Profile for L. Thompson > Reviews

Content by L. Thompson

L. Thompson "mentorartemis" (UK, North West)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Fit in 5 to 20 Minutes - Bingo Wings Blaster [DVD]
Fit in 5 to 20 Minutes - Bingo Wings Blaster [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tya Botha

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout for arms and shoulders, 6 Feb. 2014
I workout a lot to dvds at home, Jillian Michaels, Davina and now Josie Gibson. I was looking for something to help with my meaty upper arms and build up my shoulders. This dvd was great. I really love the presenter, she's clear, concise and gets on with it. The moves are explained and if you don't pay attention you might miss the first one but she does plenty to keep you going, you will soon get the hang of it.

The five minute workout had my arms feeling like they'd fall off and I am really starting to see the difference. I combine this with the ten minute workout which uses weights. I use 1.5kg dumbells and will increase that as I can. But you could use bottles of water or tins of beans if that's what you've got.

The 15 minute workout contains some cardio but the exercises again are very well explained, she also tells you where you should be feeling it during all the exercises so that you know you're actually doing it right. Something lacking in a lot of more expensive and better promoted dvds so I think this is another plus.

If you need to deal with those saggy, sloppy bingo wings, then do this workout and do it several times a week. Doing it once and moaning about how hard it is won't change your shape. Effort guys, keep going and you will see positive changes.

The Josie Gibson Diet: Love Food, Get Slim, Stay Slim
The Josie Gibson Diet: Love Food, Get Slim, Stay Slim
by Josie Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, lots of good tips and nice recipes, 31 Jan. 2014
I really enjoyed this. I haven't seen Big Brother so I had no idea who Josie was, I saw her on Channel 5's Got Thin, Got Fat Again and thought I'd give her book and dvds a go. I've been pleasantly surprised and could really relate to her angst, dramas, funny moments and laughed along with her. It's written in a conversational style so you feel like it's a chat with your best friend.

Great recipes, useful tips and lots of ideas to help you. I looked at Josie and thought 'If you can do it, I'm sure I can!' she'll be chuffed with that!

Josie Gibson's 21 Day Fat Burn [DVD]
Josie Gibson's 21 Day Fat Burn [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josie Gibson
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work, challenging and good fun, 31 Jan. 2014
Having enjoyed Jillian Michael's dvds, various Davina and a raft of others, I was keen to try this. I was already working my through through the levels on Josie's other dvd, 30 second slim, and was enjoying that immensely.
This one offers three different workouts plus a fitness test which you take each week to show your progress. The workouts are fun, challenging and with a great variety of moves. The warm ups and cool downs get you moving and then help you stretch it out afterwards. Josie talks more in this one but her accent seems less strong. I like it and I'll post more as I work my way through the workouts. My only question, a silly one perhaps, when she says work through the workouts three to four times a week? Does that mean do each workout three to four times a week (which is an hour or so a day and that's fine, I can do that lol), or is it pick one each day and work through them in rotation three to four times a week? Puzzling.
As it is, I'm doing at least two of the three each time to make faster progress and because I feel up to it. Do what you can and work on form, if they do ten and you can only manage five, then that's cool. Just try and do more next time. It's not a race, what matters is that you're doing it!

The Greatest Love Story of All Time
The Greatest Love Story of All Time
by Lucy Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a fab night in with the girls talking about a break up or new man, 23 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Brilliant! Really funny, witty, clever, some strong language but always in context I felt and great fun. You just know at the start there will be a drama, some embarassment, huge laughs and a happy ending, but you read on anyway, secure in the knowledge that it'll all work out in the end. It was bright, intelligent and an accurate portrayal of the modern dating game I felt, the social media stuff had me in fits of laughter and thinking it was just SO true. Bottle of vino, scented bubble bath and this book. Switch off the phone, your mobile and sit back and relax. Not just for the ladies, I think it has humour for both sexes but will be marketed primarily at women.

The Trade Secret
The Trade Secret
by Robert Newman

4.0 out of 5 stars Great details and period settings, but what a dull cover?, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Trade Secret (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked the attention to historical details and the various settings which were all beautifully described by the author. It's a long book to read and at times went a touch far with the story and yet at the same time had such engaging characters you could easily forgive it. The main characters would be suited to the young adult looking for a more challenging read than their usual fare. My Mother, a keen history buff in her 70s and an avid reader, absolutely loved this book and is currently trawling Amazon for more by the same author. You can't say more than that can you?

What Dies in Summer
What Dies in Summer
by Tom Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: What Dies in Summer (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a brilliant read, I couldn't put it down, literally sat up all night reading this. It's got lots to offer in terms of crime, drama, family secrets, coming of age angst and then some. The characters are well written and I was quickly absorbed with the story. It's pacy, clever twists and at times had my heart pounding faster waiting to read the next page. If this is Tom Wright's first novel, then I can't wait to see more.

Talulla Rising (The Last Werewolf 2) (The Last Werewolf Trilogy)
Talulla Rising (The Last Werewolf 2) (The Last Werewolf Trilogy)
by Glen Duncan

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever story, great plot twists and plenty of gore!, 18 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked this one, read it over a couple of evenings. At first I didn't warm to Talulla, after all she's a werewolf and a lacking a conscience at the best of times. But, she's also pregnant with her dead lover's child and is battling for survival against a shadowy force of secret government agents and a legendary vampire sect. Fast paced, interesting characters, clever plot twist and offers a lot more than the standard 'werewolf' fare of late. Can't wait to read another by this author.

Game (The Game Trilogy, Book 1)
Game (The Game Trilogy, Book 1)
by Anders de la Motte

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of your seat stuff! Highly enjoyable!, 17 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I loved it, after the first chapter I was hooked. Great characters, every increasing risk, drama and danger. Then HP's sister is dragged into The Game, will they win or lose? I read all night, yes it's sad but I did! Can't wait to read the rest of the series.

Geekhood: Close Encounters of the Girl Kind
Geekhood: Close Encounters of the Girl Kind
by Andy Robb

5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Adrian Mole?, 17 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this, funny at times, poignant and reminded me of all the teenage angst of that first crush. My teenage son thought it was a cool book (high praise indeed) and was heard laughing loudly as he read in his room. More please!

New Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar for GCSE Complete Study & Practice
New Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar for GCSE Complete Study & Practice
by CGP Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good so far, 17 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm hardly the Queen of Grammar, but I think my son and I will both learn from this. I liked the format and he (a dyslexic) found it easy to work through and understood much more of the text than I was expecting. He's better with discussion and audio learning, but this was presented well so he found it useful. Thank you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14