Profile for Mr. M. AYRES > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. AYRES

Mr. M. AYRES "mayres1975" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Bathory: Countess of Blood [DVD]
Bathory: Countess of Blood [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Friel
Offered by Home Entertainment Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 5 July 2011
Considering the back story to this film I was expecting at least something watchable. As it was I got bored after 15 mins and turned it off after 45mins. Bad dull acting, 1970's cinematography, and a bored cast all lead to a terrible film.

Paul [DVD]
Paul [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Pegg
Offered by Nr1mediaFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars ONE FOR US SCI FI FREAKS :), 15 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Paul [DVD] (DVD)
This was a bit of a slow burner at first and after half an hour I was starting to wonder what all the fuss was about. But it turns out I needn't of worried as it was brilliant. Loads of in jokes, star wars, Aliens, star trek, Indy, Close Encounters, too many to name really. But it certainly isn't all about in jokes. The story centres around 2 geeky mates on a trip to the US to travel around all the sci fi sites when low and behold they bump into a reall alien. Paul was played excellently by Seth Rogan, the perfect match. The CG was top notch on him as well. There is nothing not to like about him, and part of me hopes they do a sequal, but another part of me worries about such ventures.

One of the bravest things about the movie is them tounching on Evolution and God, or lack there of a God. Bearing in mind this is really made for a US audience I think this might of upset some hard line christians. This make sme even happier haha. Great film only losing 1 star due to it's slow start. Defo one to watch and one to watch more than once :)

Fenech-Soler
Fenech-Soler

5.0 out of 5 stars F-ING BRILLIANT, 2 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Fenech-Soler (MP3 Download)
If your a fan of bands like Friendly Fires, Groove Armada, Cut Copy or Everything Everything then this is for you. Or better still, if your a fan of good old fashioned synth pop. Yes they do sound familiar but that adds to their addictiveness. I can't help feeling like I recognise them but don't know how. I know one thing though, I can't stop listening, and unfortunately for my wife, singing to it. Great stuff :)

Painting Pretty Pictures
Painting Pretty Pictures
by Rankin

1.0 out of 5 stars UTTER TOSH, 7 Feb. 2011
Well this isn't what I was expecting at all. One of the worlds top photographers with some of the worlds top models. And with that they produce this rubbish. Images look way to photoshoped, and done badly. Book is printed ok(ish) but the varnish over each images makes it look tacky and cheap. There are virtually no words of interest, only the first name of each model. Thats it, no intro, nothing.

Theer are only 17 images in the whole book, and after image 3 your already bored as the style is extremely repetitive and rather dull. The only image worth looking again at it the one on the cover of Lily Cole.

You buy these books to become inspired and look at the great works that are out there, this has nothing to affer, at all. Total rubbish, sending it back now for a full refund. I can't rant enough at how disapointing this is, a cheaply printed photobook online would look better than this. What a rip off.

Rant over, don't buy, go to the book store and have a flick through first and you'll see.

Messy Little Raindrops
Messy Little Raindrops
Offered by b68solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars One word - awful, 23 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
One word - awful

I will let thesaurus say the rest for me = abominable, alarming, appalling, atrocious, deplorable, depressing, dire, disgusting, distressing, dreadful, fearful, frightful, ghastly, grody, gross*, gruesome, grungy, harrowing, hideous, horrendous, horrible, horrific, horrifying, nasty, offensive, raunchy, repulsive, shocking, stinking, synthetic, tough, ugly, unpleasant

So talentless I have no idea how she is so famous.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2012 4:01 PM BST

Insatiable
Insatiable
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG SURPRISE, 23 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Insatiable (Audio CD)
I bought this for my wife for Christmas as she is into this pop stuff. I prefer proper music myself and find most pop music today over-rated and sung by mostly talentless people who need a lot of work done in the studio before putting their 'promoters record' out. However, arogant statement over, I for the first time in a long long time actually found myself singing along. Nadine has a truely great voice, unlike her former band mate (no names here). There are so few proper original voices out there in the pop world at the mo, I can probably only think of about 4 or 5 but she defo needs to be added to this list.

How come she is not being promoted better, this album is best pop album i've heardin years, I think I have actually listened to 'Runnin' about 100 times in the car, and this is coming from a metal head haha. Great tunes, great voice, great album. This is how pop music is meant to be done.

Sex and the City 2 (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Sex and the City 2 (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sarah Jessica Parker
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars GUYS, DON'T GET TALKED INTO WATCHING IT., 30 Dec. 2010
Damn that was one of the most painful things I've ever watched. The cultural insensitivity is done in shockingly bad taste. For most of the film i had no idea what the story was even about. It turns out that every relationship is different. Really? Did we need to go through all that awful awful script to find that out. I got talked into watching this, my mistake, I did get my wife the DVD for xmas. Well, i have now learned my mistake and hope never to make the same one again.

Salt [DVD] [2010]
Salt [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Angelina Jolie
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars SEQUEL PLEASE :), 19 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Salt [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I've never really understoood the hype surrounding Jolie, she has tried numerous action films and I have to say I have never really liked any of them. This however is different. At last we have the female heroen that has been so lacking in Hollywood, and it's has been a long time coming since the days of Ripley in Alien. Sure there are gaps in the script, and some parts are quite unbelievable, but this is an action film, not Changeling. For it's pitfalls this film shines through, kept me gripped all the way through and is one film I would actually like to see a sequel too. Defo watch this, sit back and enjoy :)

The Expendables [DVD]
The Expendables [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sylvester Stallone
Offered by Bee-Entertained

2.0 out of 5 stars ALL THIS TALENT BUT NO SCRIPT WRITER???, 16 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Expendables [DVD] (DVD)
Well I was well looking forward to this. Good old fashioned brain numbing action film. All the greats are in this, well, apart from The Rock :( But even with all this talent none of them shine through. My intrest lasted about 30 seconds and then my brain instead of going numb and enjoying it, just started wandering. This was a very disapointing film, made absolutely no impact on me whatsoever. Which is strange as I am a massive action film fan, everything from Die Hard through to Walking Tall, love even the bad old 80's action flicks, but this was just drivel. Great idea, very pooly executed. I would say watch it, just to show you how great the old films were.

Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 9 Dec. 2010
Short review: Probably one of the best and most intelligent films I have ever seen. I love films, have almost 500 dvd's and this has gone straight to number 1. I normally don't believe the hype, but with this one you really should.
Exceelent script writing, excellent acting. Drags you straight in and doesn't let you go. Very clever idea, want more films like this please :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9