Profile for C McEvoy > Reviews

Content by C McEvoy

C McEvoy

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (VMC)
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (VMC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 15 Mar. 2014
Beautifully written. Heartbreaking. Funny. Absorbing.
I enjoyed this book very much and look forward to reading more from this inspiring woman.

To Serve Them All My Days
To Serve Them All My Days

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 15 Sept. 2013
Very enjoyable. The main character was well developed and it was interesting to see the changes in his life between the wars. Well written and absorbing. You just have to ignore the anachronistic portrayal of the role of women.

Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal
Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App, 31 Aug. 2013
I use this every day and it has really helped me with my diet. Being able to access the food info and calories for such a wide range of products is great. The option to add exercise info is a bonus. Would recommend this highly.

Fahrenheit 451 (Flamingo Modern Classics)
Fahrenheit 451 (Flamingo Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Aug. 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found some of it quite scary. Once I started reading it I had to continue until the end. It really drew me in and I wanted to know how it would finish. Good writing and it makes you think about books and how we take the power of writing for granted.

The Newlyweds
The Newlyweds

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Newlyweds (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the story and was interested to find out what would happen to the characters. The first part of the book was particularly interesting and I enjoyed the contrast between the two cultures. I liked the female characters in particular.
I felt however that the story lost its way towards the end and went on a little bit too long. Still glad that I bought it however.

Instructions for a Heatwave
Instructions for a Heatwave

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Aug. 2013
OK but not as good as previous books by this author. It didn't draw me in and I did not really care about the characters and what was happening to them. Disappointing.

Everest 1953: The Epic Story Of The First Ascent
Everest 1953: The Epic Story Of The First Ascent
by Mick Conefrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jun. 2013
Excellent

Well written, informative, new insights into the story of the expedition and the ascent. The story of what happened afterwards was also interesting. Excellent.