Profile for Brianpatrickwilliams > Reviews

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately works., 15 May 2015
You can feel the resistance in your muscles. I have never been inclined to persue a workout DVD longer than 3 days but Jillian motivated me to do it everyday and I'm now half way through my 30 day shred. Only takes 20 minutes out of my time which I find resonable. Fantastic buy for £5, just what I wanted.

The Macabre Collection (Complete Set)
The Macabre Collection (Complete Set)

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 29 Mar. 2015
Not quite sure why I purchased this. Not my normal fare. It os a good tale very spooky and well put together. It has a very gothic feel. If you enjoy this genre then you'll love this. Still not sure what to make of it.

The Palace of Curiosities
The Palace of Curiosities

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange but fun, 16 Feb. 2015
Brings together two freaks and as we learn their stories we are drawn into the world of a gothic and imagined London. The writing is pretty st times and fits in well with the mood of the tale. Nothing profound but a pleasing diversion

Stardust
Stardust

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Stardust (Kindle Edition)
A road movie of a book. Much more enjoyable than the film. I think I have become a fan of Neil's. I wonder which one to read next.

The Long Ships: A Saga of the Viking Age
The Long Ships: A Saga of the Viking Age

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 4 Jan. 2015
Not sure what made me read this as I tend to read mainly modern literature. Whatever it was I am heartily glad. Fascinating, well written, funny and gripping. It's likeThree men in a boat but with better jokes, wisdom and more beheadings.

The Returned (The Returned Series Book 1)
The Returned (The Returned Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy interesting resd, 16 Dec. 2014
Excellent story

The Riot
The Riot

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Riot (Kindle Edition)
Great pace, plot, characters and thought provoking. If you like your whodunits to be a bit smarter than the rest of the pack then this is the one.

A Swarming of Bees
A Swarming of Bees

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 27 Oct. 2014
If you like to feel the grunge of history then this book is for you. It really conveys a sense of time and is a rattling good yarn.

The Marrying of Chani Kaufman
The Marrying of Chani Kaufman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Sept. 2014
A fascinating story about a community I knew little about. A tale of love, angst, life and compromise. The characters are all likeable and the baddy is slendidly bad. Read and enjoy.

The Ninth Life of Louis Drax
The Ninth Life of Louis Drax

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 13 Sept. 2014
Another good old yarn from Liz. Well written easy to read, good pace and keeps you guessing and putting bits together. Ark
Baby is still my favourite but this is very enjoyable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4