Profile for Mr. M. AYRES > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. AYRES

Mr. M. AYRES "mayres1975" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Fan Pack - Theresa May Lifesize 2D Cardboard Standup / Cutout Plus 20x25cm Photo
Offered by Hot Dog Movie Posters, Prints & Gifts

1.0 out of 5 stars WEAK & FEEBLE, 3 May 2017
No idea how it turned up on my doorstep as I didn't actually order it and when I asked my neighbours, they hadn't ordered it either. I'm sure there must be other options but when I did some research I kept getting told this was the only option available and the other options were not very strong and not very stable. I said I disagree and would like to try something different and was then told I was a looney and should just accept this.

I did put it on my garden but it scared the foxes away :(

Surely there's another option.

K-2SO Elite Series Die-Cast Figure, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
K-2SO Elite Series Die-Cast Figure, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Offered by Sadlers Bargain Buys

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality figure but totally agree with first review, Disney ..., 17 Dec. 2016
Quality figure but totally agree with first review, Disney store is only £19.99 so I got mine there for obvious reason

Neewer® 5 in 1 Portable Triangle 43''Inch/110cm Multi Camera Lighting Reflector/Diffuser Kit with Grip and Carrying Case for Photography (43" Triangle)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad. I have Neewer reflectors and they have always ..., 20 July 2016
Handle broke within two minutes use. Arrived on Monday with first use today (Wednesday). Not to be used again. Very bad. I have Neewer reflectors and they have always been great but this one with the handle is just poor quality. :(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2016 11:31 PM BST

Nuby Octopus Floating Bath Toy (Multi-Coloured)
Nuby Octopus Floating Bath Toy (Multi-Coloured)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bath time fun :), 4 Feb. 2016
Brilliant bath toy, my one year old loves it. Nice, colourful and tactile. Also it doesn't have a hole in it so horrible scum or mould will form over time which normally happens with these kind of bath toys. The only very small grip is that the rings are quite small for a one year old to get back onto the tentacles and as for an octopus only having six legs, really, who cares, certainly not a one year old :)

Rubies Official Star Wars Adults 2 Piece Flame Trooper Helmet
Rubies Official Star Wars Adults 2 Piece Flame Trooper Helmet
Offered by Trueboy Clothing Company Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking quality, 4 Feb. 2016
Ordered this item for a photoshoot. I realise this was a cheap(ish) item but had no idea just how bad it was. Shockingly thin plastic, the two parts are a nightmare to line up and more often than not the velcro would just come apart and the item would fall off. Rubies quality has been dropping for a while but I'm done now, not going to them for masks again.

As for the seller, Party Showroom, I have no problems with at all, item was returned with no complaints

Inside Out [DVD]
Inside Out [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Poehler

5.0 out of 5 stars Oscar worth - storytelling at its best, 12 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Inside Out [DVD] (DVD)
Wow didn't see this one coming. We as a family normally prefer Studio Ghibli over Disney for all out quality story telling but wow this one is absolutely incredible and not what we expected at all. It almost works on two levels. One for children but also an under current for parents and that's where it hit home for us. I won't go into the story because there are many more reviews on here that do that but all I will say is that if this isn't recognised at the Oscars then that is a crying shame because this is story telling at its absolute best. And yes, we did cry during the film so let's not cry at the oscars haha. I wonder if it can be the first ever animation to win best picture, it really is that good. Watch it, you won't regret it 😊
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2015 10:31 AM GMT

Rubie's Official Deluxe Master Chief Mask Fancy Dress
Rubie's Official Deluxe Master Chief Mask Fancy Dress

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 9 Feb. 2015
My kids have a large collection of sci-fi helmets and costumes and this one was going to be a great addition to that. Unfortunately it will be being sold quite quickly. The build quality on this is shocking, especially for the money paid. Very flimsy plastic, the lights fall off very easily and it is huge, even too big for myself, so on the kids its ridiculous. When you think of all the great helmets made by Rubies, this one fails on all areas. Another minor niggle is the box shows 2 lights each side, when in reality it is only one. Not impressed. The only positive is that is does look good on the shelf, but it's a helmet, it should be worn, and if it is, it will break quickly.

Spirited Away [DVD] [2001]
Spirited Away [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Rumi Hiiragi

5.0 out of 5 stars Imagination at it's absolute best, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Imagination at it's absolute best. This is now probably my favourite film of all time, and I'm old, and seen hundreds of films. So why this one, well, where on earth do you start? A stunning adventure that takes you from the human world, into the spirit world with main character Chihiro. She needs to stay smart while working in Yubaba's bathhouse (in the spirit world), to rescue her parents who have been turned into pigs being made ready for slaughter. The imagination used in this film is spellbinding, the characters are engrossing, from Kamajii who looks after the boiler with his many arms, No Face, who only says "ah" in the whole film but pulls you in with his actions, and Haku, the Spirit of the Kohaku River who can transform into a stunning dragon, he is the one who helps Chihiro while she is in the sprit world. Sound confusing, well it really isn't, just watch the film, sit back and be transported into a wonderful story.

Visually, it doesn't get much better than this, the detail in this cell animation is as remarkable as the story itself. You can see why, in 2003, it won the Academy Award for best Animation.

Kiki's Delivery Service [DVD]
Kiki's Delivery Service [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hayao Miyazaki

5.0 out of 5 stars Animation at it's best, 5 Jan. 2015
Wonderful, what is not too like? Bought this for my four year old daughter who absolutely loves it, more so even than Frozen :) A lovely tale of a young witch (Kiki) who embarks in some training away from home and decides to set up a delivery service with a local bakery. Touching on the issues of starting a new life, making new friends and starting out in life, something we have all been through. I especially love her little black cat Jiji who is full of sarcasm and humour. There is no spirit world, dragons or waring armies in this film, but is just a warm story, spot on family entertainment

The Wind Rises [DVD]
The Wind Rises [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hayao Miyazaki

4.0 out of 5 stars Visual Masterpiece, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Wind Rises [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love Studio Ghibli, and am gutted they might not be producing any more films :( Was lucky enough to get this as an xmas present so now have the complete collection lol. However, this film is quite different for Ghibli. It is based on the life of Jiro Horikoshi, who designed the renowned Japanese Zero aircraft. However, because it is more of a biopic, and started the story from when he was a boy right up to the time the Zero flew, I personally think it tried to fit too much into a short time. I found it didn't really have the time to truly discover who Jiro was. He lives through some astonishing times and events, but in the film it is so quick you don't really get a chance to digest it. I especially thought it skipped over his relationship with his wife way too quickly. Don't get me wrong, this is a visual masterpiece and I do love it, but think that some events could of been left out to allow time to develop more important ones.
Well worth the time in your life to watch it though :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9