Profile for I Harvey > Reviews

I Harvey (Inverness)

The Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful buy I had the original 1992 version for many ..., 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings (Hardcover)
Wonderful buy I had the original 1992 version for many years and was gutted when I managed to loose it during a house move last year. The version eschews the paper jacket of the 92 version but being honest I prefer the plastic slipcase as it will help keep the book in good condition. The images are all there and the quality and feel of the book are just as good as my original one.

Definately a good buy for any Tolkien lover and fan of Alan Lee's amazing paintings.

Mass Effect 3: N7 Collector's Edition (PC DVD)
Mass Effect 3: N7 Collector's Edition (PC DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the mess of an ending, 24 April 2012
Now I will say straight if the mark that this game had me hooked and was brilliant for the most part indeed special mention goes to the story lines involving fan favourites Mordin Solous and Tali both of which were fantastically done.

However and it's a big however the ending of the game was just completely out of place with the rest of the game and indeed the whole ideal of your choices matter that the Mass Effect universe and bioware had tried to promote and in fact the ending was so bad that I actually wished I had stopped playing the game around the end of Thessia and just made up my own ending.

Had the game even had an ok ending I think I would have given this game a 100% score however due to the ending I feel it is only around a 50% or 60% or in amazon terms 2 or 3 out of 5 stars.

Bioware have accepted concerns around the ending and will be releasing a free "DLC" which they say will provide more closure some time around june/july so my reccomendation would be to wait until this comes out to see whether it solves the edning problems before buying the game.