Profile for C. Thomas > Reviews

Content by C. Thomas

C. Thomas (Weston super Mare)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
MSI 4 GB GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4G Twin Frozr V Nvidia PCI Express Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb GFX card, 21 Dec. 2015
MSI are a respected manufacturer and when combining this with tech from NVIDIA they cannot go wrong. Plenty of configurations. Lots of tools and support from NVIDIA.
I am glad I chose this card for my Fallout4 Build

EasyAcc Mini Portable Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker with Microphone for Tablet/Laptops - Titanium Black
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money speaker with decent functionality, 21 Dec. 2015
First the good stuff.
It is audiobook & podcast compatible from SD card. You play an audiobook. You switch the device off. You switch it back on and the book continues from where it left off. This is an important function and it would do EasyAcc justice to point this out clearly on the product. Not all MP3 playing devices do this.

Clear sound. Spoken word is nice and clear. Music = impressive from a device so small.

Connectivity. Bluetooth worked perfectly with LG Phone / Samsung Phone / Asus Tablet / Raspberry Pi / Sony Smartwatch 3. The range varies if there are obstructions but line of sight was around 20 feet. Remember this will change depending on the Bluetooth technology within the connected device or dongle.

Build quality is nice. The device has sturdy buttons, a good click to the on/off switch and a nice hefty weight to it giving it a solid well-made feel.

I was unable to test the FM radio function as I could not get any channels. However I have to admit that I did not try for very long as this function does not interest me. Also most FM radios struggle where I live due to a nearby hill.

I have also not tested the phone call facility as I have no intention of using this speaker for that purpose.

The only bad thing I have to say about this product is the depth of the memory card holder. You put in a micro SD card and give it a push. However you cannot get it out again unless you have long nails or a tool (I used a teaspoon handle) to prod the card to get it to pop out again. I consider this a design flaw as if the card sat 2 mm further out it would not be an issue for people with short nails. Having to use a tool to extract the card = -1 star

I consider this speaker to be excellent value for money and I am more likely to buy a second one than a different speaker for a Raspberry Pi Project I have in mind.

Be Quiet! CM BQT L8-730W PSU Pure Power
Be Quiet! CM BQT L8-730W PSU Pure Power

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you expect (quietly), 12 Sept. 2015
It is very quiet and it provides the required power for my gaming PC.

Far Cry 4 - Standard Edition (PC DVD)
Far Cry 4 - Standard Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story fun gameplay with a few minor niggles, 12 Sept. 2015
Very good game. One annoyance is having to log into the Ubisoft online tool every time you play and if this online service goes down you cannot access any of the ingame purchases made through UPlay (such as the pistol or painted elephants). However you can still play the game in Offline mode. This has only happened once but is annoying enough to lose one star.

Rooboard Balance Board and Core & Abdominal Trainer
Rooboard Balance Board and Core & Abdominal Trainer
Offered by Surfgym

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch for the price., 12 Sept. 2015
I am in my mid 40s and have always kept fit. Appreciating that this gets more challenging as you get older I decided to get a few extra exercise tools to use at home on days when I have not had chance to go to the gym. This is great but takes some getting used to. Initially I fell off the thing every few seconds but now after daily use for a fortnight I can watch TV standing on one leg on the Rooboard while juggling with three tennis balls. Will try some of the official exercises out later but just standing on the thing makes your legs really tired and you can feel it in your core area.

MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition Motherboard
MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition Motherboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money MB, 3 Aug. 2015
This is awesome vale for money. SATA3 USB3 M.2 and 2x PCIE 3 is rare for this kind of price

Akasa AK-CBPW08-40BK Flexa P8 ATX12V 8 Pin Power Extension Cable
Akasa AK-CBPW08-40BK Flexa P8 ATX12V 8 Pin Power Extension Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for a handy cable, 3 Aug. 2015
Good price and made my cable management much easier

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I now use Noctua for all my air-cooling. Very good indeed., 3 Aug. 2015
Easy to fit on my intel MSI Krait MB. Very quiet. Does a great job of cooling my i5.
This was recommended by several online reviews and YouTube vids. Very good value for money.

Noctua NF-A15 PWM - NF-A15 PWM Fan - 140mm x 150mm
Noctua NF-A15 PWM - NF-A15 PWM Fan - 140mm x 150mm
Offered by NOCTUA - Designed in Austria

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent and powerful fans that are great value for money, 3 Aug. 2015
Noctua fans are superb. I watched several YouTube reviews on various cooling options, all of which praised the efficiency and silence of the Noctua kit.
The reviews were spot on.
Very good value for money

Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Batmobile is frustrating but the game story is very good, 3 Aug. 2015
The Batmobile is what prevented this from getting 4 or 5 stars. Its cool enough for a game vehicle but its awkward to drive and becomes more frustrating than fun.
The game story is good and if I was not forced to use the irritating batmobile so often I would have played it all the way through. As it was I stopped playing for a couple of days due to work and then never got the urge to play it again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5