Profile for SJSmith > Reviews

Content by SJSmith

SJSmith (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Vikings in Britain (Tracking Down)
The Vikings in Britain (Tracking Down)
by Moira Butterfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for upper KS2 into lower KS3, 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son is in Y3 (but hasn't turned 8 yet) and he enjoyed reading this with me. His reading age is in line with his chronological age but he found it a little difficult in places and when alone used the pictures and the side boxes for his interest. We both liked the consistency of colours throughout the book although I felt it looked a little dated in places with the choice of photos, like a DK book you've had on the shelves for a while. The Go Visit sections give ideas and this is good for stimulating suggestions on places to visit etc. We enjoyed time chatting about the differences between then and now and also making links to his curriculum in school. The paperback is a decent price and adds well to the non-fiction collection on his shelves. He was able to make links between this and the fiction he reads including Vikings.

Star Wars Art of Colouring The Force Awakens (Star Wars Colouring Book)
Star Wars Art of Colouring The Force Awakens (Star Wars Colouring Book)
by Lucasfilm

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice images but not quite anti-stress, 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
And odd mix for the price. Combines the relaxation of colouring with film specifics. Feels like it is trying to be too many things at once: a book specifically for fans with images to colour in or a book with the mindfulness of colouring? When it is pitched as anti-stress colouring book (see back cover) I feel it needed more to it. For the main part you will need to be a fan in order to know the characters or machines. Boasts more than a 100 images to colour which there definitely is and some more worthwhile than others. This would make a good present, which I think is a given and is pitched at high end pocket money so would make a good idea for mother's day or father's day.

Hallmark Easter Card "Best of Everything" - Medium
Hallmark Easter Card "Best of Everything" - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Non-specific Church that looks pretty, 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Traditional imagery on the card to represent those amongst us who turn to the church for Easter yet seems to focus on more of the frivolity within the greeting. I've given it 4 stars as I don't feel the image matches the greeting inside. A nice size and something I'd choose to post to family who don't live near me as I feel it is spacious enough to write a letter of sorts inside. A decent price for those that purchase Easter cards.

Teletubbies: My First Numbers Lift-the-Flap
Teletubbies: My First Numbers Lift-the-Flap
by Egmont UK Ltd
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheery colours, 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Straightforward with no frills this is simply counting to 10 - there's nothing else to it. Possibly look for it being a bit cheaper on offer somewhere? My youngest is about to turn 2 next month and enjoys the Teletubbies and he has the pattern sussed and can count some of the numbers correctly. I've given it 4 stars because sometimes the lift-the-flap is part of the counting and other times it isn't so can seem confusing - such as the balloon page the balloon is part of it. So my little boy was "counting" with his fingers on the page and adding numbers in. It is a sturdy board book and is as resilient as any other like this (except in the hands of my son lol). Clear and colourful and worth it for the brand if your child is into them.

Eureka Sensitive Non Bio Liquid Detergent with Olive Oil Soap and Organic Chamomile 1 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked but is expensive, 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I review products for Amazon vine and I have to say I chose this because it was free but I wouldn't be buying it again as I found it too expensive. I've given it 3 stars because it is okay, there's nothing wrong with it and I nudged it up to 4 because it did well hand wash and left these items smelling as fresh as if they'd been through a normal thirty degree wash. However I'm not convinced this is any better than a supermarket equivalent yet is not as cost effective. I used less than the recommended amount to make it go further. Each load came out smelling fresh but everyone in the house noticed no difference in their clothing or how they felt when worn.

Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Emollient Wash  354 ml
Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Emollient Wash 354 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Good on adult skin too, 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I know it's for baby skin but I love it too. Sometimes as part of my Coeliac Disease I get sore cracked skin and little blisters here and there and I find this is a soothing emollient wash for me when often other products can sting a little. It is like having a bath in moisturiser. Take care when first using the product as you don't need as much as you think you do especially if you are using on a children's skin - a little goes a long way. The wash is definitely soothing, it does exactly what it says it will do. I also found, after two C-sections that I got a rash from the drugs used and found this to be good at those times as well. Lasts a long time, is kind to your skin and leaves you feeling great.

Key Stage 2 Maths Practice Papers: KS2 Maths, Ages 7-11 (SATs for new national curriculum) (Schofield & Sims Practice Papers)
by Hilary Koll

4.0 out of 5 stars A good resource, 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My little lad is only in Y3 but I wanted to see ahead to see what is expected of him in a few years time so as yet I'm not using them with him. He's had a look though and says the colours are nice and he can see clearly what he needs to do on each page. He has also seen my CGP guides for KS1 and KS2 and says he does prefer those and I find you often get more on offer for your money with CGP.

What you do get, if you're choosing Schofield and Sims is one complete set of questions, a mark scheme and a set of answers which is essentially all you need. It is well presented and clear to read and does exactly what it sets out to achieve.

Post-it 70005290831 Sheet
Post-it 70005290831 Sheet
Offered by SupplyShack

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for the larger list, 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
3 blocks of post-it sheets: green, yellow and pink (not blue like it looks in the picture). They stick well to the fridge for shopping lists, to give to colleagues with jobs that need completing, taking notes in a meeting or for memos at home about family events. The possibilities are endless for these size ones. Love them!

Post-it Notes - Note Pads - Lined - Canary Yellow - 1 Pack Of 6 Pads - 100 Sheets Per Pads - 152 mm x 102 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective product, 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
6 pads included and this size is excellent for shopping lists. I keep a few attached the fridge at a time for my lists. They are perfect for meetings as well as I find these size sheets take enough notes for the jobs that I've walked away with after a meeting. Good quality as are all 3M post-it products. This is the traditional canary yellow ones that we're used to seeing for this product.

English Language and Literature Revision and Exam Practice Book for AQA (GCSE Grades 9-1)
by Richard Durant

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing content., 18 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fantastic resource. I'm a teacher but as a parent I would be purchasing this. At under £12 you've got everything in here you need for the AQA GCSE English Language & Literature 9-1 course. We aren't teaching AQA at my school but I've been able to gather ideas and material for my classes. It is a wonderful resource and as a huge CGP fan I would say this knocks socks of their material. The colours are great and the content is spot on. I can't recommend this highly enough!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20