips in each chapter.
I have been developing with Filemaker "in house" for 8+ years and this is the best resource I have come accross.
The Filemaker Traiing Series is very good but I am actually finding this more "real world" and better.