Profile for Charlotte > Reviews

Briannca and the Crystal Dragons
Briannca and the Crystal Dragons
by Peter Wilkin

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragon-tastic, 17 Dec. 2013
I was gripped from the first page! The story is exciting and keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout. Well written and fantastic illustrations - a must buy for the kids :)

The Paris Wife
The Paris Wife
by Paula McLain

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, 24 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Paris Wife (Paperback)
I found this book very interesting and enjoyable. When I originally downloaded it I was unaware it was about real life characters and the life story of Hemmingway's 1st wife, Hadley. Once I started to read it began to fall into place! The book was well written and kept me interested throughout. My only complaints and my reasons for 4 (rather than 5) stars are as follows;
1.) I found some of the conversations between characters difficult to follow as there was often long pages of prose without any indication as to who said what.
2.) There where a lot of different characters who come & go out of Hadley & Hem's lives and I found it difficult at times to keep up with who's who.
Overall a good read which I would recommend.

The Big Picture
The Big Picture

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book - a bit too long and a bit far fetched!, 14 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Big Picture (Kindle Edition)
The first part of this book had me gripped and I read a big chunk in one sitting. Then it started to get more and more far fetched. It was also rather long and drawn out in parts with a lot of irrelevant detail in parts. Although well written it definitely wasn't the best book I've read, but certainly not the worst. I finished it and I'd say it was worth finishing - as I said earlier just a bit too long and a bit too far fetched. I'll probably try another Douglas Kennedy book before I give up on him altogether.

A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable easy read, 14 Jun. 2012
I downloaded this book after seeing an interview on 'This Morning' with James and Bob. The book was enjoyable and an easy read. Both James and Bob are likeable characters and the tale of their meeting and life together is very interesting. It was very informative about how James made his money busking / selling Big Issue and gave me a new respect for Big Issue sellers. My only (minor) complaint would be a little epilogue at the end with an update of how James & Bob are doing now would have been good. Overall a nice, easy read.

The Hunger Games: 1/3 (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games: 1/3 (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping book, 14 Jun. 2012
I downloaded this book onto my kindle after all the hype of the film - I always think the book is better so decided to read it rather than watch it. Although it took me a few chapters to get into the story, once I was into it I was hooked. The book has a fast pace and is a real page turner. I won't go into the plot line as several other reviews have already done that - so I'll just say I'd recommend this book to anyone - old and young readers alike.

The Woman Before Me: International Bestseller. Shocking. Page-Turning. Intelligent. Psychological Thriller Series with Cate Austin (New Edition)
by Ruth Dugdall

5.0 out of 5 stars The Woman Before Me, 9 Jun. 2012
I wont go over the plot or give away any spoilers as many reviews before this one have already done that. All I will say is I really enjoyed this book and was hooked from start to finish. I would definitely recommend it and now look forward to reading other books by this author.

Lowepro Rezo 160 AW Shoulder Bag for DSLR Camera
Lowepro Rezo 160 AW Shoulder Bag for DSLR Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Poppin's Bag!, 15 Jan. 2011
This camera bag is fantastic! It fits in my Canon eos 1000d with the 18-55mm lens attached and also my other two lens (50mm and 55-250mm). I can also squeeze in a spare battery and my lens cleaning cloths and one (small) lens hood! It is so much more spacious than it looks! There is also the hand rain cover that is neatly tucked away. I am so happy with this bag. It was delivered quickly too and very competative price.

Neonatal Care: A Textbook for Student Midwives and Nurses
Neonatal Care: A Textbook for Student Midwives and Nurses
by Amanda Williamson

5.0 out of 5 stars Student Midwife Essential, 12 Jan. 2011
I've found this book an excellent resource throughout my midwifery training and will continue to use it once qualified. I would recommend to students and midwives and neonatal nurses alike.

The Midwives' Guide to Key Medical Conditions: Pregnancy and Childbirth
The Midwives' Guide to Key Medical Conditions: Pregnancy and Childbirth
by Linda Wylie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, 12 Jan. 2011
As a student midwife I have found this book invaluable to my training. It covers common medical conditions and their effects on pregnancy. It has proved especially useful for several of my 2nd year assignments which focus more on the 'abnormal.' I will continue to use this book throughout my training and once qualified.

ET-60 Lens Hood for CANON EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 II, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 II USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
Offered by BV-electronics

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced Essential, 12 Jan. 2011
The item arrived promptly and is as described. The lens hood serves it's purpose and is an essential part of my photography kit. However, for the price, the lens hood really is just a cheap piece of plastic, hence the 3 stars. There's nothing wrong with it, it works as it should. It's just a lot to pay for a cheap piece of plastic.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2012 11:28 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4