Profile for MC in Guernsey > Reviews

Content by MC in Guernsey

MC in Guernsey

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Skechers On-the-go - Point, Women's Trainers, Black (Bbk), 4 UK (37 EU)
Skechers On-the-go - Point, Women's Trainers, Black (Bbk), 4 UK (37 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 21 May 2016
Would suggest going for 1/2 size smaller than usual. My problem though is that I ordered them in black, and the invoice says black, but they came in navy. I kept them anyway.

AmazonBasics Microfibre Fitted Sheet, Super King - White/Cream
AmazonBasics Microfibre Fitted Sheet, Super King - White/Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery and good packaging (the transparent plastic bag with zip will be ..., 31 Jan. 2016
Prompt delivery and good packaging (the transparent plastic bag with zip will be very useful to get my liquids through airport security). A bit flimsy but at this price it is to be expected, however I am using it in the spare room so it's fine.

Adamlinens Luxury 68 Pick White Base Valance sheet Super King
Adamlinens Luxury 68 Pick White Base Valance sheet Super King
Offered by Adamlinens

4.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery and sturdy packaging. A bit flimsy, 31 Jan. 2016
Prompt delivery and sturdy packaging. A bit flimsy, but at this price it is to be expected; I am using it in the spare room so it's fine.
I washed it before use (it may or may not have shrunk a bit, I don't know) but I joined together 2 single beds (90 cm each) and the measurement is perfect. It would have been nice to have a wider choice of colours.

An Appetite for Murder: A Frances Doughty Mystery (The Frances Doughty Mysteries Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as the previous ones, 4 Sept. 2014
I really liked the previous 3 Francs Doughty novels; I wasn't as pleased with this one, I found the plot a bit to difficult to follow. However, the level of research the author puts into all her books is incredible!

Dangerous Waters: Contemporary Romantic Mystery (The Guernsey Novels Book 1)
Dangerous Waters: Contemporary Romantic Mystery (The Guernsey Novels Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, I'm afraid., 4 Sept. 2014
As someone else already wrote, I also live in Guernsey and found the description of the island very accurate, but apart from that, poorly written and too much of a 'Mills and Boons' for my liking.

The Song of Troy
The Song of Troy

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed it, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Song of Troy (Kindle Edition)
It may not be the Iliad, but if Classics are not your thing, this is good. The story is told by the different protagonists and brings the old tale to life. I would definitely recommend it

ASUS DSL-N66U N900 Dual-Band Wireless VDSL/ADSL 2+ Gigabit Modem Router, 2.0 USB port for Media Server, Annex A/B/J/M

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately we could not get it to work, 10 May 2014
ASUS were very helpful, but unfortunately we ended up returning this because it would not work with our computer after all the e-mails coming and going with them. It may be down to our system, I don't know. Refund was very easy to obtain.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2014 12:37 PM BST

Perixx PERIDUO-703B UK, Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Set - Full Size - Piano Black - 2.4G - Up to 10 Meters Operating Range - Chiclet Key Design - Brand Batteries Included - 128 Bit AES Encryption - UK Layout
Offered by Perixx UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for its price, 21 April 2014
Feels a bit 'plasticky' - I know it is made of plastic, but I am sure you get my meaning. Anyway, iboth keyboard and mouse have worked fine so far. The only bad thing I can say is that there is no light to show when Caps Lock or Number Lock are on, which is a real nuisance!

Italian Edition L'estate che non avrei mai immaginato
Italian Edition L'estate che non avrei mai immaginato

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull and boring, 21 April 2014
I am Italian and I teach Italian to adults; I found the language so false that I would certainly not recommend it to any of my students. As for the story, pretty boring as well. At least it was cheap... But save yourselves 77p!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 9:13 AM GMT

Trio
Trio

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of her best books, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Trio (Kindle Edition)
I must admit I prefer Cath Staincliffe's detective stories, so I didn't find this as good as her other books; still, it is a nice holiday read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4