Profile for Poppy-Pie > Reviews

The Penguin Lessons
The Penguin Lessons
by Tom Michell

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read, 29 Aug. 2017
This review is from: The Penguin Lessons (Paperback)
Loved this, it's a short book which is a quick and easy read. A beautiful true story and well written. I expect the author's children loved growing up hearing his penguin tales and how nice that he has documented this into a book. As soon as I finished the book, I found the 40 year old video footage of Juan Salvado on You Tube - which I highly recommend.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauiful Love story, 8 May 2017
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Paperback)
I finished this book last night and I cried like a baby! One of the most beautiful books I've ever read. A great book for adults and teenagers. I will save this book for my daughter to read when she is old enough.

Oscar and Hoo Forever
Oscar and Hoo Forever
by Theo

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the book but not happy with the 'very good ..., 25 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Oscar and Hoo Forever (Paperback)
Love the book but not happy with the 'very good condition' description of the book, the front and back corners of the book were dog-eared and quite tatty.

The World of David Walliams CD Story Collection
The World of David Walliams CD Story Collection
by David Walliams
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD's, 8 July 2016
Brilliant CD's, a welcome break from our only other cd on long car journeys. Brilliantly read by David Walliams, the whole family enjoys them.

Bedtime Meditations for Kids (Calm Kids)
Bedtime Meditations for Kids (Calm Kids)
by Christiane Kerr
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 8 July 2016
Theses CD's have transformed our bedtimes, cannot recommend them more highly!

UKayed Urban City Commute Push Kick Grey Scooter Foldable Modern Strong Solid Metal Design - Kids - Teens - Adults

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 28 Jun. 2016
Used my scooter for the first time today to travel to work, it cut my 25 min walk down by 10 mins. Didn't realise what a great work out this would be! Only got laughed at once by a group of kids! Be careful when hopping off to cross the road, the handlebars stay in your hands but the scooter swings round and it tripped me up in the middle of the road! Advice from my Osteopath - switch legs every so often when scooting, it feels strange at first but you soon get used to it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2016 11:16 PM BST

Travellers: Voices of the New Age Nomads
Travellers: Voices of the New Age Nomads
by Richard Lowe

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Feb. 2016
I read this book when it first came out over twenty years ago and was into the party & festival scene and aspired to be a hippy (whilst at university and living in a house I hasten to add!) Anyway I loved the book then so brought it again recently and read it in about a day. Loved it just as much as I did the first time. Gutted to read Chip's review but wondered what everyone is up to now!

Playmobil 5230 Dinos Volcano with T-Rex Dinosaur
Playmobil 5230 Dinos Volcano with T-Rex Dinosaur

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 28 Dec. 2015
Brought this for my nearly 5 year old son for Christmas. He has all the others from the Playmobil Dino range. He played with this ALL day long on Christmas day!

Organised Mum 2016 Family Life Book diary (runs from now to December 2016) week-to-view with columns for 7 people and extra features to help with organisation

3.0 out of 5 stars Pricey item, just buy a bigger diary!, 28 Dec. 2015
It's ok, not amazing, yes there are lots of spaces to write in, but they are tiny (you can write one or two words) so personally I wouldn't waste my money again, i'd just buy a bigger diary!!

Lurch Spirali 10203 Vegetable Spiralizer Green/Cream
Lurch Spirali 10203 Vegetable Spiralizer Green/Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Oct. 2015
Really happy with my new kitchen gadget! Easy to use & clean. My 8 year old loves helping me cook with it too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3