Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop now
Profile for Happy Reader 8 > Reviews

Content by Happy Reader 8

Happy Reader 8

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Kindness
The Kindness

2.0 out of 5 stars Very confusing, 6 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Kindness (Kindle Edition)
I found this book a bit of a trial, I didn't like the jumping back and forth between both characters and timescales, maybe if I had read it in one go it might have made more sense to me. Characters were confusing and although I usually like more complex stories this one beat me I'm afraid. I have gone back and read all the positive reviews which prompted me to buy it in the first place....those reviewers obviously saw more in this than I did!

Tooltime® Rotating Superbright 7 LED Motion Activated Cordless Light
Tooltime® Rotating Superbright 7 LED Motion Activated Cordless Light
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 April 2016
Excellent, works well and is considerably cheaper than the same item from the high street. Great that it doesn't need to be plugged in so very versatile.

Stolen Child - A gripping psychological thriller
Stolen Child - A gripping psychological thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 21 April 2016
This was a good story and it held me until the end. I would agree with a previous review that it was a bit too long in the middle, but there were some good twists and turns, well worth reading.

White Nights (Shetland Book 2)
White Nights (Shetland Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 21 April 2016
Excellent book, I have been working my way through these books since the TV series. Love the description of Shetland and the other Scottish islands. The mystery is not solved until the v end so kept me hooked.

Genesis (Georgia Book 1)
Genesis (Georgia Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 21 April 2016
This was an excellent thriller, only to be expected by Karin Slaughter. Kept me hooked right until the end! Not always an easy read but very realistic.
Highly recommended.

Daughters for a Time
Daughters for a Time

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read., 21 April 2016
This book was ok but I found it hard to have empathy with the rather irritating main character. I occasionally wanted to shake her and say "get a grip woman"!! The story itself was interesting but so emotion laden that I do wonder if the exercise was a method for the author to cast out her own demons.

Red Bones (Shetland Book 3)
Red Bones (Shetland Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 21 April 2016
I have enjoyed reading a couple of these books following the Shetland series on tv. I love the description of Shetland and the other islands and the fact that the eventual outcome cannot always be predicted. I will be reading more of them.

Rosacea Cream - Sea Buckthorn Anti Redness Treatment
Rosacea Cream - Sea Buckthorn Anti Redness Treatment
Offered by arganorganics

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 21 April 2016
I have been using this product for several months and it has worked well for me. I have discovered that the redness of my skin was not rosacea but a mild infection but I have continued to use the cream at night with good results. Ordering was easy and the product arrived as promised...in fact earlier than promised. My only work of caution is that the orange colour can transfer to towels and pillowcases.

Clover's Child (No Greater Love)
Clover's Child (No Greater Love)

1.0 out of 5 stars BORING!!!, 11 April 2016
I didn't get far in this book, it was very obvious and very boring, VERY lightweight reading, may suit some but I certainly like books with more depth and substance.

Mr Mercedes (The Bill Hodges Trilogy Book 1)
Mr Mercedes (The Bill Hodges Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!, 13 Jan. 2016
WOW!!! loved this book, it's been quite a while since I read a Stephen King novel but will now work my way through the most recent back catalogue. This book kept me hooked right until the end, it is excellently written as one would expect and is full of tension. The characters are extremely well drawn and I even had dreams about the book as I was reading it! Praise indeed. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10