Profile for Avid buyer > Reviews

Avid buyer

Uniross Universal Li-Ion Charger
Uniross Universal Li-Ion Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly universal charger, 15 Aug. 2011
There are 2 contacts held in a rail, which you move with the accompanying plastic stick, so that it touches the positive and negative terminals of the battery you want charged. The battery is also held in place in this rail by the spring loaded bottom cover and so far, I've charged 4 batteries from 4 different mobile phones. The product says it can also charge re-chargeable batteries (AA's) but I've not tried it and it comes with a mains plug as well as a cigarette lighter plug for use in the car. I intend ditching all the chargers when the family goes on holiday and just taking this and can wholeheartedly recommend the charger, especially at the price - it was nearly double this in the shops!

3 IN 1 PACK - SAMSUNG GT-i9100 GALAXY S2 / S II / SEINE - SCREEN DISPLAY PROTECTIVE COVER FILM GUARD SAVER. 3 LAYER SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by Membrane Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 17 Jun. 2011
The size doesn't exactly match the screen I'm afraid. It does cover the whole screen, right to the end (!) but as there's a very small lip on the edge of the phone, it catches on the screen protector and prevents it from sealing flat. The cut-out sections for the home button and sensors are slightly off, which while doesn't prevent them from working, again, catches the screen protector and stops it lying flat. I had to cut off a bit to make this fit with my gel case protector and there's still some air bubbles which I can't get rid of.

However, on the plus side you do get 6 screen protectors for a cheap price and on the whole, they do stick down and protect the screen and you don't see the air bubbles when you use the phone but if I knew what they were like before, I think I would've gone for another, perhaps more expensive, product.

Kingston 2GB DDR2 PC2-4200 533MHz CL4
Kingston 2GB DDR2 PC2-4200 533MHz CL4

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 April 2011
This was the cheapest memory module and it arrived within the specified time, fitted and worked without a hitch. I put it into my Toshiba NB100 netbook and it's noticeably speeded things up with no apparent stability issues. All in all, did what it said on the tin and great value.

Dynamode USB 2.0 SATA External Housing for 2.5 inch HDD
Dynamode USB 2.0 SATA External Housing for 2.5 inch HDD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 28 Mar. 2009
This is the 2nd caddy I've bought recently and this is every bit as good as my other one. The package comples complete with everything you need (including a screwdriver) for you to plug in your hard drive and you're good to go within a few minutes. The Y cable is for computers whose USB ports don't supply sufficient power for the caddy, but I've used the 'data' cable only on my laptop, my friend's laptop and my desktop computer and it's always worked fine.
It also comes with a sleeve which protects it when travelling about which I've found has saved me a few times but the fixing screws are really small and the build quality is pretty flimsy. However, I've fitted my hard drive and have no intentions of taking it out and putting a new one in for some time, so - who cares at the moment!?!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Caddy - great product, 28 Mar. 2009
The product arrived well within the delivery schedule and the package containes everything you need (with the obvious exception of the hard drive of course!) and even includes a small screwdriver. I unpacked everything and fitted my hard drive without looking at the instructions. I plugged in the 'data' USB cable and left the 'power' cable unplugged and it worked fine and my laptop (running XP SP3) found the drive and had it up and running in no time at all.
The only niggles preventing it from receiving 5 stars is that the screws are extremely small and if you drop it, good luck in finding it - however, the top is such a snug fit, that you may only need 1 anyway. The data transfer is also slightly slower than I would've really liked but I think nearly all products like this have the same trasfer rate.
On the plus side is that it's really easy to set up and use and it comes with a sleeve pocket which helps protect it when moving about. Also, I don't think you can complain much about the price which is excellent, so all things considered, I'd recommend this to anyone.