Profile for Andy Hurley > Reviews

Content by Andy Hurley

Andy Hurley "I enjoy most genres of fiction but expecially crime fiction." (Cambridge, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Mini DisplayPort to HDMI, 3 in 1 Mini DisplayPort to HDMI DVI VGA Converter Adapter Cable for Apple MacBook / MacBook Air / MacBook Pro / iMac / Mac mini / Microsoft Surface Pro 1 2 3 - White HAHAHA

1.0 out of 5 stars VGA port does not work, 5 Nov. 2016
I'm afraid I have had to return this as I could not get the VGA output to work. I have other adaptors which work fine on my DELL XPS and needed a spare so thought I would go for this one as it might be useful to have DVI or HDMI at some point in the future. Sadly the HDMI worked fine but I could not get any display detected with VGA. It's a shame as this is a neat little cable but if it doesn't work it has to go back.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Bendy, 17 Aug. 2016
Many of these bent as soon I tried to hammer them in so they would seem to be single use only as they won't be reusable but they did the job for now.

Black IR Infrared Remote Control Receiver Extender Repeater Emitter USB Adapter
Black IR Infrared Remote Control Receiver Extender Repeater Emitter USB Adapter
Offered by highqualityforyou

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, 17 Aug. 2016
So easy to use, could have done with an indication of which end is transmitter and which receiver but I made an educated guess and was right.

150Nm Gas Strut Stay Lift Cabinet Cupboard Door Soft close Hinge
150Nm Gas Strut Stay Lift Cabinet Cupboard Door Soft close Hinge
Offered by solmer_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug. 2016
Perfect, thanks.

Everbuild EVBS2ENAMEL Stick 2-Touch Up Enamel
Everbuild EVBS2ENAMEL Stick 2-Touch Up Enamel

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't expect a perfect colour match and I wasn't disappointed but this has ..., 8 Jun. 2016
I didn't expect a perfect colour match and I wasn't disappointed but this has covered two large chips in an enamel bath without immediately flaking off like the other products I tried. It did not make a perfectly smooth repair either as there is no filler part but after several coats with sanding between I got it fairly close and it is good enough to hide the unsightly chips.

If you are after an invisible repair then look elsewhere but if you want something that does the job and stays put then this is the one. The invisible repair I tried fell off after the bath was used this one is still in place a week later but is noticeable if you look for it.

Cramer Ceramic / Enamel Repair Kit for Baths, Sinks and Counter Tops, Colour: Alpine White
Offered by ppp ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Looked great but didn't last, 18 May 2016
The process is fairly easy and it seemed to make a completely invisible repair to my enamel bath but the first time the bath was used (3 days after the repair) the 'paint' started flaking off, within a week most of the paint was gone and the epoxy repair had crumbled and fallen out. I presume it just can't cope with the small amount of flexing that occurs in the bath tub as it is used.

Stand for Nest Learning Thermostat
Stand for Nest Learning Thermostat

5.0 out of 5 stars Even the family seem to like it, I was worried they would find it ..., 2 Dec. 2014
I needed a thermostat and timer in any case and this worked out about the same price and offers so much more functionality. Even the family seem to like it, I was worried they would find it too techy.

It was a very easy self install which took about half an hour from start to finish hooking straight into the boiler as we had no existing thermostat.

Streamline+ Alu White Aluminium Flexible Curtain Track Ideal for Bay or Straight Windows 360cm
Offered by ABC Decor

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the bendy plastic things I had used before, 2 Dec. 2014
So much better than the bendy plastic things I had used before, finally I have bay window tracks that are straight and run smoothly.

Liberon WFS500 500ml Worktop Finish and Seal
Liberon WFS500 500ml Worktop Finish and Seal

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Dec. 2014
Does exactly as expected and much better than the oils I had tried to use previously.

YPA M1-C4S Lavalier Mic Wireless lapel Uni-directional Microphone FOR SHURE BLACK
Offered by jackmicrophones

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good for the price, 2 Dec. 2014
Surprisingly good for the price. They are a little more sensitive to noise from clothing than I would like but careful positioning reduces this to a minimum.

Page: 1 | 2