Profile for Aspascia > Reviews

Content by Aspascia

Aspascia

Page: 1 | 2
Auraglow Set of 12 Battery Operated Indoor String 2.5m LED Fairy Lights with Warm White Glow - STARS
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 27 Dec. 2015
These lights arrived with one not working. I returned them and got a replacement set, which were great at first ... until they stopped working. In total, we got about 7 hours out of them before they gave up the ghost. We tried four different sets of batteries, to no avail. It was a real shame because they looked lovely when they worked. They are cheap, yes, but one would still expect more than a few hours of use before they died. Returning for a refund.

Belkin QODE Ultimate Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Autowake for iPad Air - White
Belkin QODE Ultimate Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Autowake for iPad Air - White
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for typists, great all-in-one, 27 Nov. 2015
I love this keyboard for my iPad Air. I'm a touch typist, and this provides nice tactile feedback and a 'clicky' experience. The strong magnetic docking feature is great, and you can also flip it around to stand up the iPad without the keyboard being exposed (eg to watch TV on it). I use this every day with Word and do a lot of typing, and I love it. It also holds a charge well - nearly two months of daily use (up to 6 hours a day) and I haven't had to recharge it yet. The hard clamshell case is very hard-wearing and I feel that my iPad is well protected. No complaints at all.

PLEMO Auto Open Close Compact Travel Folding Umbrella with Anti-Slip Rubberized Grip, Windproof and Waterproof Portable for Business and Travel (Classic Black)
Offered by PLEMO UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a quality umbrella, 27 Nov. 2015
I've used this umbrella a few times now, and it feels very sturdy. It's definitely bigger and heavier than my previous compact one and weighs down my bag quite a bit, but I'm hoping it will hold up better. It's also a good diameter, enough to cover two people if they're good friends. It has been good in wind so far; it did turn inside out in one particularly strong wind, but easily flipped back and didn't seem to sustain any damage. And the button release is nice for one-handed operation (getting it back down could be difficult for someone with decreased strength or arthritis, however). So far, so good.

Shuffle Guess Who Card Game
Shuffle Guess Who Card Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the original - ideal for travelling, 25 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Shuffle Guess Who Card Game (Toy)
I'm a speech and language therapist, and although it would be great to be able to take a selection of full-size games everywhere with me, it's just not possible! This is a great, much more portable alternative to the more familiar Guess Who (a staple activity for SLTs). It slips easily into my bag and is very light. The only downside is that because it's essentially a deck of cards, it's a little fiddly compared to the original game, especially for younger children. But that's a minor niggle when one considers the benefits of having a small, portable travel game that can be played anywhere. I definitely recommend it for travelling, but for a game to play at home I would still go for the original version.

ASUS T100TAF-BING-DK024B 11.6 inch HD LED Convertible Laptop Notebook (Intel BayTrail 1.46 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 32 GB eMMC, Wi-Fi, HDMI, USB 3.0, Windows 8.1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, fails to deliver, 7 Oct. 2015
I decided on a Windows tablet because I would be using it primarily for Office apps so I could work on the go, and I thought Asus would be the way to go. I now realise that was a big mistake. It was glitchy, didn't do what I wanted it to do, and one day in it lost its ability to connect to wifi. It was showing an error message on the network adapter but was unable to resolve it. Tried to reinstall network adapter drivers, to no avail. It then stopped turning on and I was forced to hard start it any time I wanted to turn it on. Really awful tablet generally. I've since returned it and bought an iPad, something I probably should have just done in the first place to save myself a lot of frustration!

Contigo Autoseal Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler, 16 Ounces, Silver
Contigo Autoseal Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler, 16 Ounces, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Best travel mug I've ever used (and the new and improved model to boot!)., 18 Sept. 2014
After using a fiddly mini Thermos flask for a year, bring unable to drink from it while travelling and inevitably making a mess pouring the coffee into the little cup, I decided an upgrade was in order. This mug has it all. It doesn't leak in my bag, is easy to drink from, and keeps my coffee hot for three hours (I've never left it longer than that). It's easy to drink from and mess free. Although the coloured ones are gorgeous, after reading too many reviews about the colour coming off, I decided to play it safe and go with practical and reliable plain stainless steel. I knew there was a new generation on the market with an easy clean lid (you can open the mechanism right out to clean inside) and a lock for the button (no more accidental opening in bags), but the description makes no mention of these features, and I was also informed by Contigo that this new model is only available in the US. I was, therefore, very pleasantly surprised to find when my mug arrived that it is, in fact, the new model with all the bells and whistles! Considering I've seen these for £30 elsewhere (for the older model), I'm exceptionally happy with this mug.

Snekz Cage White Bird Hard Gloss Case for iPhone 5/5s
Snekz Cage White Bird Hard Gloss Case for iPhone 5/5s

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case at an affordable price., 18 Sept. 2014
Very happy with this case. It looks great and, with a small lip around the front, looks like it will help to protect my phone if it gets dropped. Easy to attach and remove. Good value for the price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 29 Nov. 2012
I bought this agar powder simply because I wanted to try a few recipes from 'Vegan Pie in the Sky' that called for powder, rather than the more common agar flakes. Apparently the powder works better in certain recipes. Essentially, it does the job it's supposed to do, and I'm working my way through those delicious, but previously out of reach, pies. Five stars for the fact that I was actually able to track down a retailer selling agar powder!

Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day: Revolutionary New Takes On Everyone's Favorite On-the-Go Meal
by Tamasin Noyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Stunning Sandwiches!, 19 Sept. 2012
I must admit, I've always found vegan sandwiches a little uninspired and uninspiring, and I do struggle for interesting ideas for lunchtimes. But no more! This book features the most delicious sandwich and wrap ideas - things that I could never have come up with on my own. There is guaranteed to be something for everyone in here - vegans and omnivores alike.

Pure Antarctic Krill oil 500mg x 60 vegan capsules. A Excellent pure product with no added ingredients.
Offered by Lytham Body

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT vegetarian!, 8 May 2012
Be aware that this product is being mis-sold. Krill are animals, and as such, this product is neither vegan nor vegetarian. This is an entirely unethical attempt to dupe consumers. Do not buy if you are vegetarian!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2012 9:52 AM GMT